Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125746 times)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Always hiring new players
« Reply #435 on: September 05, 2010, 02:07:06 am »

More precisely, you got 2121 EXP.
You should add that with what he got on Friday and the 100 we all got for bombing the smelting area

I don't know who actually plays Aryana, but I'm sorry for picking you up and moving you out of stabbing range before healing you, I heard you dislike that.
Shonus Plays Aryana, Orange Bottle never gets any computer time

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 05, 2010, 02:31:27 am »

More precisely, you got 2121 EXP.
You should add that with what he got on Friday and the 100 we all got for bombing the smelting area
Good point. Cerrad has gained 5521 exp for the last 2 sessions.

Aryana was Orange Bottle's character, but he can't play anymore, so I took her over.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 05, 2010, 04:36:36 am »

Hiyas!

I just found this game through the link in Shonus's sig in a completely unrelated thread, and figured it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Skimming through the thread, it looks like you guys play starting about 6pm-7pm PDT, but otherwise I didn't really get a clear sense of schedule.

Oh, and I do know a little bit about html and coding, and I noticed some talking about making color coded damage scripts, so maybe I can help out with that even if my schedule won't let me join up with you guys. :)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 05, 2010, 04:39:35 am »

We ususally play at 7:00 or 8:00 EDT on Mondays and either Wendsays or Thursdays. It's somewhat irregular though.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 05, 2010, 04:54:12 am »

Ah, I see.  Unfortunately, that translates to 4pm to 5pm my time, and I usually don't get home from work until 7pm or so, so I guess I will have to pass on this one.
(I figured this would be the case, though.)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 05, 2010, 05:28:24 am »

It runs quite a while, you may still be able to participate with a late start...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 05, 2010, 11:41:46 am »

OK, I guess I'll make a character up and see if my showing up so late will work out.

What's the current starting level and cash, and which splat books can I use? (I've got almost all of the non-terrain ones)

--edit--

also, what version of MapTool, and managed or unmanaged Hamachi2?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:47:09 am by Reese »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 05, 2010, 01:11:03 pm »

We've been using 70 for maptool, and the link to the hamachi we're using is on the first post, I think. Most everyone is level 11, but I'm not sure how much gold you get. As far as characters, this is what we have. (In case you want to decide your character based on the party's current makeup)

Aryana the Human Sorceress - Usually pretty destructive, but squishier than water. Is sort of a DMPC at the moment. If she gets hit with an attack, she usually needs some serious healing.

Zook Flamespit the Gnomish Wizard - Joined recently, nobody seems to take him seriously but he's pretty good at killing things. Only slightly less squishy than Aryana. Has a weird obsession with lighting peoples' blood on fire.

Gurk the Orcish Barbarian - Dumb as a post, but strong enough to survive what he gets himself in to. Eh likes to breaking doors and doesn't afraid of anything.

Naren Obosa the Human Bard - A bard of average sturdiness, he's useful for his buffs and his backup-healer-ness. Also good at stabbing things with arrows from afar.

Eafoth the [Unknown] Cleric - This is myself, and the only thing that saves me is my AC. Hits things with its two maces and heals things. Wears a brightly colored Burqa that hides its identity. Blindsense currently replaces its sight.

Cerrad the Human Swordsage - Possibly the most min/maxed character of the bunch. (Or the only one.) Doesn't get hurt much due to high AC and high HP. Has a lot of useful equipment and skills. If he can sneak attack something, it usually dies.

Other interesting facts
*Whereas in another campaign I'm in (Eberron Exploration and Prophecy) has characters that are mostly all over 200 pounds and 6 feet tall, this party is comprised of much smaller characters. In fact, the heaviest is Naren at 168 pounds, and the tallest is Cerrad, at 5'11.

*Of the given ages, this party is much younger, being from 19-23.

*This party is mostly a sausage-fest, with only one female, one unknown, and four males.

*Most everyone is either Chaotic or Good. Some are both. Naren is neither. There are no evil members.

*These are our party stat modifiers and those who contribute most to them.
Str - +5   Highest - Gurk (+6)
Dex - +16  Highest - Eafoth/Cerrad (+5)
Con - +17  Highest - Cerrad (+5)
Int - +12  Highest - Zook (+5)
Wis - +5   Highest - Eafoth (+4)
Cha - +14  Highest - Aryana/Naren (+5)

*If we all fused together and got the stat averages, our stats would be...
Str - 12
Dex - 16
Con - 16
Int - 14
Wis - 12
Cha - 15

*Fact finding is a hobby for me.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 05, 2010, 02:27:58 pm »

Dude, My Dex modifier is +7 I contribute most.

Also Dharsus is 35 which throws of the age range. And he's 180 throwing off your weight range

I really have to find out how to do that Html thing.
If you want the stats here are 'em (God I'm tired)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 02:36:27 pm by Robocorn »

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 05, 2010, 03:06:40 pm »

I really have to find out how to do that Html thing.

to change colors in HTML, you wanna use the font tag, like so:
Code: [Select]
<font color="red"> </font>

except the font tag is deprecated, so you should output a span or div like so:
<span style="color:red"> </span>
or
<span class="redText"> </span>
witht he second, you would have a style sheet or style tags in the header that say:
.redText {
color:red;
}

then what you do is define classes for each complete style, since as a style for crits, a style for dice rolls, a style for... well, you get the idea, I'm sure.

Since you are using a script that does stuff with colons, you probably should check if there's a way to escape the : in the style if you want to put the style right in the span tag.

--edit--

if you were already using HTML that worked and still getting problems, it's probably a character escaping issue; can you copy a snippet of the HTML code that the script produces?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 03:18:49 pm by Reese »

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 05, 2010, 03:18:50 pm »

No, I mean post my Char sheet in an HTML file. I'm probably never going to change the colors of anything.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 05, 2010, 03:21:55 pm »

No, I mean post my Char sheet in an HTML file. I'm probably never going to change the colors of anything.

ooooh, sorry :-[

probably just need to grab the source code of someone else's HTML character sheet and edit in your character's stats; HTML is all just plain text with a .htm instead of a .txt extension, so you should have the tools to edit it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 05, 2010, 03:35:10 pm »

PM me your current info, and I'll make one up like I did for Zook. Speaking of which, I should upload Aryana's. She also currently has a +8 Cha modifier.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2068014/DND/Aryana.htm

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 05, 2010, 03:58:26 pm »

I was just going off of the sheets in RAM's post on the first page.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 05, 2010, 06:11:41 pm »

Speaking of sheets, here's Eafoth's new sheet, complete with its first level of Radiant Servant of Pelor. Also, how often will we have games on Thursday instead of Wednesday? I might be able to pull off two sessions at once on Thursdays, but I doubt it. (Eberron: EaP is on Thursdays.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 160