Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125945 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Hiatus until Dec. 3
« Reply #945 on: December 01, 2010, 12:35:46 pm »

Nothing now. The more powerful equipment will have to be a special order, like Gurk's armor.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: December 01, 2010, 08:30:27 pm »

First game i will be in is coming soon. I can't wait. I will need to know what to do with hamachi and maptool, if someone doesn't mind showing me.
Dwarf Fortress: Throwing kittens into volcanoes to see what's on the bottom.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 01, 2010, 08:53:30 pm »

The Hamachi group is "Bay12Mercs" and I don't recall a password. You need the right version of maptools, I think we are on b76 but it may be b70. Hamachi will provide you with Emperor Shonus' hamachi IP address which you can feed into a direct connect from maptools, that IP address and the port "12345" should be enough information for a direct connect. Please elaborate further upon your progress for further assistance.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: December 01, 2010, 09:38:04 pm »

Ight, I will post again later when I get it going and tell the specifics.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: December 02, 2010, 04:45:27 am »

Hamachi will provide you with Emperor Shonus' hamachi IP address which you can feed into a direct connect from maptools, that IP address and the port "12345" should be enough information for a direct connect.

Alternately, MapTool should recognise Shonus as being on your LAN (as this is what Hamachi simulates, LANs across the internet) and hence the MapTool server should be visible in the LAN tab.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Crunchym8

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 02, 2010, 11:03:20 pm »

I am interested... But I've read through a decent amount of the pages... And I got thoroughly confused at the happenings of this whole ordeal. May I get the skinny, because I saw level five chars, then level ten, and of the rules involved...  My mind blanked.

...I'm not useless! If it helps, I know 3.5 inside and out, since I obsess over it constantly >_>

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: December 03, 2010, 12:17:02 am »

A random angel advanced us 4 levels. We are trying to find work in one nation but have a contract from another nation to infiltrate this nation so that we can betray them if war breaks out. We know the location of what is probably an epic level dragon encounter. The local monarch was recently assassinated by what appear to be mercenaries working for cultists and the aristocracy are trying to remove one another.

We recently added a certain vampire to our list of people who need extra killing...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 03, 2010, 02:15:40 am »

Well, the game is scheduled for tomorrow, so if it gets running on time...

I'll still be at work or just leaving.

Since we were in the middle of combat, I'd just like to outline what I want to be doing for the next couple of rounds until I get home and can log in.

Since the last round I cast Telekinesis (CL 9) and grappled one of the flying things we are fighting, I will continue to grapple that one until I manage to cause it to fall from the sky.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/telekinesis.htm
Combat maneuver mode, Range 760 feet, duration 9 rounds, and making grapple checks at +18 (9 caster level +9 int bonus)

I'll be focusing on making whichever enemy is closest to me personally at any the time that it is my turn. (or on whichever I am currently grappling if it isn't falling out of the sky yet.)

Ideally, we run and I make them fall from the sky- they should fall 150 feet then 300 feet per round on subsequent rounds, so I should be able to keep one pinned for three rounds of falling. (really, it depends on how easily they can make the DC20 reflex save to recover and just how far above the ground we are.)

Even if they recover on their next turn, it should take them a couple of turns to climb enough to be in range to attack us again, so if I can drop one a turn and we scoot for the horizon, we should be be to outrun and escape if our eagles are faster than them. (or at least get them separated enough we can deal with one at a time.)

--edit--

also, apparently, I might have done "damage as if with an unarmed strike" when I successfully initiated the grapple.  I'm not sure if that means a bare 1d3 or if I get to use my intelligence modifier for bonus damage (which would be 1d3+9), or if I don't actually get to deal damage(though that last is also unlikely) because the spell description isn't explicit in that regard. looking for something that says one way through google.

and the bird thing I have grappled now will be allowed to make a grapple check opposed to mine to attempt to move half it's speed (and if it fails to move half it's speed and has average or worse maneuverability?... plummet!)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:29:18 am by Reese »
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 03, 2010, 10:04:32 am »

What time is this thing starting today? I just wanna make sure.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 03, 2010, 11:06:38 am »

Usually, 9 PM EST. However, due to unusual circumstances, I was considering going to 6:00 PM. (7 hours from now.)
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 03, 2010, 12:30:09 pm »

Sorry can't play today
University crunch time
Java, ugh
verbositude edit later
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: December 03, 2010, 02:27:53 pm »

6 Est sounds good to me, since i live on the east coast and all. 9 is fine as well, if you decide to keep it the same. How long do games normally run?

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 03, 2010, 02:36:46 pm »

Yeah, 6 is great. 9 is 5 AM. Guess I better take a nap now.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: December 03, 2010, 02:46:51 pm »

*shrug*

You got my battle plan, if you start earlier it just means someone else controls Derrek for longer.

And I believe I have a third Telekinesis memorized if the current casting wears off before we finish the encounter (and a casting of polymorph, too- I was thinking a Manticore might be appropriate; its fly speed is not that great, but it can use tail spikes for 6 spike attacks four times, and can speak common, so maybe I would be capable of casting spells while in that form, at least spells without material components... like Telekinesis!  ;D )
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: December 03, 2010, 03:38:58 pm »

This is the verbositude update...

the game is at 5:00 local time. I promised myself I'd get at least 3 hours of java programming done today, and my last class ended at 2:30, and it takes me 45 minutes to get home, plus I'll have to eat supper.

So I'll be late. Hour and a half, two hours, somewhere theresabouts.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 160