Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Things You've Never Been Able To Explain  (Read 19305 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things You've Never Been Able To Explain
« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2010, 08:29:32 pm »

I murdered my mustache because I am a bastard.

You bastard.

Yeah, like some sort of mustache-murdering man-bastard.
Fixed, Fixed, and Fixed. Murderer.  =P
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2010, 08:30:42 pm »

Deep down, I wish that was the actual discourse.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2010, 08:32:51 pm »

With mustache: Indian badass, ready to kick yours up and down the indian ocean. With the powers of the 'stache, you not only surf the ganges, but bollywood makes entire T.V shows about your life.

India jokes aside, that is seriously one of the more awesome peices of facial hair I've seen.

Without mustache: You look a little like a stoner. DoN't ShAvE, mAn.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2010, 08:35:03 pm »

I don't know if you'd want to surf the Ganges, you'd probably get a staph infection.
Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2010, 10:34:56 pm »

there are no waves in the ganges.

great sand though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2010, 10:36:18 pm »

Sandboarding maaannnnnnn
Shoes...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2010, 10:56:02 pm »

A badass sport of men. Men with mustaches.

NO SANDBOARD FOR YOU, JAPA!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2010, 01:14:02 am »

Without mustache: You look a little like a stoner. DoN't ShAvE, mAn.

Hey don't be hatin' on the stoners!
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2010, 04:07:48 am »

Sandboarding maaannnnnnn
Corpseboarding maaaan

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 13, 2010, 04:51:39 am »

I have some sort of sense of frequency sometimes, like one day out of two weeks. I was riding in a car and we passed a radio station and I almost vomited.

Also, two months ago I was at a friend's house with a group of people. We were watching tv and I heard a very loud and clear scream of absolute blood curdling horror outside. Suddenly conversation stopped, and everyone looked uneasy. I asked if anyone heard it and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about.

I think it was a delusion of mine. I didn't know the neighborhood and I was nervous, having heard bad things. I also didn't get any sleep before. My best conclusion now was that it was a ringing in my ear combined with something on the tv, and the uneasiness was me convincing myself that I was about to be murdered. Still creepy and a fun story to tell.

Also soon after that I was at my own place and I almost shat my pants because I heard a cat fight outside.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2010, 03:08:38 am »

Well, if you mean that you got sick from passing a radio station, that makes as much sense as if you said you got sick when passing a nuclear power plant. Those things just pump out high power radiation; it's legally supposed to be safe, but hey, it's "inconclusive".
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2010, 03:18:42 am »

Wow, I never knew that.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2010, 10:04:00 am »

Colors, really i don't know why but i associate colors with smells, the most common one is green, i have said so many times that something smells green that my friends are thinking that i am more crazy than usual.

Most of the time sounds will have colors for me... Or at least, I can describe a sound using colors, and it stays pretty consistent with types of sounds and stuff...

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2010, 03:32:21 pm »

Colors, really i don't know why but i associate colors with smells, the most common one is green, i have said so many times that something smells green that my friends are thinking that i am more crazy than usual.

Most of the time sounds will have colors for me... Or at least, I can describe a sound using colors, and it stays pretty consistent with types of sounds and stuff...

This has probably already been explained, but that's synesthesia, and I have it too! We can be synesthesia buddies! I wasn't born with it, however, I 'gained' it as a side effect of my anti-depressants.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I swallowed a pill and gained superpowers.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2010, 05:44:37 pm »

Hell yea, I usually end up turning the tv off.

Then people tell me the tv was off and I'm like 'no, no it wasn't'.
they don't understand !
This. The phosphor in the crt is also not as black as when it's really off, that's also a tell-tale. The sound is so high though that it's hardly audible, and by now I probably can't hear it anymore.

Also, the fast shadows in the corners of my eyes. Like I'm being followed by something that's just out of my range of sight.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17