Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Black friday - The game dedicated to scaring the (NPC) living  (Read 3483 times)

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Black friday - The game dedicated to scaring the (NPC) living
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 08:04:22 am »

Eh, I suppose you aren't looking at it the right way, I do not believe it has to be scary for us personally.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 10:14:13 am »

I don't think there's any presentation that could make these events scary.
Well obviously. Why would the monster be scared of itself? Think what it would be like for the woman though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 10:32:13 am »

I did. Still not scary.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 10:40:54 am »

...seeing someone you KNOW is dead just staring at you with empty eye sockets as you wake up from a nightmare isn't scary?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 10:57:31 am »

Not really, because it's such a cheap obvius tactic. It's just the kind of thing you would halucinate, and there's enoguth data around tha people might be able make reconstructions etc.
Even if it is kinda creepy, what is the thing going to DO? Bleed ichor on me?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 11:37:11 am »

Well considering the super-natural capacities, it probably would have no trouble choking you to death if it so chose.
 Think about it, you are facing something that should not be there, that alone is something that would make a regular person jump out of their skin.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 11:55:57 am »

I have determined that Armok is a robot.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 01:21:51 pm »

The next one we should torment in a slower fashion, over a period of weeks. This wasn't as creepy as that would be, since driving someone mad in 2 hours isn't as exciting as other things could be. Something along the lines of this, but with creepy ice and water related "hallucinations" too.

Also, we shouldn't kill anybody (directly, driving them to suicide's fine) unless it would really confuse the authorities or family/friends (who(?m?) we torment later). Like by cutting off their head, strangling, and/or mutilating their body in a completely locked and sealed room, by sneaking in and out via pipes or under doors.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 01:43:22 pm »

Not really, because it's such a cheap obvius tactic. It's just the kind of thing you would halucinate, and there's enoguth data around tha people might be able make reconstructions etc.
Even if it is kinda creepy, what is the thing going to DO? Bleed ichor on me?
Who cares if it's obvious, it ISN'T a hallucination. It's a real supernatural being that's out to get you. Even if you could disbelieve it(and that would be rather difficult, seeing as hallucinations are made by your own mind. It's not gonna disbelieve it's own creations easy. Case in point: Dreams) it's an actual monster and can simply do something actually painful to you until you DO believe what you're seeing.

Also, never doubt the powers of the supernatural to hurt you.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 07:41:16 pm »

Bahahaha, a nice long one would be nice. As for non scaring part, MEH, i'll just chuck this together...

Hey, welcome back Fresh Meat. You did an OK job out their but you really should of extended it a bit and made that guys death more interesting. Anyway, heres a book on some fancy pancy ability you water spirits can use...

Ability to actively make "fake water" enter areas in small to medium amounts

And honestly, you have the scare appearance of dish water. Chuck these on.

Ghost like robes rewarded.

Alright, you will have your next target soon enough. This time i'll see if I can find a more challenging one for you...

OOC: Alright guys, what sort of target do you want? I'm open to anything semi-hard.

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2010, 07:47:23 pm »

Perhaps a Vietnam veteran  one with a  small guilt feeling about slaughtering village after village?

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2010, 07:52:08 pm »

A very paranoid man who recently did something that might have angered a nearby organized crime group (explaining his paranoia), who sleeps with a gun, the lights on, security system on, caltrops and booby-traps scattered, in the closet (with a mannequin in the bed), with his recently purchased guard dogs. He's actually quite mentally stable, aside from his intense paranoia. However, he didn't actually anger the mafia, just thought he did. (Maybe his neighbor sent him a fake warning note of some kind, to spook him) He's clever and adaptable enough to not go mad when his world-view is shifted slightly. He tries to take it in stride and defend himself in the best way possible, using whatever information he has. Not panicky, just paranoid.

He might be a little too hard, though.

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 08:06:10 pm »

damn you've thought that one out c quite carfully haven't you
Pages: 1 2 [3]