Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125743 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The mercenaries - Notice Given
« Reply #1605 on: August 21, 2011, 08:17:56 pm »

I believe that the fight with the noble was worth twelve thousand experience points. If only I could recall how many experience points it takes to go from level eleven to level twelve...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 21, 2011, 09:08:27 pm »

I believe that the fight with the noble was worth twelve thousand experience points. If only I could recall how many experience points it takes to go from level eleven to level twelve...

55,000 for level 11; 66,000 for level 12 (or, 1000 * 11th level = 11,000)

And when you die and come back, you are set half way between your new level and the next level- 60,500 if you go from level 12 to 11.

So I know I am 5,500 from level 12, and I get whatever it is from that session plus 1,200 for the journal entry (unless Shonus decides he doesn't like the journal entry...)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 21, 2011, 10:30:06 pm »

Oh hey look at that.
Also, busy reading the entire thread. Just finished the part with the vampire mage guy that killed half the party in one or two spells. That was fun.
Psh, I almost killed him myself before he flew away.

What happened at that last session? I was gone for the week.

GASP. Was that at the last session?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 21, 2011, 10:53:29 pm »

Yes.

Also Naren is a de facto Count now (not official yet).  And we have dragonfriends.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 21, 2011, 11:00:54 pm »

Can I get some more juicy details? Also, perhaps a slice of that XP?  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 21, 2011, 11:54:53 pm »

oh, hey, that combat actaully was worth that much?

*checks chat log*

Wow, it was.

I guess I am back to level 12 again, would have been level 13 if I hadn't kicked it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: August 22, 2011, 02:26:29 am »

They were another epic-level mage, but they had a bunch of aristocrat levels, so we never met with anything worse than cone of cold...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 22, 2011, 06:36:54 am »

Basically, he was a Aristocrat 15/Wizard 10 with a homebrew magic item that allows the levels to stack for purposes of damage. Other than that, Reese's journal explains things very well.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: August 22, 2011, 08:56:54 pm »

Gurk levelled: 1d8+3 extra HP, +1 BAB, +1 all saves, +4 strength and constitution while shape-shifting, +1 use magic device. Gurk now has an 84 hit point shift while in bear rage...
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 22, 2011, 10:52:03 pm »

Other than that, Reese's journal explains things very well.
That it does, now that I've read it.

PS: Can Eafoth nab some of that 12k XP? Normally I wouldn't ask, but I'm already fairly far behind in actual character levels.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 23, 2011, 01:10:12 pm »

Sorry, but I can't give EXP for a session you did not attend.

Also not mentioned, the party has ~600000 gold pieces (only) to rebuild and support Naren's estate. Designing the new manor/castle/tower can and should be done here.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 23, 2011, 01:18:32 pm »

Given how much we have to work with, I am thinking we want to go with something that is non-magical and see what we have left after that.

IIRC, the staff from the old mansion will be staying on, and I would hope that the property will be self supporting in terms of food production and the ability to pay wages to present and future hired help.

Will the property become something of a sim game that's played through the thread here?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 23, 2011, 03:08:25 pm »

Dang.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 23, 2011, 08:04:55 pm »

Well, I imagine that less than 20 soldiers will be overpowered by the first band of looters who come along, 40 would probably be more appropriate for a noble house and even 100 or 1000 probably wouldn't be out-of-place...

I want it to be resistant to a dragon falling on it or breathing on it once in passing. Note that I do not expect it to be unharmed, just the central building should survive, so re-enforcing it against impacts from directly above and having an extra wall around the sides...

I assume that we are keeping the current staff, how many is that?

If we want use out of this we will want some facilities, a library and workshop would be handy, if we had an employee making alchemical items for us we could hopefully get a discount, magical item creation would be especially nice...

We can probably expand to fill the available territory at a later date, installing an additional outer wall and more buildings within that...

It would be good if the location was generating an income for itself, for future expansions and such...
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 24, 2011, 08:36:26 am »

The late Copperbottom family had an unusually large staff due to their habit of eating said staff. Many of the higher-up servants were killed in the battle, as were the House soldiers and the torturers, wizards, and clerics that worked there. Each of the four family members had six personal servants, with two dozen reserve servant in case the individual got a little creative in their play or decided to have a midnight snack. Add in twenty cooks (which the other servants dislike for obvious reasons) sixty maids, 20 laborers, and sixteen craftsmen. Much of the county's natural rescorses are in the form of mines that have been wrecked by the fighting, you'll have to spend money and quite possibly do some fighting to reopen them. Note that staff wakes are in drakes, unlike the construction costs. Copperbottome didn't exactly pay them, but you'll probably want to.

Staff breakdown:
Servants (10 CD): 120 
Cooks: (10 CD): 20     
Maids: (8 CD): 60         
Laborers (5 CD): 20     
Craftsmen (28 CD): 16 

=12 GD, 5 SD, 6 CD per month.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 160