Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125799 times)

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Always hiring new players
« Reply #495 on: September 07, 2010, 03:23:47 am »

re: the skill tricks:

I qualify to take Swift Concentration and Healing Hands, so I suppose I might as well take them both, if Shonus approves; otherwise I just waste skill points into intimidate since it's a class skill of my PrC.
(Wizards have so many skill points to spend from the Intelligence bonus, and only four useful class skills to spend them in...)

I'm not sure how the swift concentration will interact (if at all) with the Sustained Concentration ability (concentrating to maintain Telekineses only costs a move action instead of a standard action), but that's a level away yet.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 07, 2010, 08:16:26 am »

6000 drakes and some land
Each, or to split?

Who gets the ring of freedom of movement?
I can cast that once per day, so someone else probably needs it more. Someone who sucks at grappling even more.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 07, 2010, 12:32:55 pm »

Who gets the ring of freedom of movement?

Last time I got grappled, I lost the game. I don't have any skill points to spare on something as situational as Escape Artist. Thankfully, I have purchased a Ring of Blinking since then, and my other ring slot is taken up by a Ring of Protection, so someone else can use it I guess.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 01:50:29 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 07, 2010, 03:30:06 pm »

Someone list the experience/gold/items/whatever earned last session, please.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 07, 2010, 03:48:38 pm »

Lord Shonus, I finished up my spell book and spells memorized in my spreadsheet, but is there any particular format you want them listed in, before I go ahead and add them to the post with my character info?

(given that there are a few spells I want that I haven't learned yet, I will buy some scrolls of them and try to learn them from the scrolls in play.  I'm staying 100% SRD/Core for all the spells.)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 07, 2010, 05:19:33 pm »

I'd prefer an HTML, but if you already have it in a spreadsheet, just send me your charsheet and spellbook, etc and I'll take care of it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 07, 2010, 05:46:56 pm »

I can format them however you like; that's the easy part.  I can just 'borrow' the raw HTML from one of the other character sheets and put in my own stats. :) I just have equipment buying, familiar, and appearance/backstory stuff left.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 07, 2010, 07:12:25 pm »

I believe that our last haul was mostly 2 rings and a rapier, the rest of the stuff was probably mundane.
The rapier inflicted constitution damage, so it is almost certainly at least +1 and wounding, possibly more.
They were immune to grappling, so the ring is probably a ring of freedom of movement.
They were flitting in and out of invisibility at will in the same fashion that I can with my ring, so the other ring is almost certainly a ring of invisibility.
Did the DM say that their BAB+Dex bonus was 18? 7d6 sneak attack suggests 13 rogue, although their are some prestige classes that could increase the BAB. 13 rogue would be 9 BAB, 14 would be 10 and also 7d6 sneak, 8 dex bonus would be 26 dex, an elf with maximum dex would start with 20, get 3 with levels, so need +2 from somewhere else, I fear that the gloves may have been destroyed in some sort of suicide effect...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 07, 2010, 07:51:22 pm »

Dibs on rapier if it hasn't been called, then.  Possibly also on the ring of invisibility, but one of you might need it more.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 07, 2010, 08:22:32 pm »

I'll take the ring of invisibility, to better locomote around the field. Also, I'll be an hour or two late tomorrow.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 07, 2010, 11:59:37 pm »

I should be there on time tomorrow, because lab and tutorial sections don't start on the first week of university...

In subsequent weeks, I might be as many as FIVE WHOLE MINUTES late (because the sessions are starting 1 hour later than they used to, right...?)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 08, 2010, 09:11:09 am »

Speaking of which I may be absent for much of the following monday games hence due to having a class that ends at 10pm. It would be swell if anybody told me how to host the html version on mythweavers.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 08, 2010, 10:24:43 am »

I'm afraid I may be suspending the sessions for a couple of weeks. I had a job interview today that went well, and the job may preempt the game. I am NOT cancelling it entirely, it just might take some time to reevaluate my schedule. Tomorrow's session is not affected, and I'll know a little more by then.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 08, 2010, 12:44:46 pm »

At this rate, what with all the changing schedules and whatnot, we might just have to completely re-evaluate our timetable...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 160