Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125997 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Not on Hiatus
« Reply #1140 on: January 08, 2011, 02:07:18 am »

Funny. Wall of Iron gives 11k of GD profit over course of half a year( or 62 GD 10 SD prfits a day), but can be used only like once a few years in every major trade hub, as it completely oversaturates the market. It does not breaks any thing other than NPC credit card score and completely ruins local metalsmith economy, but otherwise, it's a very minor, and, gotta say, not a very effective source of income, as you get whooping 2800 GD over course of six weeks, which, I gotta say, with how fast people are dying is a pretty slow pace. Why ban it?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:09:36 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 08, 2011, 02:09:17 am »

So Naren and I are going to start a band to attract one of the other two goddesses. It'll be pretty rad. You see, a DC 30+ perform check can attract the attention of an extraplanar being. With two of us constantly doing that, we may find some awesome gods to help us out. We need more cowbell, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 08, 2011, 02:24:40 am »

You can never have enough cowbell.

But I don't think that plan will work, with the... situation the goddesses appear to be in.  Still, useful for attracting the so-called lesser gods, and we may get lucky.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: January 08, 2011, 02:25:06 am »

And this is how you put more cowbell into your two-man band. Demonstrations by the inventor, and then by a hot chick. The relevant piece starts around the 3:15 mark in the video.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 02:29:17 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: January 08, 2011, 02:58:18 am »

It's late and I'm tired, does that count for the xp, and if so can I take ES for level eleven?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: January 08, 2011, 03:23:21 am »

Encounters are based upon experience. Increasing money without also increasing experience by the same amount makes the otherwise appropriate encounters easier. Anything that increases wealth per level without weakening the character is unbalanced by definition because power(of which wealth is a contributor) per level is the basis of all balance. Item creation is another way of unbalancing wealth per level, but it costs a feat and reduces xp. This is one of the broken things about leadership, for one feat you can get an item creation slave with a mess of item creation feats that you are benefitting from without paying the usual costs. There are very well-founded reasons for a DM to say no to making money. Given that our DM has done so, you should look for other sources of income, you could ask the other players, or ask the DM to include an item for you in upcoming loot.

I could try wielding the spear, I have finally reached the point at which bear form is basically better than nonbear form so unless I can wield it as a bear it shouldn't see much use unless I am saving my rages.

How is Cerrad getting +15 to damage?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 08, 2011, 03:47:12 am »

So far as income goes, it's pretty uneven; I am still using what I started with (level 10 stuff) and I don't even have enough money to buy more crossbow bolts to sling using Telekinesis, let alone finish scribing the scrolls I started with.

I suppose I should ask for some extra funds in character.

(and, you know, if the funds are there to buy enchanted flaming, frost, or shock bolts, that would be pretty awesome from the perspective of my potential single target DPR. Just throw all three on a stack of bolts; they're only single use with 50 shots for the cost of a +4 weapon, that's, like, 4 full salvos using Telekinesis :P It costs 32,000GP to fire Sasha for 30 seconds! for the record, that would be 1d4+1d6+1d6+1d6 times 11 shots)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:52:31 am by Reese »
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: January 08, 2011, 04:21:07 am »

Yikes, that is way too expensive, what you are looking for is Spell Storing, Wounding, and, assuming that you know false life, Vicious...

How many castings of Flame Arrow(3rd), Keen Edge(3rd), Greater Magic weapon(3rd), or any number of similar spells from the various splat-books do you have?

Have you considered adding insult to injury by rolling parchment around your bolts with the word 'bang' inscribed upon it in large, friendly letters?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 08, 2011, 04:32:29 am »

Unfortunately, Keen Edge and Greater Magic Weapon are two of the scrolls I have yet to scribe in my spellbook.

But I can pack two of each once I have.  Right now I have 2x dispel magic, arcane sight, and haste ready to go. in 3rd level slots along with two castings of Flame Arrow.

Yet another thing I am unsure of: whether or not Telekinetic thrust takes advantage of weapon enhancement bonuses.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 08, 2011, 04:36:57 am »

Spoiler: Journal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: January 08, 2011, 08:04:15 am »

I it says they deal standard damage, except as though they were daggers and no strength bonus. Damage would ordinarily include strength and enchantments and whatever else, so it depends upon the definition of standard damage. Bear in mind that it would seem to deal 1d4 damage per level, which is low, but it seems to ignore spell resistance, and yet, it deals damage in discreet packages that are easily resisted by DR and energy resistance. If it doesn't deal enchantments than you can either carry a single spiked metal ball and deal your 1d6/level damage, which would be consistent with spell damage rules. Or a mess of bolts that can be completely nullified by dr5/magic. If enchantments ARE allowed, then you will have the potential to deal 1d4+5+1d6 per level which is huge, but it would still suffer from being completely nullified by DR 10/anything other than piercing or magic and fire resist 10(5 would be enough...). What really worries me is what happens if you manage to collect a suitable mound of returning greatswords. You could mix a few of them in with your bolts and get permanent enchantments on them...

It is a tough call, 3d6 damage per level is huge, but it is easily defeated by damage reducing effects, and it costs multiple spells and requires a certain degree of preparation. If I was the DM I would be tempted to patch something in, like saying that you can't throw them from inside the quiver, then you would be forced to take the quick draw feat and leave a hand free or something similar.
Read the First Post!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 08, 2011, 11:34:21 am »

Hmm, okay. Even without wall of iron to provide base material, I can still make money that wy, by simply buying required amount of materials with gold first, and then fabricating it. Will DM now rule out i cant buy materials?
So far as income goes, it's pretty uneven; I am still using what I   started with (level 10 stuff) and I don't even have enough money to buy   more crossbow bolts to sling using Telekinesis, let alone finish   scribing the scrolls I started with.
I had around 70 kg of iron unused left from fabricate spells, because of rounding down. Sure, it would yeild me a few dozens of other weapons, but eh. Can we rule that I made some bolts from that, when I was fabricating?
Say, 400 bolts or so will be enough, methinks.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:38:37 am by Pillow_Killer »
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 08, 2011, 12:33:33 pm »

It's only 56,000gp (or 112k, can't remember) for an amulet of continuous death ward, if you still have money left over. I've a feeling that mine will come in handy. I'll be writing a journal later, but I'm in a bit of a hurry right now. In the future, may I use the LA buyoff variant from Unearthed Arcana?

I think that that dead city is actually the one that 'Shonus' besieged with his five million shonus-filled friends.

As for the items I bought, I got myself a Bracelet of Friends and a Choker of Eloquence. The choker gives me +10 to bluff, diplomacy, and perform(sing). The bracelet allows up to four people to be keyed to it, so that I can teleport you to me as a standard action so log as we are on the same plane. Pretty useful for healing and other tricky maneuvers. Falling down a huge cliff? I warp you to me as a standard action. Awesome stuff. However, our party is larger than 5 people, so which 4 do you guys think should be keyed in?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: January 08, 2011, 12:38:42 pm »

All journals qualify for XP.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 160