Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125770 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Always hiring new players
« Reply #480 on: September 06, 2010, 03:56:32 pm »

Then maybe we could start earlier. Depends on RAM.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 06, 2010, 05:35:52 pm »

The server is up. Not starting yet, but you can go ahead and pop in.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 06, 2010, 05:43:50 pm »

I won't be using mIRC anymore, because $20 (American) and my nonexistent credit card number is just too friggin' much to pay for an IRC client.

So if the chat feature in MapTools is just too lame for our DM to handle, I suppose I can see if ChatZilla is up to the task of being my resident IRC client. On the upside, I'd have less windows open since it would be in my firefox browser, but on the down side I'd have even more tabs open. Not that it makes much difference, ChatZilla seems to basically be a lot like mIRC, right down to opening a new window instead of a new tab like I would appreciate my IRC client being able to do...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:45:43 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 06, 2010, 07:08:35 pm »

Session has started.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 06, 2010, 07:55:03 pm »

Feel free to start without me next time if you want an early start or something...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 06, 2010, 09:14:29 pm »

Yeah, I am definitely not joining today, I am still at the office (working on a holiday, yeah), and haven't even picked my spells and other juicy details.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 06, 2010, 09:25:30 pm »

Couldn;t introduce you anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 06, 2010, 11:38:25 pm »

Well, that was fun. I saved Gurk from the brink of death and we completed the longest mission ever. (What was the reward, by the way?_

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 06, 2010, 11:39:11 pm »

6000 drakes and some land

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 06, 2010, 11:44:30 pm »

We never figured out for sure who that guy worships, did we?

The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 07, 2010, 12:07:45 am »

Who gets the ring of freedom of movement?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 07, 2010, 12:19:58 am »

Note to self: Kukris with Improved Critical seem nice, but they are pretty useless.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 07, 2010, 01:22:33 am »

OK, I'm working on the spells and items angle, two questions:

Do I have any experience free to use for crafting some magic items (a number of the items I am interested in are items I meet the prerequisite to create, like the Blessed Book)

and

What is the cost for purchasing spells to add to my spellbook? (aside from the cost of inscribing them into my spell book)
Can I assume to have copied the spells from another wizard?("In most cases, wizards charge a fee for the privilege of copying spells from their spellbooks. This fee is usually equal to the spell’s level × 50 gp." ~PHB 179)
or am I assumed to have purchased a scroll of a spell I want and deciphered the spell from that?
or do I need to acquire any new spells outside the wizard's spells learned per level in game?

Note to self: Kukris with Improved Critical seem nice, but they are pretty useless.
<3 weapons with on-crit abilities. :)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 07, 2010, 02:40:31 am »

Kurki with improved critical need some sort of damaging effect to back them up. 1d4 damage on one roll in 7 is not worth the feat, but mix in a +1 and burst enchantment and then you have an extra 1d10+1. Add in a couple of points of strength damage and that is another +2. Throw in a bard song and prayer or some similar abilities and you have another +3. What you really want is dual-wielding and some sort of consistent damage effect, like divine favour or that feat that adds your charisma bonus to damage so long as you keep feeding in turn attempts. Getting an extra 1d4+1d10+10 damage on one attack in 7 is starting to look like a decent investment... But for something like rogues you are probably better off with daggers, and most critical hit builds will want a larger weapon that will work with power attack...
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 07, 2010, 02:47:45 am »

OK, I'm working on the spells and items angle, two questions:

Do I have any experience free to use for crafting some magic items (a number of the items I am interested in are items I meet the prerequisite to create, like the Blessed Book)

and

What is the cost for purchasing spells to add to my spellbook? (aside from the cost of inscribing them into my spell book)
Can I assume to have copied the spells from another wizard?("In most cases, wizards charge a fee for the privilege of copying spells from their spellbooks. This fee is usually equal to the spell’s level × 50 gp." ~PHB 179)
or am I assumed to have purchased a scroll of a spell I want and deciphered the spell from that?
or do I need to acquire any new spells outside the wizard's spells learned per level in game?
Any spells outside of starting must be aquired in-game. You have no "spare" exp.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 160