Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possessed dwarf won't gather  (Read 2014 times)

CharlesPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • My Dark Twisted Pretzel Fantasy
    • View Profile
Possessed dwarf won't gather
« on: August 03, 2010, 06:41:58 pm »

I have a possessed armorer. He needs bones... yes... and metal... bars.... That's it. I have an up and running steel industry, so there is no problem, I have hundreds of metal bars laying around. And I have butchered several animals for him, so there is a stockpile of 30 odd horse, cow, bull and mule bones. I also killed a few dwarfs to see if he wanted their bones. Nothing is forbidden that I can tell. He can path to everything, it is literally all right in front of him. The bones and bars share a stockpile and the stockpile happens to be right beside the furnace he claimed. The "o" menu allows bones, and gathering from outside.

Any ideas? This one has me stumped.
UU,.~U~,.\b,.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Possessed dwarf won't gather
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 06:46:59 pm »

Has he collected any metal bars yet? If not, check his Thoughts and Preferences - it's quite likely (considering it's a Metalsmith mood) that he wants a very specific type of metal, and that said metal is his favorite metal.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Lormax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 06:47:21 pm »

I've found with Posessions (Not fey, etc) that the dwarf won't go to gather sometimes unless you've made the item while he was 'in the mood', so to speak.  Try that and see if he goes to get it?

CharlesPeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 06:58:51 pm »

Well... I feel stupid.
Has he collected any metal bars yet? If not, check his Thoughts and Preferences - it's quite likely (considering it's a Metalsmith mood) that he wants a very specific type of metal, and that said metal is his favorite metal.
Turns out this armorer has a steel fetish.

It also turns out that my steel industry had used up all my steel shortly before he got his mood. I checked the log and the "cancels Forge Steel mail shirt: needs 2 steel bars" message was the one right before my armorer's possession message. My steel industry ran out of steel. I feel sheepish.

He has begun his mysterious construction with steel bars and bull bones.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:04:37 pm by CharlesPeter »
UU,.~U~,.\b,.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 07:00:11 pm »

Well... I feel stupid.
Turns out this armorer has a steel fetish.

It also turns out that my steel industry had used up all my steel shortly before he got his mood. I checked the log and the "cancels Forge Steel mail shirt: needs 2 steel bars" message was the one right before my armorer's possession message. My steel industry ran out of steel. I feel sheepish.

He has begun his mysterious construction with steel bars and bull bones.
Now I want to know what he makes.

CharlesPeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 07:04:55 pm »

Sankestad, "The Fabulous Sun", a steel shield.
This is a steel shield. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of steel and cow (bull) bone.
Worth 134400.
UU,.~U~,.\b,.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 07:33:11 pm »

Pity it was a possession, you could have had a legendary armorsmith.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 07:51:32 pm »

At least you got an awesome shield.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.