Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oilfurnace// The Illustrated Saga Continues... Aussie Magazine Demands MORE FUN!  (Read 3061 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Today I bought my Monthly PCGaming magazine PCPowerplay Australia, and only flicked through it as I waited at the Counter, not paying attention to what was inside but knowing it was going to be a good read when I got home. After checking my Mail and Forums after arriving home I disappeared to my Reading Room and sat on my Throne and began to read through the articles. Thumbing over WoW Crap (not a player) I stumbled into the middle area and discovered an Illustrated image, I took the time to pause and read through it, after a few seconds I noticed the words Dwarf Fortress and low and behold I started reading it fully...

Oilfurnace was a Game Played by Tim Denee, the Creator of Bronzemurdered. Clearly someone in the Head Office of PCPowerplay discovered it (many a DFFanatics in that office apparently) and requested/demanded another. Tim Clearly was happy to oblige. It is a Four Page spread telling the story of the Fort and the FUN it held, played on 0.31.?? it shows a quick one panel view of 4 other attempts and how they failed. The Ususal, Zombies, Aquifer, Zombies again (this time Elephants, and the Fort called BoatMurdered 2) and again an Aquifer. Before continuing with the story of OilFurnace... Its a good read, once again written and draw in the same like of Bronzemurdered, and shows some of the FUN held within Dwarf Fortress. Sadly I can't post an image of it, NOR can Tim himself seeing as PCPowerplay requested it for their Magazine and has stated at forum.rpg.net that its a commission work and can't post a pic of it till the Mag finishes its Sales...

For the Thread for this go here...
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=520780

I haven't read through it proper while writing this so if it IS shown in that Thread then sorry, please post where...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:15:01 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile

Just looking at the preview pictures makes me do internal cartwheels of glee.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks incredibly awesome, I -loved- Bronzemurdered. It's been about a month since he said the magazine went on sale, do we know when he'll be able to post the full thing?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's been about a month since he said the magazine went on sale.
Its been on Sale for about a Week and a half........... Plus the Cover and stuff is released a little earlier on their website last I checked. So maybe even less. I just know I had the money to go buy it today, and normally the small town I live in gets it like 3 or so Days after the Cities get it or so...

Heck I even stated that I bought the magazine today and it was This Months. As in August...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks incredible. Shame about the lady dwarves not having beards though. Ugh, we have to wait a month before seeing it? This is the first time I've wished I was from Australia.
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Twobeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of the Beard
    • View Profile

This is the first time I've wished I was from Australia.

It will not be the last.
A leg of ham, a jug of beer and thou besides me, whistling in the darkness.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is the first time I've wished I was from Australia.

It will not be the last.
Join us..... We have cookies...!!!

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, is this by the same dude that made Bronzemurdered?
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

............... Thumbing over WoW Crap (not a player) I stumbled into the middle area and discovered an Illustrated image, I took the time to pause and read through it, after a few seconds I noticed the words Dwarf Fortress and low and behold I started reading it fully...

Oilfurnace was a Game Played by Tim Denee, the Creator of Bronzemurdered. Clearly someone in the Head Office of PCPowerplay discovered it (many a DFFanatics in that office apparently) and requested/demanded another....................

From my FIRST post...