Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125923 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Hiatus until Dec. 3
« Reply #855 on: November 25, 2010, 11:12:13 pm »

That doesn't quite work; you still have to make an attack roll in order to deal the damage, though the foe is denied their dex bonus to AC.

A feat that you might want to look into (if you meet the prerequisites) is 'Blood Spiked Charger' from the Player's Handbook II, page 92.

Effect: You may use the following 3 tactical maneuvers:

Spiked Avalanche – If you make a Charge while wearing Spiked Armor and using a Spiked Shield (or with
your hands empty), you may make a single attack with the Spiked Armor or the Spiked Shield that
receives a 2x Strength modifier bonus to damage –or– attacks with both your Spiked Armor and your
Spiked Shield that each receive a 1x Strength modifier bonus to damage (two weapon penalties apply).

Spiked Rebuke – When you Fight Defensively with a Spiked Shield and an opponent missed your AC but
would have hit if not for your Shield, your next attack against that opponent with your Spiked Shield (if in
the next round) receives a +2 bonus on its attack roll.

Spiked Slam – As a Full Round Action, you may make a single attack with your Spiked Shield that
generates an Attack of Opportunity, has a 2x Strength modifier bonus to damage in addition to the damage
below. You do not threaten adjacent squares until the start of your next round.

Size               Bonus Dmg
Small                +1d4
Large                +1d8
Gargantuan           +2d8
Medium               +1d6
Huge                 +2d6
Colossal             +3d6

Also, as far as disliking casters goes, just get a bunch of touch range spells and increase your concentration to the point where you can just cast touch-based spells in the middle of a fight. When you miss with a morningstar, punch someone in the face with a quick Slay Living.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 26, 2010, 12:07:12 am »

i was thinking since im already grappled to him with spiked armor, all i would need to do is shake some (another grapple check) and the guy would take the dam from my armor spikes. and that feat isnt as useful as i would like to have, thats why i like Skorpions Grasp better, cause the fighter i designed only uses a set of daggers as his hand weapons, since there really isnt a need for much else to fight with.
Dwarf Fortress: Throwing kittens into volcanoes to see what's on the bottom.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 26, 2010, 12:14:00 am »

I don't know whether it's a grapple or an attack roll, but you definitely have to roll before you can just deal damage.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 26, 2010, 12:46:12 am »

well yea that is a given to roll before dealing damage, but still, the idea of simply moving (shaking, convulsions) works best for just another grapple check.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 26, 2010, 04:24:21 am »

Attack Your Opponent

You can make an attack with an unarmed strike, natural weapon, or light weapon against another character you are grappling. You take a -4 penalty on such attacks.

You can’t attack with two weapons while grappling, even if both are light weapons.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#ifYoureGrappling

This is separate from the ability to make a grapple check to damage your opponent with the equivalent of an unarmed strike.  As written, it could be assumed that you can make your full attack, though it explicitly states that you cannot use two weapon fighting. (since you can only use two weapons if you are taking a full attack, it's implied you can take a full attack)

Armor spikes, as written in the SRD, allow one to use them to deal additional damage on a grapple check(with grapple check penalties if you are non-proficient), or as a light, martial weapon if making an attack.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/armor.htm#armorSpikes
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 26, 2010, 12:35:21 pm »

im gonna be gone most of the day today fellers, sorry i cant get the chars up and rolling to let you see what i had in mind. i should be able to tomorrow though. Im still really stuck on the idea of a human fighter with spike plate that grapples every opponent he comes accross, including a friend if someone forgets and hugs him.
 Oh, shonus, question, could i have a helm that has been modifed to have a short sword (basically a large armor spike) extend from the top? yes, i would consider it an exotic weapon, therefore needing the exotic prof feat with it to use it correctly, but would you allow that?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 26, 2010, 12:40:33 pm »

Too bad you'll miss the game today.  :-\

Does this mean that I'm still the only healer, but now I have another person to heal?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 26, 2010, 01:17:49 pm »

It's not the third of December yet.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 26, 2010, 01:32:45 pm »

Oh hey, you're right. Derp.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 26, 2010, 02:37:09 pm »

It's not the third of December yet.

Wait, *I'm* the only one that remembered this? Usually I'm the only one who forgets these.

Welcome to backwards day, elpoep yllis!
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 26, 2010, 06:30:39 pm »

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 26, 2010, 11:31:02 pm »

good job Bar. very good job. >.>
even i noticed the 3rd of december part, it kinda part of the title... yea...
so i decided to drop the morningstar (even though i love them) and get a bastard sword, and trade whirlwind for the exotic prof i need for it. plus i changed up some of the armor so that i have a 26ac with my +1 allowed dex bonus.
The bastard sword is a +2 keen bastard sword of shock. :) i couldnt resist keeping the shock bit, since not too many things can resist it from what i have read, but it will backfire if we run into water... oh well. gotta look at the bright side of things.
He will be a front lines healer/melee thwacker from what spells i can figure he will mainly use, and since hes a good little cleric, i wont need to stock up on any healing spells in my repitore of spells since he can trade them out at any time for cures. PM me any ideas anyone has, ive got a grand total of 985gp left. >.> (+2 full plate, the sword, +1 ring of protection, +1 bracers of armor... yea.)

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 27, 2010, 01:01:29 am »

I double checked the first page; starting funds should be base wealth by level plus 4000 GP, you you have an extra 4k to work with.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 160