Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125738 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The mercenaries - Notice Given
« Reply #1590 on: August 14, 2011, 09:13:26 pm »

:D

YAY! ORANGEBOTTLE IS BACK! *hugs*

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: August 14, 2011, 09:38:17 pm »

Would you let me? I honestly wouldn't mind using a new character.

No need to, I've been keeping yours warm for you.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: August 14, 2011, 11:02:00 pm »

Would you let me? I honestly wouldn't mind using a new character.

No need to, I've been keeping yours warm for you.

Oh hey look at that.
Also, busy reading the entire thread. Just finished the part with the vampire mage guy that killed half the party in one or two spells. That was fun.

EDIT:
After reading all of that I am only worried, angry, and confused. I need a proper summary or something, cause there's no way I'm getting any actually important plotstuffs from that.

And speaking of that sheet, can I have it back now? :3

YAY! ORANGEBOTTLE IS BACK! *hugs*

Oh hey luc-*hugged to death*
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:36:48 am by Orangebottle »
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: August 15, 2011, 02:36:00 am »

Hmmm, now when did you depart, was it at that bridge that had an accident?

We were sent here to open the gates and let the army in if our employer and this nation went to war. The nation has since fallen into anarchy due to the assassination of its monarch *innocent expression*. There are elves cross-bred with trolls, they are mostly soldiers. There are ruling families, mostly trying to kill each other to claim the throne. We killed and raised a god. We have a plot of land, the refugees, gypsies, carnies, bandits and peasants are constantly growing there, we need to invest in a weed-whacker... Currency conversions are a little confusing, people seems to be paying for things on a case-by-case basis. There was no evidence of level-loss. The city was further crippled by a massive dragon-flight-fight. Most everything not fortified is rubble, the local bar apparently has either no walls, or the walls are magically renewed by some persistent magic. We parted on good terms and promised to kill each other. Angokor, our employer, still takes half our earnings, but no longer appears in person, they may be a figure from ancient legend... There are various important and sacred weapons, we have one, only Gurk can use it without side-effects... The remaining dragons are mostly fighting each other.

Hmmm, that is about all I can think of off of the top of my head...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: August 15, 2011, 02:47:19 am »

Hmmm, now when did you depart, was it at that bridge that had an accident?

We were sent here to open the gates and let the army in if our employer and this nation went to war. The nation has since fallen into anarchy due to the assassination of its monarch *innocent expression*. There are elves cross-bred with trolls, they are mostly soldiers. There are ruling families, mostly trying to kill each other to claim the throne. We killed and raised a god. We have a plot of land, the refugees, gypsies, carnies, bandits and peasants are constantly growing there, we need to invest in a weed-whacker... Currency conversions are a little confusing, people seems to be paying for things on a case-by-case basis. There was no evidence of level-loss. The city was further crippled by a massive dragon-flight-fight. Most everything not fortified is rubble, the local bar apparently has either no walls, or the walls are magically renewed by some persistent magic. We parted on good terms and promised to kill each other. Angokor, our employer, still takes half our earnings, but no longer appears in person, they may be a figure from ancient legend... There are various important and sacred weapons, we have one, only Gurk can use it without side-effects... The remaining dragons are mostly fighting each other.

Hmmm, that is about all I can think of off of the top of my head...

Last thing I remember was getting my ass kicked with a fireball.
And for some reason, a chain devil or something.
Helps quite a bit, though it's not exactly complete. Thanks RAM.

Edit: What, I never said I was quitting, what the heck are you talking about?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:51:26 am by Orangebottle »
My Sig

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: August 18, 2011, 08:08:19 am »

I'm scheduling a session for tomorrow.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 18, 2011, 08:52:02 am »

I'm scheduling a session for tomorrow.

Dat sheet.
I needs it man.
My Sig

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 18, 2011, 05:06:12 pm »

Yay!

I'll be there.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: August 18, 2011, 07:42:19 pm »

count me in :)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 19, 2011, 07:53:36 pm »

The server be up.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: August 19, 2011, 08:41:23 pm »

I'm starting in ten minutes.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 19, 2011, 09:05:32 pm »

Not able to show up for two reasons:

1.Never received character sheet.
2.My program that turns my ipod into a wireless adapter is blocking me from https sites until I buy it. Which sucks. It also means I can't grab hamachi, or go on IRC with a desktop client.
My Sig

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: August 19, 2011, 09:40:20 pm »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: August 20, 2011, 03:06:14 am »

Session Loot list

Nine Lives Stealer, +4 Bracers of Armor, Cloak of the Bat, 2 CSW potions, a Amulet of Health, and a Noble's Ring

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 21, 2011, 04:40:20 pm »

Quote from: the journal of Derrek the Actuator

After an appropriate period of rest, we traveled to the noble we had been commissioned by Copperbottom to assassinate.  The security was very strong, and only Naren went in to see our lady Thornhelm, having been required to strip bare and wear only a plain cloth outfit provided by the guards.

I am not entirely sure what is going on, after a night of... something between the elf and Thornhelm, it appears she has given herself up to die.  We are transporting her body back to Copperbottom impaled on a pike- most disturbing.

What a disagreeable person This Copperbottom fellow is.  When we delivered the body of his late foe to Copeprbottom, he had us deliver her to the kitchen to be cooked fro dinner! I would have expected this from Naren, him being an elf, but from a human noble?  Copperbottom has the dragons chained up in his basement and otherwise damaged to prevent them from fleeing.  We are required to remain and share in the dubious feast that was being prepared before Copperbottom would relinquish the dragons to Naren. 

It was a ruse! I am greatly relieved by this turn of events, though things did not go entirely smoothly upon the execution of it.  The spear that the Lady Thornhelm had been spitted upon appears to have some powerful mystical properties, and uppon Copperbottom attempting to begin carver her body, her personal guard apparated to her side and began slaughtering the disreputable guests.  Copperbottom fled in the confusion, and my companions and I gave chase.  The chase would have been quickly ended had he not had an amulet absorbed my telekinesis spell, prevented me from simply lifting him from the ground and holding him for capture.  Saddly, this is where things go badly, for I happened to be caught by a powerful cone of cold copperbottom cast.  I would make more of it, but dying seems to be something adventurers regularly put up with.
My companions managed to end the fight without me, and bring me back.  I was somewhat taken aback, however, in how I came back.  It seems that the spell, rather than restoring my old body, created a new one, and I now am a halfling.  I might have been upset more by this turn of events, but it feels so good to be young again! I have not felt this spry and fit in ages.

BTW, how much XP did we get for last session? I don't expect it to be enough to gain back level 12, but every little bit helps.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:53:16 pm by Reese »
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 160