Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Things You've Never Been Able To Explain  (Read 19283 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Things You've Never Been Able To Explain
« Reply #225 on: September 02, 2010, 09:34:54 am »

Holy shit...That nightmare sounds terrible.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 02, 2010, 12:41:05 pm »

It sounds like a psycho-analysts wet dream. Be sure never to tell your psych.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 02, 2010, 01:17:29 pm »

I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare. Things that scare me are always paranormal but then the dream usually ends up with me being part of some Ghostbusters esque squad and beating the ghosts/demons/imps/balloon animals. Yes, Balloon Animals. When I was younger, around six, I began having dreams about a psycotic, murderous balloon animal that was shaped like a girraffe and glew in the dark and it lived in my basement. These dreams would pop up every so often for the next two years, beginning where the last one left off. The balloon would also make appearences in my other dreams as a last ditch attempt for the "bad guys". He was super powerful. The last dream I had with him, I found his weakness. I think it had something to do with fire but I remember we became friends in some weird, balloon/human way. I was an imaginative child.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 02, 2010, 02:01:06 pm »

I only get nightmares when I'm awake. I have a strange, dreamless sleep otherwise.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 02, 2010, 02:04:51 pm »

Once when I was younger I had a nightmare where I was sitting in my room with my computer running and the Mystify screensaver on. Suddenly, the lines in the screensaver started emerging from the screen as a kind of crystalline growth, accompanied be the horrible electronic screaming sound that my first monitor made when it died. It made it several feet across the room towards me before I fled the room and woke myself up.

Never really trusted that screensaver since.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 02, 2010, 02:10:57 pm »

When I push the power button on my they a little bump sound, ok, fine that's normal. Now, when I pull the string on my ceiling fan twice, the speakers make the exact same bump noise.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2010, 02:29:30 pm »

Almost all of my nightmares over the past few weeks have been about The Slender Man. Marbel Hornets was a very good web original, but I'm starting to wonder if the effect it had on my subconcious is worth it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2010, 09:36:34 pm »

Have you ever watched a video with a Screamer at the end? Or played one of those innocently simple games and had that 'AGHHHHHHH' sound when you failed, accompanied by picture of mutilated little girl-face smiling at you and filling your monitor?

That's the worst nightmare I've ever had. It started off pleasant, in a comfortable place, and all of a sudden- 'AGHHHHHHH', a huge dessicated female head appears in front of me- no, it's literally implanted on my retina, I cannot see past it, or above it, or below it. It fills my entire field of vision.

And then I wake up in cold sweats.

What I can't explain: How did a now-disused internet meme end up in my dreams? And when can I expect it to be replaced by lolcats? (Not clock spider, please, I'm arachnophobic)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2010, 09:37:38 pm »

You know, the more I read this thread, the happier I get about being a lucid dreamer.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #234 on: September 02, 2010, 11:32:59 pm »

You know, the more I read this thread, the happier I get about being a lucid dreamer.
I really want to learn to do this, but I can rarely remember any of my dreams, much less control them. I did once do it around 2-4 weeks ago though. It only lasted around 30 seconds though.

Nothing really creepy happens to me. I find it odd, because it seems like everyone I know has had some kind of creepy thing happen to them. With me? Nothing at all. I can rarely even remember my dreams, which really sucks.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 03, 2010, 04:42:12 am »

I usually dream elaborate stories of epic proportions. I play too many games.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2010, 05:12:05 am »

I once had a nightmare that I couldn't breathe or move so I was just laying their waiting for death, I wake up due to the nightmare and go back to sleep.I have the same nightmare and it happens about 5 more times IN the same night.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2010, 07:52:04 am »

I really want to learn to do this, but I can rarely remember any of my dreams, much less control them. I did once do it around 2-4 weeks ago though. It only lasted around 30 seconds though.

Nothing really creepy happens to me. I find it odd, because it seems like everyone I know has had some kind of creepy thing happen to them. With me? Nothing at all. I can rarely even remember my dreams, which really sucks.

Keep a notebook and pencil next to your bed. As soon as you wake up, write down everything that you remember. You'll find that after a couple weeks, you'll be recalling more details.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 03, 2010, 08:20:51 am »

I gain lucidity every so often in dreams, usually the act of being aware in my dreams freaks me out and I wake myself up...

However, as time goes on I'm finding it harder and harder to wake myself up when this happens, a couple times its felt like hours of me fighting my brain in an effort to wake up, I'll be literally be trying to force my eyes open or force my limbs to move so I can knock myself conscious till I finally wake up. 
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 03, 2010, 08:27:27 am »

I gain lucidity every so often in dreams, usually the act of being aware in my dreams freaks me out and I wake myself up...

However, as time goes on I'm finding it harder and harder to wake myself up when this happens, a couple times its felt like hours of me fighting my brain in an effort to wake up, I'll be literally be trying to force my eyes open or force my limbs to move so I can knock myself conscious till I finally wake up.
Same here, I usually try to force my eyelids open.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17