Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Things You've Never Been Able To Explain  (Read 19340 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Things You've Never Been Able To Explain
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 08:45:48 pm »

Bro, there are always skeptical holdouts.

Anyway, I get dizzy whenever I enter a place that's supposedly holy (i.e. a forest grove or an ancient, small chapel). I appear to be the devil.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 08:46:52 pm »

What if you don't know it's supposedly holy at the time of entering it?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 08:50:33 pm »

Maybe that is how he knows it's holy.  He's a righteous human drowsing rod.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2010, 08:51:50 pm »

I'm just boggled by the fact that it includes places that would be holy to pagans, too. Shit, I'd probably pass out if I ever went to stonehenge.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 08:59:52 pm »

I'd be a jerk and carve my name into one of the boulders :P

There is indeed one thing I was never able to understand or even explain though. I live in a pretty flat plains area with a few trees here and there. We have storms once in a while with pretty strong winds, but thats it, nothing special.

One day it was beyond 1 am, and I heard a sound very similiar to the sound the wind makes when it howls. Howling wind isn't anything special, but this howl was stupidly loud. It was DEAFENING LOUD after some seconds, then it started to dissipate. Storm raged on for hours after without any weird sounds.

Never heard something like that again in my life. I'm not even joking. It wasn't scary, but it was creepy as hell, it woke everyone in my house and possibly the block aswell.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2010, 09:02:33 pm »

Clearly, invisible werewolves.

What if you don't know it's supposedly holy at the time of entering it?

Apparently, it also works if the place is really old, thus sanctifying it to someone, I guess.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 09:07:56 pm »

I keep getting really bad deja-vu when talking to my friends. Its really disorientating and I lose my train of thought.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2010, 09:19:51 pm »

Whenever I'm sick, food starts tasting like different metals. Primarily tin, iron, and copper tastes.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2010, 09:22:05 pm »

I can smell snot.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2010, 10:57:15 pm »

I'm just boggled by the fact that it includes places that would be holy to pagans, too. Shit, I'd probably pass out if I ever went to stonehenge.
Have you considered it may merely be cave adaptation combined with going outside?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2010, 11:00:35 pm »

Whenever I'm sick, food starts tasting like different metals. Primarily tin, iron, and copper tastes.
You do make sure you're not getting any nosebleeds and such, right?

Usually, when I start smelling or tasting such things, that's the first thing I check. Is it blood, and is it mine? (let's say this happens while eating steak)

Sometimes the case is either a bloody nose, or bleeding gums, or a really juicy/rare meal.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:02:17 pm by Itnetlolor »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2010, 11:10:54 pm »

Have you considered it may merely be cave adaptation combined with going outside?

Man, I spend most of my time glaring down the fiery orb. He has no power over me.

also I'm mostly blind now.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2010, 11:31:45 pm »

One night, quite late and a year ago, I turned off my room's light, and the few electronics here. I then sat on my bed planning to think about things, assuming that I would fall asleep eventually. Both things happened, but before that, my gaze had drifted to the area above my computer chair and second desk. My eyes adjusted in a few moments to the starlight, but although I saw the walls and assorted unclear details of my room, the place I stared had nothing at all. It was like one of those splotches you get when you look at a really bright light or rub your eyes too hard, except instead of moving with my eyes, it was stationary.
 At this moment my first two thoughts, side by side, were that I was seeing MAGIC or there was something wrong with my mind and/or perception somewhere. Or both. Because of this interesting thing, I felt invigorated (my fear). A few more moments of staring provided dreamish images on the ~empty space, but of the roiling wormy kind. I imagined things at it, and of course it changed. I turned on the light, and of course it vanished.
 I made note of it to my sister, but didn't ask her into circumstances to see it if possible.

That's about as unexplained as it gets for me.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2010, 11:39:43 pm »

Make Kingdom Hearts 1 case went missing for no reason, where is it man.
This happened to me with Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories... sadness.
Also, FINAL FANTASY VII
I have all the discs but the first one. It is GONE. Even when we moved/cleared out everything, I looked EVERYWHERE. It is gone.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2010, 11:42:02 pm »

I don't think that's very unexplainable. I'm no optimologist, but I think you saw your blind spot when your eyes were readjusting. If I understand eye structure correctly, it's a hole through which blood vessels of the eye go, but is phased out by your brain between being seen and fed to your mind. That's right, your brain censors images. Everyone has a group of mini-authoritarian madsynapses sitting behind their eyes.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:52:30 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17