Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125982 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Not on Hiatus
« Reply #1065 on: January 02, 2011, 07:04:50 pm »

Oh, awesome, lets post so we know what forum time it is now!
-edit-
Two hours, is that right?
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 02, 2011, 07:33:22 pm »

posts are time stamped, forum time is at the top of the page. *shrug*

-- edit --

Or, ya know, 6pm PST / 9pm EST
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:33:06 pm by Reese »
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 02, 2011, 09:47:23 pm »

Ze game is starting now.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 03, 2011, 01:51:18 am »

Cerrad and Zook are dead. Aryana and Gurk are on yet-to-be-determined planes.

Battle XP (Cerrad and Zook apply before ressurecting):

Zook and Derrick: 16,800 XP
Aryana and Beyini: 12,667 XP
Eafoth, Naren, Dharsus, Gurk: 10,267 XP
Cerrad: 7600 XP
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 03, 2011, 02:03:32 am »

Cerrad was with Aryana, wasn't he?

Anyway, that battle went poorly. 

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 03, 2011, 02:04:45 am »

Not really. You stopped him from doing most of what he wanted to do. Of course, you also killed a little girl.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 03, 2011, 02:07:47 am »

And It Worked.

Yeesh.  Some people get sooooo upset when you murder children that are probably nascent gods of evil by using a bolt of sound so intense it can cause people's heads to explode. 

Anyway, we're going to rez her.  It'll all be fine soon enough.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 03, 2011, 02:48:47 am »

Should I take track or combat brute or is there some sort of awesome grappling feat that I might qualify for?

May I please have a 1d12 rolled for my HP?

I am going to need to make a new pog for when I am a Brown bear, if anyone is interested my grapple bonus in bear form went up by 10 this level.

I just don't see the appeal of bear warrior 10, it costs 5 levels, gets 1 extra rage, and dire bear form. Dire bear grants +2 AC, +4 strength, 1d8->2d4 claws and, 2d6->2d8 bite. It is nice an all, but doesn't really seem like 5 levels worth of nice... Well certainly not when compared to the full size category with all the perks and improved grab you get from brown bear...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:29:10 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 03, 2011, 03:13:23 am »

[some date]
We have been several days in pursuit of the location we believe to be the lair of the vile Vampire Ficus.  We have encountered malicious constructs which bent their power to bringing us down from the air, but they were unsuccessful in doing so.  The diabolical constructs were bird like in appearance, and threw sonic energy and poisoned needles at us, but we prevailed in the end.  They were certainly not a foe I would wish to meet by air again, however, as while I was easily able to bind their wings with my spells, their poisoned needles sapped the strength from our eagles and forced us to land and take shelter.

[some date plus a day]
We have encountered another wizard whose party had encountered out erstwhile construct foes.  Her companions did not fare so fortunately as we, as she is now alone.  We have invited her to join us against the vampire lord that she may avenger her comrades.

[some date further after]
We have found the tower where we believe the vampire has made his domicile.  The place reeks of magic most powerful such that we might detect it in the very air without the need of any spells to bolster the senses.  May our skill and determination allow us to prevail against this foe in this place.

[the same date as before, supplemental]
Tragedy has befallen us yet again.  We entered the ruined area, and encountered Ficus.  He was not alone, however, as he was accompanying a man whom he called master.  They delayed us with summoned creatures and fled into the ruins of the tower to begin some dark ritual while we were beset by their creatures.
The summoned proved easy enough to disable, but it seems that the time we needed to vanquish the distraction and regroup to pursue allowed them much progress in their ritual.  We entered the tower, which had but one level, to find Ficus and his lord along with several score of hooded acolytes and a small girl.  We disrupted their ritual somewhat, but at a terrible cost.  The girl lies dead, as do two of my companions, and two more are lost to the aether, though they may yet be found and recovered.  Ficus was defeated, but his mists escaped, and I am sure we will see him again.  We were forced to flee before the might of his master's magics shortly after Ficus's defeat.  I believe we were only able to escape because he let us go, for he cast spells from amongst the highest circles of the arts.
~From the journal of Derrek the Actuator
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: January 03, 2011, 03:48:22 am »

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4813852/bey.xls
Bey's level up, will post journal later.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 03, 2011, 09:17:19 am »

Anyway, we're going to rez her.  It'll all be fine soon enough.
I sure hope some other people are planning on buying diamonds too. Seriously, I'm already providing the magics and diamonds get expensive when you have to resurrect more than one person.

Ficus was defeated, but his mists escaped, and I am sure we will see him again.
I'm pretty sure I had my sunlight-encased mirror images chase him through the earth. Photons can fit through the cracks in the ground just as well if not better than gas.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 03, 2011, 10:39:53 am »

They could chase him, but have absolutely no capability to kill him. Reese gets standard Journal xp.

Anyhow, this is what's happening.

As you fly away, you see a vast shadow over the land. The huge courtyard where you so recently battled looks tiny now as a city rises around it. Bricks and dust fly from the earth and form into a colossal metropolis. Tens of thousands of skeletons walk the reforming streets, fires kindle in ancient forges, and walls of inceredible size and strength encircle the whole. In the distance, almost beyond your sight, a solitary white tower rises, and you somehow know that that is the center of the city. You feel an immense dread, but are comforted by the stars that now shine undimmed in the night sky.

Edit:
Gurk's HP roll: 6
Gurk and Aryana were sent to the Wilderness of the Beastlands.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:45:33 am by Lord Shonus »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 03, 2011, 09:55:30 pm »

We both went to the same place? And it doesn't kill us just by existing? Awesome!

I will probably take track, the shenanigans you can get up to by having both shock trooper and combat brute are pretty crazy, but if I don't get track now then I will probably never have a chance to use it...

Hmmm, now would be a really good time for Aryana to become sentient again, it looks as though I will be adventuring with nothing but the DMPC...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 03, 2011, 10:03:26 pm »

And Cerrad's corpse, as I recall.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 160