Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Systematically Choose Who Wins: Game Over  (Read 25745 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Systematically Choose Who Wins: Day 3
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2010, 04:36:26 pm »

Another thing about you people as soon as I shoot down part of your argument it is like you never said it, would it kill you to say "Oh I am sorry Criptfeind, I was wrong"? I mean really, you are completely ignoring how I invalidated your big long post and you have started to attack something else.

All you said were cryptic things about how you had an 80% chance to win, trust me, you know I'm good for it. Where did you get 80%? Where did you get 85.7%? I've seen no math here.

It is petty god damn simple, I take the number of slots open and divide it by the optimal number of cabal members. Even you should be able to divide 6 by 7 and 7 by 8. Did I not go over this before? On the first day? Huh, I looked back, I never outlined it. Well here you go.

Firstly, you need 9 players to assure a win, because you can't vote for yourself. For someone who says everyone else is forgetting stuff, you seem to be forgetting a bit yourself.

This is not true, although true with eight cabal members the most votes we can put on anyone is 7. The other 6 people can only put 5 votes on anyone person. Hell even if they voted for a cabal member the max would be six. Now tell me. Is 7 more then 6?

And why exactly do you think the winners will vote "correctly"? They've won, they might as well vote for whoever they feel like voting for, not who you pick randomly.

This is a flaw, I will admit, but it is even a bigger flaw for your "Take small deals one at a time" strategy. (If you want to call it that.)

Really we are on mutual trust. That and the the fact we have no reason to betray each other.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2010, 04:45:05 pm »

Another thing about you people as soon as I shoot down part of your argument it is like you never said it, would it kill you to say "Oh I am sorry Criptfeind, I was wrong"? I mean really, you are completely ignoring how I invalidated your big long post and you have started to attack something else.
Fine, I was wrong.

It is petty god damn simple, I take the number of slots open and divide it by the optimal number of cabal members. Even you should be able to divide 6 by 7 and 7 by 8. Did I not go over this before? On the first day? Huh, I looked back, I never outlined it. Well here you go.
Six divided by seven is 85.7%. That much is true. But it no longer holds true, if it ever did, because there are eight cabal members and only six winners.
Seven divided by eight, firstly, is 87%, a number which you never mentioned, and doesn't even make sense. There are only six winners, not seven.
Now where'd you get 80% from?

This is not true, although true with eight cabal members the most votes we can put on anyone is 7. The other 6 people can only put 5 votes on anyone person. Hell even if they voted for a cabal member the max would be six. Now tell me. Is 7 more then 6?
No, it's more than six. Regardless, in that point I was wrong.

This is a flaw, I will admit, but it is even a bigger flaw for your "Take small deals one at a time" strategy. (If you want to call it that.)

Really we are on mutual trust. That and the the fact we have no reason to betray each other.
You do. Imagine I win. Well, I could vote "correctly", or I could vote for whoever I want to win. In fact, you have no reason not to betray each other. I'm not saying that you will inevitably all betray each other. Maybe some people will betray and some won't. But it's deceptive and a lie to say that you will definitely not betray, that you have such and such percentage to win, that if you go with Criptfiend winning is basically a sure thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2010, 04:53:49 pm »

THIS IS A BID DEAL

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2010, 05:14:38 pm »

because there are eight cabal members and only six winners.

Turn one: 7 winners and eight cabal members. It did not work out.

And now the true numbers are 6 and 6. Six winners and Six cabal members who are in the drawing for winners. 6/6=100%
Seven divided by eight, firstly, is 87%, a number which you never mentioned, and doesn't even make sense. There are only six winners, not seven.

That was with me in it. And the game will have seven winners.

The 80% came from rounding if it came at all, I may have said that at some point.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2010, 05:20:20 pm »

Huh. You are not Non-Partisan at all. You want to take me down because I beat you at red vs blue. I did not think of you as so... petty.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2010, 05:24:53 pm »

Another thing about you, as soon as I shoot down a part of your argument it is like you never said it, would it kill you to say "Oh I am sorry Criptfeind, I was wrong"? I mean really, you are completely ignoring how I invalidated your "mutual trust" and you have started to attack something else.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2010, 05:40:03 pm »

That does not make any sense.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2010, 05:47:02 pm »

You told people that they had such and such chance of winning. This depends on the assumption that the winners will vote for who you want them to vote for. You have admitted that this is not necessarily true. I pointed it out. You then ignored me completely.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2010, 05:50:52 pm »

You realize that is not the same right? I said we are relying on trust when you brought that up. When I pointed out how you were wrong you completely ignored me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 06, 2010, 06:00:22 pm »

Okay chedd, you don’t have to start dragging up other games to try to find places I am wrong. You Are Wrong. Accept that and let’s move on. Stop Pming me.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 06, 2010, 06:00:53 pm »

You Are Wrong. Accept that and let’s move on.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 06, 2010, 06:02:53 pm »

Your argument is that it is unfair you lost two guys to my nine. I don't think you even know WHY we are fighting anymore?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 06, 2010, 06:04:39 pm »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 06, 2010, 06:06:17 pm »

Fine, I was wrong.
I thought you just said the ghostys told you not to fight?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2010, 06:07:13 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27