Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125937 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Hiatus until Dec. 3
« Reply #900 on: November 28, 2010, 03:56:12 am »

I want a suit of +5, oh wait, I already ordered that armour, well, the loser version, can armour spikes be attached to an existing suit of armour? I could really use some for my grapple fighter...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 28, 2010, 11:32:09 am »

Yes, you can attach spikes to existing armor. But... isn't Gurk a barbarian? Can't they only use light armor?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 28, 2010, 11:49:38 am »

actually bar, they can use heavy, but, keyword, BUT, they loose several bonuses for using heavy armor as opposed to wearing light and having a light load.

Edit: oh bar, you realize that any armor that is magical is already masterwork, right?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:56:33 am by deathxherald »
Dwarf Fortress: Throwing kittens into volcanoes to see what's on the bottom.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 28, 2010, 12:28:24 pm »

I think you have that backwards. Only Masterwork armor can be enchanted.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 28, 2010, 02:03:45 pm »

Okay, here it is, complete with abilities and such listed. Some of these are created using this. They'll be marked with a green asterisk before the name.

*Nimble glamored +1 Mithril Full Plate = (4000+2700+1650+9000) = 17,350gp [Nimble:MIC pg.13 / Glamered:DMG pg.219]
(+8 AC / +5 Max Dex / 25% ASF / -4 ACP / 25lbs)

*adding Burning or Whirlwind to some armor = +90,000gp. [ECS pg.266 for both]

*Evil-Warding Medallion of (Sacred bonus to) Armor +3 [good alignment only] = ((40000+22500)x0.7) = 43,750gp [Protection From Evil: PH pg.266] (NOTE: Protection from Evil is a 1st level spell cast at 20th level)

*Boots of Striding and Springing = 5,500gp [DMG pg. 250]

*Eyepatch of Anger of the Noonday Sun 2/day = 86,400gp [Anger of the Noonday Sun: C.Div pg.150] (NOTE: Anger of the Noonday Sun is a 6th level spell cast at 20th level)

*Eye of Horus - 13,200gp [Dragon Magazine #325, page 75. Because you most likely don't have that, I'll describe it below.]

*Eyepatch of (use-activated) Searing Light = 60,000gp [Searing Light: PH pg.275] (NOTE: Searing Light is a 3rd level spell cast at 10th level)

*Eyepatch of Eyebite 3/day (Command Word) = 71,280gp [Eyebite: PH pg.228] (NOTE: Eyebite is a 6th level spell cast at 11th level.)

*Gauntlet of Lightning Bolt (Command Word) = 54,000gp [Lightning Bolt:PH pg.248] (NOTE: Lightning Bolt is a 3rd level spell cast at 10th level)

*Pendant of (continuous) Death Ward [good only] = 112,000x0.7 = 78,400gp [Death Ward: PH pg.217] (NOTE: Death Ward is a 4th level spell cast at 7th level)

*Ring of Evasion - 25,000gp [DMG pg.32]

Spoiler: Eye of Horus (click to show/hide)

Also, I've recreated the items that previously used the BoED to be similar but use different sources.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 28, 2010, 04:24:28 pm »

I can't read that.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 28, 2010, 05:29:01 pm »

Okay, here it is. Redone. Again. Why didn't you say you couldn't see the other colors the first time? The final prices for each item is bold. Sources for items/spells/abilities are in squared brackets.

*Nimble glamored +1 Mithril Full Plate = (4000+2700+1650+9000) = 17,350gp [Nimble:MIC pg.13 / Glamered:DMG pg.219]

ENDING STATS:(+8 AC / +5 Max Dex / 25% ASF / -4 ACP / 25lbs)

*adding Burning or Whirlwind to some armor = +90,000gp [ECS pg.266 for both]

*Evil-Warding Medallion of (Sacred bonus to) Armor +3 [good alignment only] = ((40000+22500)x0.7) = 43,750gp [Protection From Evil: PH pg.266] (Protection from Evil is a 1st level spell cast at 20th level)

*Eyepatch of Anger of the Noonday Sun 2/day = 86,400gp [Anger of the Noonday Sun: C.Div pg.150] (Anger of the Noonday Sun is a 6th level spell cast at 20th level)

*Eyepatch of (use-activated) Searing Light = 60,000gp [Searing Light: PH pg.275] (Searing Light is a 3rd level spell cast at 10th level)

*Eyepatch of Eyebite 3/day (Command Word) = 71,280gp [Eyebite: PH pg.228] (Eyebite is a 6th level spell cast at 11th level.)

*Gauntlet of Lightning Bolt (Command Word) = 54,000gp [Lightning Bolt:PH pg.248] (Lightning Bolt is a 3rd level spell cast at 10th level)

*Pendant of (continuous) Death Ward [good only] = 112000x0.7 = 78,400gp [Death Ward: PH pg.217] (Death Ward is a 4th level spell cast at 7th level)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:35:21 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 28, 2010, 05:42:12 pm »

Oh, By the way, if I happen to get some extra XP and the appropriate scrolls, I do have craft wondrous item as a feat, so I can probably make some of that stuff at a small discount.

--edit--

you know, I always disliked how crafting stuff ended up costing the crafter some XP on top of the time it takes to make a magical item (a day per either 1k or 2k of the full market value) until it was pointed out that a wizard who makes magic items slows down their leveling but can end up with magic items of a value that exceeds their level, which means that you are a lower level but potentially just as powerful AND you end up getting more XP per encounter for having the lower level.  Since the DM will usually give level appropriate encounters, that works in the players' favor

Of course, in a computer game, there's a limited amount of XP to go around, and the character dependent stuff like BAB and caster level are more important. (and most of the computer games for D&D don't charge the XP cost or time... and some times not even most of the material costs)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:49:48 pm by Reese »
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 28, 2010, 05:45:50 pm »

Yes, you can attach spikes to existing armor. But... isn't Gurk a barbarian? Can't they only use light armor?
Apparently Mithral allows you to use it with medium armour proficiency, which I have, and heavy armour would only take away fast movement, which I do not have due to the Bear Totem variant barbarian class which can be found in the SRD.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 28, 2010, 05:52:45 pm »

Oh, right.

Oh, By the way, if I happen to get some extra XP and the appropriate scrolls, I do have craft wondrous item as a feat, so I can probably make some of that stuff at a small discount.
That'd be neat, but I think your character (Zook? Darrek? I get mixed up.) is already slightly behind in XP.

Of those items, I have to say that the Pendant of Death Ward, the armor at the top, and the Eyepatch of Anger of the Noonday Sun are my favorite. The pendant will protect me against instant death effects, including the one that the vampire uses. The armor would raise my AC significantly. The eyepatch is definitely my favorite, though. 10d6 divine damage in a 10' burst around me, reflex half. If an undead creature that is weak to sunlight (such as a vampire) is caught in the blast and fails its reflex save, it is instantly destroyed. Too bad the DC isn't all that high. If we're really lucky, though...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 28, 2010, 06:12:15 pm »

Darek.

And remember what I pay in XP is something like 4% of the GP cost (1/25)

that's 40xp per 1000 in GP value, that's about 220XP for the boots of striding and springing. (except for the bit where the creator needs to have 5 ranks of jump... oops!)

hmm, that's about the only thing I could have made for ya, actually.  ???

I guess you don't want anything I could make at this time. (now, if I had craft magical arms and armor, I could probably do some of the armor stuff... but I don't)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 28, 2010, 06:32:12 pm »

Oh, right.

That'd be neat, but I think your character (Zook? Darrek? I get mixed up.) is already slightly behind in XP.

Of those items, I have to say that the Pendant of Death Ward, the armor at the top, and the Eyepatch of Anger of the Noonday Sun are my favorite. The pendant will protect me against instant death effects, including the one that the vampire uses. The armor would raise my AC significantly. The eyepatch is definitely my favorite, though. 10d6 divine damage in a 10' burst around me, reflex half. If an undead creature that is weak to sunlight (such as a vampire) is caught in the blast and fails its reflex save, it is instantly destroyed. Too bad the DC isn't all that high. If we're really lucky, though...
FYI, that isn't a death attack.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 28, 2010, 06:46:47 pm »

True, but it is a negative energy attack, which Death Ward also protects against.

Any word on the inflation?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 28, 2010, 06:52:24 pm »

Probably not until tomorrow. I have to go to work in a few hours, and I need to look over things.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 29, 2010, 07:51:55 am »

ENDING STATS:(+8 AC / +5 Max Dex / 25% ASF / -4 ACP / 25lbs)
I'll give you that at 2x in drakes.

*adding Burning or Whirlwind to some armor = +90,000gp [ECS pg.266 for both]
What book is this?

*Evil-Warding Medallion of (Sacred bonus to) Armor +3 [good alignment only] = ((40000+22500)x0.7) = 43,750gp [Protection From Evil: PH pg.266] (Protection from Evil is a 1st level spell cast at 20th level)
By the time you get back to town, this sort of item will be nearly unobtainable thanks to the vampire scare. It'll be 10x in drakes.

*Eyepatch of Anger of the Noonday Sun 2/day = 86,400gp [Anger of the Noonday Sun: C.Div pg.150] (Anger of the Noonday Sun is a 6th level spell cast at 20th level)

*Eyepatch of (use-activated) Searing Light = 60,000gp [Searing Light: PH pg.275] (Searing Light is a 3rd level spell cast at 10th level)

*Eyepatch of Eyebite 3/day (Command Word) = 71,280gp [Eyebite: PH pg.228] (Eyebite is a 6th level spell cast at 11th level.)
Eyepatches are currently out of fashion. You'll have to make these yourself, if you can.

*Gauntlet of Lightning Bolt (Command Word) = 54,000gp [Lightning Bolt:PH pg.248] (Lightning Bolt is a 3rd level spell cast at 10th level)

*Pendant of (continuous) Death Ward [good only] = 112000x0.7 = 78,400gp [Death Ward: PH pg.217] (Death Ward is a 4th level spell cast at 7th level)

This item does not exist.

NOTE TO ALL NEW PLAYERS
You are required to spend 75 Gold Drakes or the equivalent in GP on a Giant Eagle.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 160