Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: An awesome qutoe I thought I'd share.  (Read 9577 times)

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An awesome qutoe I thought I'd share.
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 06:46:25 am »

Knowledge is knowledge, and some of us serve as a nexus for all manner of knowledge. Though knowledge is sometimes painful, I'd just about always rather know something than not know it. My personal experience with Meth Labs was when the people living across the street from us (when I was a lad) were caught brewing meth in their house, and had also bypassed their natural gas meter and electrical meter so they could steal utilities. The police skeletonized the entire property, everything went away as evidence, including some curtains and other mundane items. It's very fortunate that their half-assed work bypassing the electrical and gas boxes didn't turn the entire thing into a smoking crater--the processes involved in meth production can be highly explosive.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 12:49:56 pm »

I watch History Channel.  They have a mini-series called "Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way".

... plus I just like learning about things.

There's also the TV show Breaking Bad.

Awesome Dwarf Fortress quotes are why Bay12 forum is the only forum where reading people's signatures is worth your time.
I quite like mine.
Hard to be God. Especially when you have no idea what "Volcanism Weighted Range 0-20" means.

It means that when painting regions of low volcanic activity (in this case 0-20 on the scale of 0-100) that you take N parts per Y parts.

N being the weighting of that entry, Y being the sum total weighting of all volcanism weighted ranges.

It's really not that hard to understand.

If you put 1,1,1,1,1 in as your "weights" then you'll get the same area of 0-20 volcanism as you will any other range (20-40, 40-60, 60-80, and 80-100).  If you put in 2,1,1,1,1 you'll get twice as much 0-20 as any other single range.

You also have to realize that 1,1,1,1,1 and 2,2,2,2,2 and 99,99,99,99,99 are all the same.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 01:21:10 pm »

Yes, but I've never personally watched Breaking Bad.  I got my personal information from History Channel, and my personal knowledge base was the question.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 02:18:33 pm »

Yes, but I've never personally watched Breaking Bad.  I got my personal information from History Channel, and my personal knowledge base was the question.

Fair enough, I was just pointing out that the series exists and has a lot of information about meth.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 07:46:28 am »

I like to think that my fortress DOES have some kind of recreational drug going around. Some time ago an FB came and kicked up a powder that caught my military. All involved became dizzy, which was the majority of my military and a ton of war animals.

Now it has spread across my fortress. It has no other effect, it just makes people dizzy... and it never goes away. Ever.
It's slowly spreading across the population of my entire fort. Must be really addictive stuff. I often wonder if they're more than just "Dizzy".

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 10:13:09 am »

Of course, Magic Mushrooms are poisonous alongside being psychotropic, while LSD is just very, very powerful, and essentially rewires your brain (so that you "see scents"

Or you might just be a synesthete.  Some people can do that without dangerous chemicals.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2010, 11:40:55 pm »

I'm one of them, always have been.  I can smell in 'colors'.  The colors typically sync up with the more common things you'd think of like grass, but when it comes to scenting people, animals, and foods, the smell-color becomes more interesting to describe.  It also helps that I have an incredibly powerful sense of smell on top of that.  Perhaps overcompensation for whack eyes and fubar'd hearing (deaf in one ear).

For example, I smell like coffee (brown) and a faint burnt tire (Murky dark grey with light grey spots) and skunk (deep orangey-brown) mixture when I sweat.  A friend of mine smells kind of like how ginger ale tastes (greenish-brown) and burning paper (light brown).

It's natural for me but others get a kick out of it.  =)

Of course, Magic Mushrooms are poisonous alongside being psychotropic, while LSD is just very, very powerful, and essentially rewires your brain (so that you "see scents"

Or you might just be a synesthete.  Some people can do that without dangerous chemicals.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 12:38:17 am »

I'm afraid my sight is only sight. :( What is it like? Do you just see colors overlaying the world based on what you smell, or are people colored differently, based on what they smell like? Also, what color is chloroform? :o
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 01:11:42 am »

The concepts/sensory input in your mind are connected differently. It's rarely something that corresponds to what you could get on a screen with editing.
 I suggest you experiment with your imagination until you can rework your senses, although I've had people tell me "that's just not possible for me".
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 05:10:01 am »

while LSD is just very, very powerful, and essentially rewires your brain (so that you "see scents" because your brain's nasal nerves become linked to the optics portion of your mind) to the point where you can cause permanent brain damage, but they aren't addictive, as other drugs like cocaine or meth or anything made from opium are.
Bullshit. LSD causes no permament brain damage unless you overdose like mad.
LSD is completely not toxic, does not causes addition. Yes it rewires indeed. The latent effects can linger for a week or two, but nothing else
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 05:12:20 am »

while LSD is just very, very powerful, and essentially rewires your brain (so that you "see scents" because your brain's nasal nerves become linked to the optics portion of your mind) to the point where you can cause permanent brain damage, but they aren't addictive, as other drugs like cocaine or meth or anything made from opium are.
Bullshit. LSD causes no permament brain damage unless you overdose like mad.
LSD is completely not toxic, does not causes addition. Yes it rewires indeed. The latent effects can linger for a week or two, but nothing else

Everything causes addiction. Sugar causes addiction.

BUT!

LSD does not, in fact, have a physical dependency effect, so you're partially right there. There are psychological dependency effects, just as there are with pretty much anything.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 05:14:32 am »

Which isnt an addition per se, it's just general bullshit of people. Im addicted to air, for example.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 05:15:27 am »

No fucking way. You too?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 05:34:12 am »

Which isnt an addition per se, it's just general bullshit of people. Im addicted to air, for example.
*facepalm*

No, nothing else, just

*facepalm*
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 09:43:20 am »

I'm pretty sure that's a physical addiction (try to stop sometime).

How about the internet?  You addicted to that?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6