Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125608 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2010, 01:19:07 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm just going to leave this here.

*walks away*
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2010, 02:37:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm just going to leave this here.

*walks away*

And this is why I wanted a dicebot in the OOC channel. Frankly everyone was just 'happening' to roll 15-18s constantly in their own browsers. I like rolls to be done out where everyone can see them.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2010, 05:01:51 am »

He(Shonus) is trying to set one up.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2010, 05:02:35 am »

Actually, I just got one working.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2010, 05:37:38 am »

Someone catch me up on what all happened after the orc encounter in the jail, when you guys are done.

We went to the throneroom of Orc Warlord Gurg and Spent 4 hours trying to kill her and her guards. Gurk joined the party and killed half of all the orcs and we left with thousands of gold, 8 or 9 cages and a few bars of mithril and platinum.

I kicked Gurg in the face with flying jump kicks more than twice.

I drew a picture of my character

I could do portraits for other people if asked, I could use the drawing practice anyway.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:29:12 am by Robocorn »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2010, 12:06:36 pm »

I have to see what you think of my character as.

Please draw a picture of Naren.

Edit:  Oh yes, and my computer being a fell god, dark and terrible, might have slowed us down a bit.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:08:30 pm by Lucus Casius »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2010, 06:15:31 pm »

Not quite sure when the next session will be yet, but is everyone OK with starting earlier?
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2010, 06:51:48 pm »

While we're in between sessions, why don't the players hash out rules on splitting the mission pay (things like how much share each charatcter gets, what charcters that only participated in part of the mission get (currently, only Dharsus and Ronald were there for the whole thing. Neren and Gurk came in at the end, Quinn only participated in the very beginning, and Cerrad left in the middle), whether there's a bonus for kills,  and how the value of items will be handled. In a conventional campaign, these would be trivial issues, but a mercenary company might handle things differently.

Here's a suggestion, based (very) loosely on 18th century rules on prize money ((from capturing ships while working as a privateer or master of a warship)). This is only a suggestion, and you do not have to follow it.

1.)  All coin found as loot or obtained as mission pay goes into the general pool.
2.)  Weapons, armor, and other equipment (this category includes all magical items) salvaged in a mission may be sold. If so, the money received goes into the pool.
3.)  Equipment that is not sold goes into the company armory, and my be drawn by any member that wishes to use it. The person does not own it, but may purchase it for it's value in GP.
4.) One-half of the value of gems, objects of art, and non-magical jewelry belongs to the person that finds it. The other half of the value goes in the general pool. A person may keep the object by contributing half it's value to the general pool.

5.) The general pool is divided into twenty shares ((This number may need adjusting)). Ten shares will be awarded to Angokor, as his cut of the revenue. ((This half is not debatable.))
One share will go to each person that participated. Remaining shares will be awarded, on group consensus, to individuals who were of particular use in the mission.

Summary of the events so far in a bit. I'm sorting the logs now.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2010, 07:45:42 pm »

Even shares of everything keep it simple and even, you don't end up with the artillery and damage dealer getting +6 ability gear and weapons while the skill monkey and meatshield are stuck with their starting gear because their roles are less dramatic...

Although a group armoury could be interesting, gear tends to be painfully specific in DnD. You have the barbarian that doesn't use full plate, the fighter who only uses a spiked chain, the druid who thinks that everyone should use a scimitar, the wizard who wants an almost useless intelligence hat and the sorcerer who can't wear a cloak of resistance... Still, could be fun...

P.S.
 Feel free to ignore the junior member, we wouldn't want to set a bad precedent...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2010, 07:55:10 pm »

Like I said: It's just a suggestion. I WANT the players to hash something out.

Summary:

Chapter I: Formation

The new recruits of the mercenary company stand in a room
Quinn, a human (fighter 5)
Dharsus, a human (monk 5)
Ronald, a hafling (rogue 5)
Cerrad, a human   (rogue 3/Swashbuckler 2)

The party introduces themselve sto each other, and read a note that is on the table.
The party examines the note with great intensity.
After a breif time, a mysterious voice begins speaking.
Eventually, the wizard Angokor revelas that he was sitting, invisible, in the head chair the entire time.
After assigning rooms, he takes them to meet the wizard Benum.
There is a brief encounter with his guards, who seem rather stupid, but he shows up and smooths things over.
He is very specific about his needs (high-quality iron cages, mithril bars, and platinum bars)), but evades inquiries as to WHY he needs them. Ronald causes a stir by sneaking onto the wizard's lab a scaring a guard in a cage, so the PCs have to calm it down.
Benus provides a cart, and the PCs set off for some dwarven ruins. Quinn goes back to the base.

Chat transcript ((I've removed all sever messages, and cleaned up soem of my broken descripitons (where PC chatter inturrupted me)))here.

Chapter II, the journey

The trip to the ruins takes 3 days. Near the end of the first day, as they are setting up camp, they spot a glimmer in the bushes. As the start to investigate, a kobold fires on the horse with a ballista, barely missing it. Battle is joined, and the 9 kobolds are dispatched with no casualties, although Ronald takes a severe battering from kobold slings, and Dharsus is stabbed once by a spear. After dismantling the ballista and plundering the slain, the move on a little bit and make camp. The next day is uneventful. A storm strikes late in the third day, meaning that it is already growing dark when the find the ruid site. Thanks to finding a bit of old road, they are able to dig out the entrance to the fort.

End of first session.

Kills (The kill goes to whoever knocked them out in battle, not the one that went around finishing them off after the fight.)
Dharsus: 5 Kobolds
Cerrad: 2 Kobolds
Ronald: 2 Kobolds

Main transcript:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2068014/DND/Transcript2.txt
Battle transcript:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2068014/DND/Battle1.txt
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:35:51 pm by Lord Shonus »

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2010, 08:55:44 pm »

Ack, rogue not rouge.

Edit: Also,

themselve sto
breif
))
sever
soem

Sorry.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:59:07 pm by penguify »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2010, 09:35:22 pm »

Chapter III: The Lost ruin of LostSpears

After digging out the doors of the ruin, the party pushes open the gate and unlocks the door. Ronald triggers a trap, but Darhsus saves him from it. Along the entrance corridor, they find many traps, but most are rusted into uselessness. They find some treasure in an old trading area, then proceed deeper into the ruin. Dharsus accidentallt triggers a trap that fills the trading area with water, but they escape. Ronald is frightened by a persitant wailing. They find a number of workshops, with nothin valuable in them, and come across a few dead dwarves. Backtracking, they move back to the trading room and find that hte watter has drained. In the other wing, they find some more treasure, and the source of the wailing that is terrifing ROnald. A dwarven skeleton, holding the skeleton of a baby dwarf, is crouched in the corner of an upstairs room. Dharsus dispatches it easily, and they proceed to the lower level. Here, they find evidence of a great battle, and a human bard in cage. After rescuing him the party battles with an orcish patrol. Dispatching it is difficult, but doable. After the battle, another orc enters, and decides to throw in with the party. He leads them to the Orcish leader (Fgtr 4), where the party is attacked by her and her six guards (War3).The battle is difficult, and all poarty members take a beating. Ronald is reduced to negative HP for a time, and Dharsus is knocked out twice. After the battle, the party finds the orc clan's plunder, and both the orc and the human join the company.

Chat transcript:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2068014/DND/Transcript3.txt
Orc Battle Transcript:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2068014/DND/Battle2.txt
Boss Battle:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2068014/DND/Battle3.txt
Not going to put up the battle with the skeleton. D just punched it once.

Cerrad: 2 Orc
Dharsus: 1 skeleton, 2 Orc, 2 Orc Guard
Ronald: 1 Orc, 1 Gurg the unclean
Neren:  1 orc
Gurk: 3 Orc Guard
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:36:46 pm by Lord Shonus »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2010, 12:05:13 am »

I say we take the ballista, find a better cart and better horses, and do the whole battlecart idea.

I'm fine with however we divide the loot, so long as a get a good share.

Oh, and have we decided on the next session yet?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2010, 12:32:19 am »

Possibly about 18 hours from now, but If not then, then tomorrow (7PM Sunday EDT) for sure.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2010, 12:41:28 am »

Today(?) is fine by me.  7:00 p.m. Eastern if today?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:43:06 am by Lucus Casius »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 160