Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125941 times)

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Hiatus until Dec. 3
« Reply #930 on: November 30, 2010, 03:20:56 am »

NOTE TO ALL NEW PLAYERS
You are required to spend 75 Gold Drakes or the equivalent in GP on a Giant Eagle.

There are some races that can fly - one example is that one starting with A in Bastards and Bloodlines, if that's permitted - would new characters characters with the ability to fly without a mount or so still require to purchase a Giant Eagle
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 30, 2010, 04:24:16 am »

There's also that avian race in the Races of the Wild book.  The question is if they can fly fast enough to keep up with the giant eagles(fly speed 80).
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 30, 2010, 04:40:33 am »

I'd copy out the text, but sadly I don't have a copy of B & B handy at the moment. Besides, I barely know Dungeons and Dragons - I was merely attempting to point out a potential question that p'haps aught be considered.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 30, 2010, 04:47:04 am »

Or you could just play as a half-dragon-ogre-barbarian with a keen scythe. I mean, it is a level 10 campaign...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 30, 2010, 06:20:21 am »

You'd just have to hope that the genes you got from the dragon were the ones that cause the wings, eh?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 30, 2010, 07:01:36 am »

Hence the ogre, you need to be large sized, it is really sad that half-dragon-troll-barbarians are too high level to use yet...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 30, 2010, 07:38:21 am »

Why do we need more eagles? We already had two that were unmanned. Cerrad is probably going to need to go onto one of the others, but that still leaves an open eagle.

As for the eyepatches, what if they were goggles, gauntlets, bracers, amulets, or a robe or something like that?

ECS is the Eberron Campaign Setting.
All six eagles are carrying passengers. You may be thinking of the summoned ones. As for your items, you have to be able to justify why the ability works on the item it is on.

Lucius is correct. Starting GP is not affected by inflation, but the drakes are.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 01, 2010, 12:18:46 am »

Anger of the Noonday Sun is a blast effect with the light descriptor. That should qualify it for 'destructive power', 'vision', and 'combat'. According to this, that means it could be a bracer, gauntlet, eye lens, or pair of goggles. Do any of those sound reasonable?

For example, here's the gauntlet version.

The Fist of Blinding Fury is a masterwork gauntlet plated in burnished gold. Embossed upon each of the dozens of plates is an image of a sun in copper. Embedded within the palm of the gauntlet is a large and flat multifaceted ruby, the depths of which glow with the intensity of the sun. Twice per day, the wearer can focus upon the depths of the ruby in order to summon the Anger of the Noonday Sun.

If I were to make the item good-only, which sort of makes sense because it's a light-based spell for killing undead, I could add this part that both reduces its utility and (according to the link above) reduces the price by 30%.

When the wearer is in combat with an evil or undead foe that is within range of the blast, the gauntlet glows with a soft blue light that runs throughout the copper tracery. Only in this state can the light be brought forth to blind and destroy the enemies of the wearer.

Flavor isn't difficult, it just takes a while.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

deathxherald

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Look! DBZ Dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 01, 2010, 01:29:23 am »

Oh that dies ever so much look like fun. Sounds basically like the feat from the complete divine that allows you to spend two turning attempts to destroy the undead instead of turn it.
Dwarf Fortress: Throwing kittens into volcanoes to see what's on the bottom.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 01, 2010, 07:41:49 am »

Anger of the Noonday Sun is a blast effect with the light descriptor. That should qualify it for 'destructive power', 'vision', and 'combat'. According to this, that means it could be a bracer, gauntlet, eye lens, or pair of goggles. Do any of those sound reasonable?

For example, here's the gauntlet version.

The Fist of Blinding Fury is a masterwork gauntlet plated in burnished gold. Embossed upon each of the dozens of plates is an image of a sun in copper. Embedded within the palm of the gauntlet is a large and flat multifaceted ruby, the depths of which glow with the intensity of the sun. Twice per day, the wearer can focus upon the depths of the ruby in order to summon the Anger of the Noonday Sun.

If I were to make the item good-only, which sort of makes sense because it's a light-based spell for killing undead, I could add this part that both reduces its utility and (according to the link above) reduces the price by 30%.

When the wearer is in combat with an evil or undead foe that is within range of the blast, the gauntlet glows with a soft blue light that runs throughout the copper tracery. Only in this state can the light be brought forth to blind and destroy the enemies of the wearer.

Flavor isn't difficult, it just takes a while.
That works fine as a gauntlet. x3 inflation, and you'll have to commission it.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 01, 2010, 10:29:25 am »

Does it work as good-only or just as normal? I'll probably have my item list to you by tomorrow, pending your answer.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 01, 2010, 10:32:01 am »

It works as either, but the good-only version cannot emit light bright enough to illiuminate anything.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 01, 2010, 10:40:27 am »

Except for when it's using the spell, right?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 01, 2010, 10:42:08 am »

Of course.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 01, 2010, 11:42:13 am »

Okay, can I buy the stuff right now, or wait until I'm back at a town? Can I sell old stuff?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 160