Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Things You've Never Been Able To Explain  (Read 19320 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things You've Never Been Able To Explain
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2010, 11:48:04 pm »

If I stare into space in the dark, I see red and blue triangles. (tiny ones). Then they all form together, and I see a picture of some random girl.

Or they form into a bunch of yellow worms. Much the same as Nivm. Oh Nivm sees the rolly wormy images. We are the same! :)

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 11:52:06 pm »

Are we really just brains in a vat? Jk

I wonder why I have a tendency to wake up just before my alarm goes off on a regular basis, especially when it's set for irregular times. I've also never been able to explain how on games like BF2 and CoD there are rounds where I have a .33 kdr, and then there are times when I get 35-0 and 57-3 games. I can only think of different levels of alertness, but that alone wouldn't explain the radical jumps in kdr.

I do that all the time with my vibrating alarm clock (I'm hard of hearing and am basically deaf without my hearingaids), in fact, I tend to get up a couple of minutes before its suppoused to go off. Also, kdr? What are you talking about?

One night, quite late and a year ago, I turned off my room's light, and the few electronics here. I then sat on my bed planning to think about things, assuming that I would fall asleep eventually. Both things happened, but before that, my gaze had drifted to the area above my computer chair and second desk. My eyes adjusted in a few moments to the starlight, but although I saw the walls and assorted unclear details of my room, the place I stared had nothing at all. It was like one of those splotches you get when you look at a really bright light or rub your eyes too hard, except instead of moving with my eyes, it was stationary.
 At this moment my first two thoughts, side by side, were that I was seeing MAGIC or there was something wrong with my mind and/or perception somewhere. Or both. Because of this interesting thing, I felt invigorated (my fear). A few more moments of staring provided dreamish images on the ~empty space, but of the roiling wormy kind. I imagined things at it, and of course it changed. I turned on the light, and of course it vanished.
 I made note of it to my sister, but didn't ask her into circumstances to see it if possible.

That's about as unexplained as it gets for me.

Probably your eyes playing tricks on you, even the starlight won't illuminate everything in your room.

If I stare into space in the dark, I see red and blue triangles. (tiny ones). Then they all form together, and I see a picture of some random girl.

Or they form into a bunch of yellow worms. Much the same as Nivm. Oh Nivm sees the rolly wormy images. We are the same! :)

Again, eyes playing tricks on you.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 12:13:58 am »

Every now and then I see coloured light in my eyes,chances are it is my eyes getting used to the light.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2010, 12:19:28 am »

Note:
, except instead of moving with my eyes, it was stationary.
Which means it's not my eyes, and not the synapses for my eyes. It would have to be another part of my mind, which I want to find, or something physical, which I want to be explained. Those three explanations above are about as good as "it's just random normal magic".
 My eyes were adjusted to the point that I was just a glow-in-the-dark, plastic star away from reading, like normal. I was looking at a blank area of wall that should have been white like the other walls. I'll accept "trick of the eyes" when I haven't eaten, drunk, or slept in too long, but for this I want to know which trick if you still think it has to do with my eyes.

Edit: Important spelling.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:22:24 am by Nivm »
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2010, 12:46:20 am »

I say "um" "er" "uh" before nearly every sentence I say.  I also stop halfway through sentences because I forget what to say next.  I also forget easy to remember words like car, sky, table.  If I sit in one place for over an hour listening to someone lecture, even someone interesting, even if I have a full nights sleep in me, I'll nod off unless I stand up.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2010, 01:09:44 am »

Two or three times now since I re-located my computer to my room, it has come on suddenly in the night. 

When I go to bed, it put my computer in Sleep Mode where it waits in a low-power state for any key press.  I made it so the mouse couldn't wake it up because when I go to turn off my mouse, that would wake up the computer.  I also turn off my monitor to save power.  The thing is, it just suddenly starts cranking back up, with no input from myself.  Of course this wakes me up because my computer is so damn loud when it starts up because my hard-drive spins up and it seems very cranky while doing so.

So I'll get out of bed, check and see if anyone touched my PC, and put it right back to sleep.  It's mostly weird and annoying because it interrupts my sleep and I don't know why it's happening, and I always want to know what is happening with my computer.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2010, 01:46:38 am »

Sorry man, didn't mean to do that.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 05:26:20 am »

One thing comes to mind for me in immediate history: I heard someone talking over my computer's speakers. Sounded like one side of a phone call, but I have no idea how it would have been picked up by the computer. Very quiet. Couldn't make out a word they were saying, even at maximum volume. Had to be the speakers, because my mute button could block it.

I've had this too. They're picking up radio waves or other waves moving through the air.

My body does weird things sometimes, like once in a while some little muscle in my leg will start twitching for about 10 minutes, or else my eyelid will, more rarely.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 05:32:23 am »

One thing comes to mind for me in immediate history: I heard someone talking over my computer's speakers. Sounded like one side of a phone call, but I have no idea how it would have been picked up by the computer. Very quiet. Couldn't make out a word they were saying, even at maximum volume. Had to be the speakers, because my mute button could block it.

This happened to me when somebody was calling somebody (using my phone) I could hear them through my speakers.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:46:48 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2010, 06:59:16 am »

Once, I saw a glass just shatter into tiny pieces right before my eyes. There was nothing touching the glass or in it except the tabletop it was resting on. I collected most of the shards and managed to piece most of the glass back together, and it's really weird - the cracks do not seem to have a specific impact point, rather, the cracks are mostly uniform across the glass surface. Has anyone else had this experience?

United Forenia Forever!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2010, 07:06:51 am »

the same thing happened to me, but after touching the glass. it just exploded.

The explanation I was given was thermal stress or something like it ( just come out of dishwasher).

but reading your comment on piecing most of the glas together, I see that it was probably a different thing, my glass exploded in tiny pieces.

edit: also, my TV used to switch on randomly on its own. That, however, was a problem shared by several people with the same model of TV

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2010, 07:07:38 am »

You sure someone wasn't singing an aria in the general vicinity?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2010, 07:11:27 am »

The only thing I can think of is a high frequency noise caused the glass to shatter. You wouldn't be able to hear it, being high frequency, but it could cause the glass to break. Violently so, and without an impact point. Where this noise would come from is anyone's guess.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2010, 07:21:08 am »

This thread came up in my replies to your posts inbox. I can't explain.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2010, 07:23:01 am »

Yeah, that happened to me once before, with the fanart thread in the upper boards.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17