Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Dwarf] cancels Fill Pond: Inappropriate building.  (Read 1362 times)

JoeQuabla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Dwarf] cancels Fill Pond: Inappropriate building.
« on: August 04, 2010, 04:20:16 pm »

I'm only trying to set up a farmplot on underground stone. I've got a somewhat short path right to a brook, but they seem to leave the buckets near the water after I get the message.

nordo

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think so, Urist.
    • View Profile
Re: [Dwarf] cancels Fill Pond: Inappropriate building.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 04:21:37 pm »

Is the pond zone set right on the farm plot, or is your pond zone one square or more above the farm plot?
Prepared monarch butterfly brain.

JoeQuabla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 04:27:21 pm »

There is no farm plot.
Only the zone.

nordo

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think so, Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 04:57:20 pm »

Uh, well I'll be more precise.  Channel a hole in the ceiling above your future farm plot and set the hole to be the pond.  Dwarfs will throw the water down the hole and onto the soil.
Prepared monarch butterfly brain.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 05:12:06 pm »

As it currently stands, you have to create your activity zone that is marked as a pond one z-level above where you want the water dumped. The dwarves will then dump water into the pond area--- and the water will then fall down and muddy the floor on the z-level below.

It's all covered with illustrations on the Dwarf Fortress Wiki at this page: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Irrigation
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!