Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: An awesome qutoe I thought I'd share.  (Read 9569 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: An awesome qutoe I thought I'd share.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 01:54:47 pm »

Ah. Well if you were talking about cocaine then... fix'd.

Unless dwarves discover it growing underground and use a Farmer's Workshop to Process Plants (to tube).
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 01:57:29 pm »

And the reason he thought you were a med student was because how much you knew about the subject.
Indeed. I've yet to see anyone that knows much about drugs that isn't a doctor or student.

Or you know; A drug boss.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 05:54:05 am »

And the reason he thought you were a med student was because how much you knew about the subject.
Indeed. I've yet to see anyone that knows much about drugs that isn't a doctor or student.

Or a user. Some of them are educated to the point of ridiculousness about drugs and about laws regarding when/how/if the cops can search you for various drugs. Even funnier when they know dick about anything else that matters, unless you count machine elves and chakras as things that matter.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 06:01:15 am »

I was actually referring to an underground analogue of the coca plant, which was used by the South Americans for a very long time and was once in Coca-Cola.

"Was once"?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 09:20:43 am »

I just know someone is going to make a drugs mod once the syndromes become more versatile. Ill bet it would have cave poppies and some rainbow colored shrooms :P

Might even be me who makes that, sounds Fun.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 09:41:53 am »

I was actually referring to an underground analogue of the coca plant, which was used by the South Americans for a very long time and was once in Coca-Cola.

"Was once"?
That sentence is grammatically correct and there is no coca in modern coca-cola. what's wrong?
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 10:12:30 am »

I believe Coca-Cola still uses extract from the leaves for flavor, but they take all the cocaine out first.
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 10:16:58 am »

They switched to caffeine when cocaine was made illegal.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 10:26:16 am »

I just know someone is going to make a drugs mod once the syndromes become more versatile. Ill bet it would have cave poppies and some rainbow colored shrooms :P

Might even be me who makes that, sounds Fun.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought of drugging the dorfs after reading this thread.  :P

I wonder how it could work... maybe contaminate a water supply with something...
Hey, does anyone know if there's anywhere in the raws where one can edit what things a dwarf can have a preference for? I'm thinking, make it so a venom (or something like that) causes a happy thought for the dwarf, even if it harms the dwarf.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 11:13:06 am »

They switched to caffeine when cocaine was made illegal.

I guess they just stuck with the name "Coca Cola" instead of "Caffe Cola" then :D

Also, another important ingredient in Coca Cola is the cola nut from the kola tree... :P
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 01:15:04 pm »

Coca-cola allways had caffeine in it, due to the cola nut. I think they use artificial flavouring now though, so they would indeed also add caffeine.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 08:02:20 pm »

"Was once"?
That sentence is grammatically correct and there is no coca in modern coca-cola. what's wrong?

It's a "secret formula" for a reason, bro. (Not that they put cocaine in, as it were, but that the leaves are certainly there in some form or another.)
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 08:59:13 pm »

"Was once"?

It's a "secret formula" for a reason, bro. (Not that they put cocaine in, as it were, but that the leaves are certainly there in some form or another.)

According to wikipedia and a few other sources, Stepan company is authorized to import Coca leaves to extract cocaine and coca flavor.  The cocaine is given to a license pharmaceutical for medical purpose while the coca flavor is used to make coca cola.
One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

riffraffselbow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 04:22:14 am »

Awesome Dwarf Fortress quotes are why Bay12 forum is the only forum where reading people's signatures is worth your time.
I quite like mine.
"And God saw that the world was too moist, and that none of the Scorpion race could be placed upon it; and so he started over."

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 04:41:58 am »

Awesome Dwarf Fortress quotes are why Bay12 forum is the only forum where reading people's signatures is worth your time.
I quite like mine.
Hard to be God. Especially when you have no idea what "Volcanism Weighted Range 0-20" means.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6