Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125891 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Sessions Friday nights
« Reply #705 on: October 30, 2010, 12:52:14 pm »

Yep!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 30, 2010, 02:02:56 pm »

I'll give 800XP to Cerrad, 1200 to Zook, and 1000 to everyone else. Ary, Zook, and Derrik will get their experience after they're ressurected.

People died? I need a lodown of what happened.

Also, sorry for missing the game, Test-Driven Development-style procedural C++ is a bitch.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 30, 2010, 02:13:08 pm »

Level 15 vampire wizard.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 30, 2010, 02:34:18 pm »

Basically, we were contracted to protect an artifact of unknown age and power (it's half a road sign, but of no make known to mortal knowledge)

The thief showed up, and proceeded to throw around instant death effects (which accounted for all deaths- my death in the first round was because no matter how nice a +9 will save is, a roll of a 4 ain't gonna cut it.) megaraptor summonings, and mind control powers before activating a special powered artifact on the deaths of Eafoth Zook and Aryana that allowed him to run the length of the 100 foot hallway, grab the artifact, and disappear in a puff of mist.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:32:26 pm by Reese »
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 30, 2010, 02:42:37 pm »

People died? I need a lowdown of what happened.
This will double as my journal (I guess it's written in braille or something so that I can more easily see it?)

Quote from: The Lowdown
After that battle between the nobles, we remained in the town for about a week, waiting for more news. I met a pretty interesting old wizard named Darrik, and I think I like him. He's a bit cantankerous, but I can tell he's got some experience with magic. At the end of this week, a man came into the inn and started talking to us about how we look 'rough', though he wouldn't explain to me how he thought a blind cleric, a gnome, an old man, and a nearly unarmed human sitting at a table looked rough. He must have heard of us through some other means. Anyway, he was the curator for a museum and they wanted us to guard some new artifact that they dug up in the middle of nowhere, half of a 'godforged' inn sign. I didn't even know the gods used inns, much less needed signs.

We set up camp in the wing of the museum that the artifact was in, and waited until 12:47, the time that the curator said the thieves always entered at. Some fog rolled through the door, and coalesced into what, at first, seemed to be a man. Then I noticed his fangs. I thank Pelor for the spells he gave me that morning, because I had copious amounts of Searing Light prepared to unleash. We bantered a bit, and then he summoned a sphere of negative energy that instantly killed Darrik and nearly killed me, though I was protected by Pelor's Blessing. The vampire gave his name as Lord Ficus, and we began to fight. He summoned a huge demon-lizard, larger and more fearsome than those at the battle of the nobles. However, this was dispatched quickly, and we proceeded to unleash all we had upon him. I hit him with a column of fire and several blasts of light, Dharsus slashed him wildly, Cerrad knifed him a few times, Gurk nearly took his head off with his mighty blows, and Aryana and Zook rained magical fury upon him, but it was not enough. Ficus fought back with powerful magicks, and he seemed to ignore many of our blows and recover at an incredible rate.

After what seemed like an eternity, he seemed weakened, and became a gaseous cloud floating by the ceiling, but still we rained blows upon him as well as we were able. He coalesced once again, and the gem on his cloak began to glow. Another sphere of nothingness overtook the room, and Aryana and Zook just shriveled up and died. I hadn't noticed any dessication before with Darrik, but he probably looked wrinkly to begin with. With a burst of impossible [seriously, at least 120 feet in one round after a spell was cast] speed, he grabbed the sign and fled, leaving us to put out the fires from the fight.

The Curator came rushing in, and we told him who it was. The annoying little man (not Zook, Zook is dead) fainted, and apparently he'll be sending some order of paladins after the vampire. In the mean time, I need to find some diamonds so that we can resurrect our fallen comrades using some new spells I learned recently.

(is it still Level x100 for journal XP?)

NINJA EDIT: I'm not dead, Zook and Aryana died at the end.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 30, 2010, 03:32:53 pm »

fix'd
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 30, 2010, 04:13:44 pm »

As a bonus, this is what you were up against last night.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2068014/DND/Lord%20Ficus%2C%20vampire.htm

Sheet is short a few magic items that he had last night.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 30, 2010, 05:12:39 pm »

Can we know the name of the ability that did that instant death thing? Anyhow, I'm going to review his SAs to deduce this.

Darkness                   - If this was it, I totally should have used Daylight to counter it. Silly me.
Blood Drain                 - Probably some form of life stealing, and the corpses did wither. But where did the blood go?
Children of the Night  - I can't
Dominate                    - This is probably what he did to Zook, not the murder thing.
Create Spawn            - This probably requires a bite, him being a vampire and all.

So it was probably blood drain or one of those cheap-shit items.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 30, 2010, 05:22:26 pm »

Twas the Annihilation spell.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 30, 2010, 05:44:59 pm »

Is there a positive energy version for that? I can cast 5th level spells now!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 30, 2010, 05:45:52 pm »

Nope.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 30, 2010, 05:47:44 pm »

What, you think it'd be retarded to have a spell that creates a globe of everything?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 30, 2010, 05:53:57 pm »

I got the spell from a book of Necromacy. No positive energy spells in that book.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 30, 2010, 05:59:03 pm »

Energy Substitution?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 30, 2010, 05:59:46 pm »

Problem is it's a pretty specific spell. A positive version would need to be designed from the ground up.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 160