Author Topic: Stones  (Read 364 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Stones
« on: August 01, 2010, 11:49:38 pm »

Does anyone know a way to make all stones the same color?  I ask this because seeing a strip of blue running through the middle of my fortress and mix-matched doors and such annoy the hell out of me, honestly I've been giving up on fortresses simply cause my design plans run afoul when I strike microline or really anything not the same color as the most abundant stone on my map.  It's bad enough when there's a vein of gold running through were I wanted to place my farm, and it's not like I'm just going to ignore the vein, it's gold.  I just want to make something that looks cool without worrying about weird tunnels running through and messing up my symmetry.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Stones
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 12:07:37 am »

Constructed floors/walls.

You're out of luck if you want to engrave them, though.

Personally I like random colors and whatnot running through my bedrooms. Gives it a nice "carved" rather than "built" feel.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 12:14:31 am »

Yeah I love engraving too much to give it up, this should go into suggestions, but Toady should add a way to powder one stone to make a colored powder that can be used to change the color of a floor or wall, without destroying it.  Kinda like in Apocalypto were the Aztec's *or Mayans I don't remember* were grinding down chalk or whatever, so they could paint the there pyramids white.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 03:12:23 am »

I believe you can edit the color of the stones in the raw files if it bugs you that much.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.