Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125683 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Always hiring new players
« Reply #360 on: August 30, 2010, 04:19:33 am »

If we had thought ahead then we could have bought a scroll or two of cloudkill... As it is, if we can find some sort of suply group, we could try to smuggle some of our special barrels into the supplies, although we would need to get an exploding runes spell...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 30, 2010, 09:29:09 am »

Glyph of Warding could be keyed to the bandits and cast upon each barrel. If I use the 'Glyph of Blasting' effect, I could make it so that when a bandit walks by, the barrel explodes.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 30, 2010, 01:40:41 pm »

I sort of changed it back when we met the Archon. I just reread the Book of Exalted Deeds so I could make it convincing. Turns out that being good involves very little killing and a lot of charity. Who knew?

Depends how you do it. Cerrad is willing to kill... but only if he can justify it. Killing merchants who were threatened goes against his idea of good, but if it's the only (and I do mean only) way to kill a thousand unscrupulous bandits, then he's going to kill some merchants. A dozen or so murders is worth committing to prevent the thousands of murders and thefts that the bandits would commit over their lives.

If we had thought ahead then we could have bought a scroll or two of cloudkill... As it is, if we can find some sort of suply group, we could try to smuggle some of our special barrels into the supplies, although we would need to get an exploding runes spell...

Hmm... sneak onto the supply wagons, and switch out some of the supply barrels with our powder kegs, with a note on top: "Hi." *KABEWM!* Of course, this would only be ethical if we can ascertain that the wagon driver is one of the bandits.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 30, 2010, 01:52:24 pm »

Game in 4 hours, right?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 30, 2010, 01:58:51 pm »

No, 28.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 30, 2010, 02:09:41 pm »

We'll definitely be able to justify killing most of the bandits when they reveal that they refuse to cooperate and attack us, because we already know that they're doing evil. Well more specifically, they're doing unlawful things like stealing and murder, so I guess they must have strong bonds of fraternity amongst them to justify their alignment being neiutral and not evil.

Our course of action depends on the scale of the bandit organization. If there are only a few dozen, we could probably take them out personally and tie the leaders up and bring them to court for murder and robbery. If there are several hundred, we may have to smoke them out and destroy their organization through the leadership and their base, or at the very most extreme, explode them.

Since they're not evil (apparently) it would be preferable to reform them than to slaughter them outright, It may however be permissible if they continue to be uncooperative and malicious.

EDIT: I think Naren might have Leadership it might be possible to bring a few reformed bandits along with us as cohorts who earn pittance compared to us regular members.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:11:43 pm by Robocorn »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 30, 2010, 02:20:49 pm »

No, 28.
Are Tuesday games going to be a common occurrence? Because I can't make Tuesday games starting the week after next.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 30, 2010, 02:35:14 pm »

Just this week.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 30, 2010, 03:48:37 pm »

If they're not technically evil, and are attacking merchants...

My god, they're Communist revolutionaries...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 30, 2010, 04:20:10 pm »

Am I correct in assuming sessions are Mondays and Wednesdays, usually? I haven't found a scheduling post yet.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 30, 2010, 07:27:11 pm »

Yes, we need a scheduling post sometime.

Also, it might be that the bandits commit evil deeds (i.e. armed robbery) on a regular basis but are considered neutral because it is literally the only way they can make a living. Farming is hard if you don't know what you're doing, and if an extreme lawful government finds out you were a bandit in the past and haven't served your jail time yet, kiss any chance you have at a legitimate job goodbye. Of course, this doesn't justify large-scale murder or theft, so one way or another, we are going to bust their schist up.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 30, 2010, 08:08:25 pm »

Evil or not, it is abundantly clear that they're not even attempting to obey the law, so my axiomatic sword should do +2d6 damage to them, I'll probably have to avoid dealing the finishing blows with it though because it's lethal. (Is magic lethal?) Part of me wants to bring the bandits in to prison to show them that crime doesn't pay. But another part of me is reminded that we're here to help topple the empire.

Man, am I going to enjoy rationalizing that for my alignment. (It occurs to me that I'm imposing upon myself the same moral restrictions that got paladins kicked out of the game.

Even though we've met nobody with any redeemable qualities (save the paladine's fist guy) in [Whatever the name of this city is] should we still find a temple and donate to it? Even if you factor out our magical items and mission expenses, we are still brain-explodingly wealthy.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 30, 2010, 08:14:02 pm »

I don't really care about their ethics, just their morals.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 30, 2010, 08:25:41 pm »

They're killing people without provocation. That's evil. There's Eafoth's motivation.

What do you think about making a donation to a temple? Pelor's pretty popular according to the players guide, but as far as I know all of the citizens of Markavia could be thralls of juiblex and we couldn't tell the difference

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 30, 2010, 08:30:17 pm »

Aren't we using the Dragonlance gods?  Or is it both?  Or just the original?  I dunno, Paladine's Fist and... was it Shadow of Takhasis?... kinda threw me off.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 160