Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alright, that was predictable  (Read 1482 times)

SeveQ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Alright, that was predictable
« on: August 02, 2010, 06:20:06 am »

Erm... trying to kill a Hydra being right after starting a new adventure game is a really baaaaaad idea!

You attack The Hydra but He jumps away!
You stab The Hydra in the right fang, sixth head with your copper spear, but the attack glances away!
The Hydra charges at You!
The Hydra attacks You but You jump away!
The Hydra charges at You!
The Hydra bites You in the left lower leg, tearing apart the muscle!
An artery has been opened by the strike!
The Hydra collides with You!
You are knocked over and tumble backward!
The Hydra bites You in the left lower leg, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone!
An artery has been opened by the strike, many nerves have been severed, a ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
The Hydra latches on firmly!
The Hydra shakes You around by the left lower leg!
The left lower leg is ripped away and remains in The Hydra's grip!
You are no longer stunned.
The Hydra lets the your left lower leg drop away as He attacks.
The Hydra bites You in the right lower leg, tearing apart the muscle and bruising the bone!
A motor nerve has been severed, a ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
The Hydra latches on firmly!
You are unable to break the grip of The Hydra's tooth, sixth head on Your right lower leg!
The Hydra shakes You around by the right lower leg!
The right lower leg is ripped away and remains in The Hydra's grip!
The Hydra lets the your right lower leg drop away as He attacks.
You lose hold of the large copper dagger.
You lose hold of the copper spear.
The Hydra bites You in the head and the severed part sails off in an arc!
You have been struck down.

His name was something with "Steelbones"... but well... what's in a name when it comes to a battle between a Hydra and a shoe salesman.  :o

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
Re: Alright, that was predictable
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 07:14:50 am »

Start another adventure and attack the hydra when you die rinse and repeat. Eventually it will be so scared that it can barly move.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 09:19:58 am »

lol I love the selective dismemberment...if only it had got the arms before the head...oh well...suffer well you did...I have such a hard time finding things like hydras when I adventure...hell I cant even find quests because I can never find town mayors and the priests just want me to join the damn temple -.-

SeveQ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 09:44:34 am »

Yeah! After weeks of trying to zerg it down with thousands of barely grown up wannabe-heroes, one after the other, it will suffer from bore-out syndrome and finally commit suicide. Or it will suffocate under a huge heap of corpses.

No, I have decided to start a second attempt. This time with a guy wearing more than just a spear and a dagger. And he's been successful, finally. The Hydra hasn't had the slightest chance against Hal Sudemuslig and his two mighty companions! YEAH! There you fall, unholy beast! ARR!!! :D

The wolf beast following it was just some kind of "decoration" afterwards.

@dennislp3

Hehe!

For I don't know how large your world is... I have tried adventure mode several times in huge worlds and never saw more than some mountain goats or wolves. Sometimes a dwarf... but no bigger beasts that would have brought me honor and cash. Then I started with a new pocket size world and killed two beasts, the hydra and a huge wolf nearly simultaneously.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:23:58 am »

The same thing happened to me; a hydra ripped my lower legs off. Fortunately I was able to escape, and hunt down some crutches, and retire. Guy is a badass, walking with 2 crutches and no legs is pretty fucking hard.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 05:43:51 am »

I usually do it on medium worlds...and yes I kill loads of animals and when i feel like it a good amount of people too....but never anything special. So im going to try a pocket world right now and see what I get!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 05:48:28 am »

Hunt dragons. It's a good idea.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 04:31:16 pm »

Just start out with some good weapon skills and there shouldnt be a problem. Killed a hydra just after leaving the starting site with my axe-goblin.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 05:48:53 pm »

hydras are the easyist monster to kill as all there heads and necks add to major bleeding.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 07:10:00 pm »

Yeah, but they regenerate pretty fast. Dragons, on the other hand... don't.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 01:30:28 pm »

Yeah, but they regenerate pretty fast. Dragons, on the other hand... don't.

Yeah...I managed to kill a dragon as the first kill with my adventurer....I just got lucky and hacked a leg off in the first swing which made him fall...which in turns cuts all his combat rolls in half or something like that....helps a lot...