Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Pathos  (Read 16428 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Pathos
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2010, 12:19:06 am »

I have plenty of social skills.
I'm just stuck in the middle of a fuckin' ocean.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2010, 12:20:53 am »

Heh, I was surprised, thats all. I pretty much lived at Evans Hall last year and it never occurred to me there might be people on campus I would actually like.

Still off-topic. I feel bad.

WHAT

I'm the crazy girl with the long brown hair who sat outside the math library eating bagels from 12:00-12:30 and talking to herself.  Um... I also carry a big paper parasol, wear black leather boots, and have enormous nerd glasses.  And last semester, I took math 136, 140, and H113.  Plus a terrible English course.

... I AM SHOCK.

Unless of course some of you have the fabled "social skills" I have heard tell of.

I talk to teapots, but other than that I'm mostly okay.  Sort of.  On a good day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2010, 12:25:08 am »

Oh u trollin'~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2010, 12:26:02 am »

Oh u trollin'~

... Sure thing, sister.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2010, 12:26:49 am »

Plus a terrible English course.
I would say there is no other kind, but I actually have enjoyed my english classes so far in college... which is really weird.

I talk to teapots, but other than that I'm mostly okay.  Sort of.  On a good day.
Same here, only instead of teapots I get odd looks from yelling at video games and repeating everything I say under my breath... I have no idea why I do that.

Oh u trollin'~
...huh?
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2010, 12:27:39 am »

Oh god. D:

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2010, 12:31:25 am »

Im pretty sure I can say I've never talked to a teapot. And sadly I can't claim to recall you, like, at all. Hrm. Though to be fair, I sort of shunted from class to class to bus to home, so its not THAT surprising, I guess. I sort of clam up when there are people around--probably why I'm the only person I've ever met who likes it inside Evans. Its sort of comforting, all dark and enclosed and whatnot.

Anyhow. That Pathos.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2010, 12:32:34 am »

Yeah. About him, seems like either a masterful troll or a dude with a masterful troll as a girlfriend.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2010, 12:47:15 am »

And sadly I can't claim to recall you, like, at all. Hrm. Though to be fair, I sort of shunted from class to class to bus to home, so its not THAT surprising, I guess. I sort of clam up when there are people around--probably why I'm the only person I've ever met who likes it inside Evans. Its sort of comforting, all dark and enclosed and whatnot.

Ooh, good.  Someone who doesn't know me :D  That's even better.  Most of the people who noticed me ... uh, they think I'm too weird to talk to.

Actually, I hear that what most people can't stand is the lines of rocking math majors on the ground floor, but I always feel so happy when I see the place.  It has the best blackboards, and the library has this wonderful comforting smell--and a card catalog, that's great too.  And all the professors you can run into, without the usual complement of noisy bastards running around making mischief.  Plus it's close to the Campanile, which I orient by and is the only way I can tell where I am at a given time :I  The scent of chalk, the elegant theorems, the really bad jokes and the Slavic accents... I've even grown to like the terrible math professor fashion sense.  I guess I've been fully inducted.

:x

Yeaaah, that Pathos...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2010, 02:49:11 am »

We should probably PM Toady for the definitive answer.

But I don't really care about him. Onwards with the get-together planning!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2010, 07:07:43 am »

I'll bring the booze.

On topic: Any idea how Pathos's account vanished? Toady doesn't do that when he bans people(I think. It's a pretty rare event to begin with) and I don't think there's an option to do so yourself.

Frankly, I think God burped and reality spasmed.

When Toady bans someone, he usually posts why. This is just odd.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2010, 07:08:51 am »

When Toady bans someone, he also doesn't delete their account. Tis all very weird.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2010, 11:35:02 am »

Dude what happened to all the posts of Pathos being the messiah and stuff? Or did I just dream that?
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2010, 11:36:30 am »

It's in the happy thread. Or the sad thread, I forget.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2010, 11:44:14 am »

Could've been a delete me request?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9