Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 126000 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Not on Hiatus
« Reply #1170 on: January 12, 2011, 09:54:42 pm »

I'm going to have to cancel this week anyway. You messed things up rather badly by resurrecting Cecile, so the next story arc is proceeding rather quicker than I had intended.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 12, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »

I can make this Friday, but I'll most likely be unavailable on the next Friday due to Bandfest. I may be able to show up for a little bit if our hotel has wireless internet, but don't hold me to it.

I'm going to have to cancel this week anyway. You messed things up rather badly by resurrecting Cecile, so the next story arc is proceeding rather quicker than I had intended.
For we are straightforward and retarded all at the same time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 12, 2011, 10:58:48 pm »

What did you expect to happen when you rezzed the evil girl who is a. Surrounded by over 100 evil chanting cultists 2. Being worshipped by the level 15 and 20 evil wizards c. Is in the center of a evil tower, in the center of the evil d(r)ead city of the evil gods

and is obviously a evil god herself.  Did I mention evil?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 12, 2011, 11:31:07 pm »

What did you expect to happen when you rezzed the evil girl who is a. Surrounded by over 100 evil chanting cultists 2. Being worshipped by the level 15 and 20 evil wizards c. Is in the center of a evil tower, in the center of the evil d(r)ead city of the evil gods

and is obviously a evil god herself.  Did I mention evil?
A: They were just standing there, not exuding evil from their pores.
B: We didn't know they were worshiping her.
C: She could have been kidnapped, and we didn't know the city is evil. I didn't, anyway.

It's only obvious that she's an evil goddess now. When Naren brutally murdered her she was just a little girl.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 13, 2011, 12:00:12 am »

She had been obviously evil, she had started to talk and say somthing evil I don't remember, and they had been acting like they were her servants- SHE WAS SITTING ON A THRONE! and that situation Is classicly evil, I am going to look for a trope for that, hopefully I can return from those depths.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 13, 2011, 12:33:45 am »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 13, 2011, 01:00:09 am »

D: no that's not what I mean, I mean the situation where a evil looking person is surrounded by a chanting cult and then sends the powerfull right hand man to distract the heroes while they acend by sacraficing their loyal cult to evil- all in a evil remote ruin, granted in this case it was a god regaining power but still, same princible

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 13, 2011, 01:33:37 am »

The city was dead, not Evil. I don't recall any intrinsic properties of the tower. The wizards referred to her as princess, but her death didn't really seem to be n issue to them. The cultists were performing the ritual, rituals work on all sorts of people of all manner of alignment.

She was raised on holy ground of a different deity in the presence of high-level characters that had already defeated her. The spell used was very draining on the subject and was, in fact, a mistake, the cleric probably got greedy and decided to force us to pay for the raise dead right off the bat instead of risking that we would only want a speak with dead. Either that or it was a miscommunication... The prevailing theory at the time was that she was possessed...

Given the available information the precautions should have been sufficient. Although the absence of a magic circle against Evil was an unfortunate oversight...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 13, 2011, 01:36:22 am »

the absence of a magic circle against Evil was an unfortunate oversight...
Yeah, I should have set up some of that after consecrating the ground and finding some mistletoe* with which to impale the emerging evil. Too bad I didn't know they were an evil goddess.

*If it can hurt Baldr, it can hurt Cecile! True story!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 13, 2011, 05:09:29 am »

The term 'god' was not, as far as I recall, used with respect to the girl prior to the raise dead. Some sort of possession demon may have been restrained by a magic circle against Evil, it likely wouldn't have worked on a goddess. But honestly, most of the party was dead or in an alternate plane at the time, I say they did a decent job while understaffed...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 13, 2011, 10:40:51 am »

Told you not to revive her, HA!
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 13, 2011, 10:56:47 am »

She had been obviously evil, she had started to talk and say somthing evil I don't remember, and they had been acting like they were her servants- SHE WAS SITTING ON A THRONE! and that situation Is classicly evil, I am going to look for a trope for that, hopefully I can return from those depths.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpikesOfVillainy    (evil-looking spikes)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SupervillainLair     (the bad guy's house)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OrcusOnHisThrone     (the trope for when the bad guy sits around at his house too much)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CreepyChild     (self-explanatory; given verbatim in-game)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EnfantTerrible     (yeah, she knows she's a kid, and that she can wipe the floor with you)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AmbiguousInnocence     (how would we have known she was an under-god of death etc.?)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GooGooGodlike     (godlike babies! Although, she was a little old perhaps...)
I seem to have digressed.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ObviouslyEvil     (this is the one you want)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 14, 2011, 06:28:04 pm »

Is this on hiatus today? or am I just expected to know it is?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 14, 2011, 06:49:44 pm »

I posted this a while ago.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 14, 2011, 07:34:44 pm »

Sorry, I'm dumb, and apparently pretty ignorant.
I'll just be appreciating your effort over here.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 160