Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125655 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Always hiring new players
« Reply #300 on: August 26, 2010, 12:05:42 pm »

Code: [Select]
[h:AttackRoll=1d20]
[h:CritRoll=1d20]
Holy Dagger First Attack: [r:AttackRoll]+13=[r:AttackRoll+13] [r:if(AttackRoll >=17,"<br><b>Confirm Crit: </b>" + (CritRoll) + "+13=" + (CritRoll+13),"")] <br>

Holy Dagger Second Attack: [r:AttackRoll]+8=[r:AttackRoll+8] [r:if(AttackRoll >=17,"<br><b>Confirm Crit: </b>" + (CritRoll) + "+8=" + (CritRoll+8),"")] <br>

Holy Dagger Haste Attack: [r:AttackRoll]+13=[r:AttackRoll+13] [r:if(AttackRoll >=17,"<br><b>Confirm Crit:</b>" + (CritRoll) + "+13=" + (CritRoll+13),"")] <br>

Acid Dagger First Attack: [r:AttackRoll]+12=[r:AttackRoll+12] [r:if(AttackRoll >=19,"<br><b>Confirm Crit: </b>" + (CritRoll) + "+12=" + (CritRoll+12),"")] <br>

Acid Dagger Second Attack: [r:AttackRoll]+7=[r:AttackRoll+7] [r:if(AttackRoll>=19,"<br><b>Confirm Crit: </b>" + (CritRoll) + "+7=" + (CritRoll+7),"")] <br>

There! I leggo'd your f***ing eggo, what now?!? I mean, um, yeah I fixed it so that it shows the rolls.

Also, for future reference...
(This text is in parentheses, which is the plural form of "parenthesis".)
[This text is in brackets, which is more or less than one bracket.]
{This text is in braces, which is completely irrelevant to teeth of any kind.}
</vocubulary lesson></semantic know-it-all>
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:10:35 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 26, 2010, 03:50:19 pm »

...You know what?  Just assume that I'll be an hour or so late every time from now on.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 26, 2010, 03:54:31 pm »

Tonight's session is canceled. My sister is getting close, and I may have to run her to the hospital.

Also, Monday's session is pushed to Tuesday. (That's Tuesday to Wendsday for RAM.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 03:57:55 pm by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 26, 2010, 04:47:14 pm »

Good luck with your sister...

P.S.
Shoruke, I fixed that first attack for you...
[h:AttackRoll=1d40]
[h,if(AttackRoll > 16): AttackRoll=1d4+16]
[h:CritRoll=1d40]
[h,if(CritRoll > 10): CritRoll=1d10+10]
Holy Dagger First Attack: [r:AttackRoll]+13=[r:AttackRoll+13] [r:if(AttackRoll >=17,"<br><b>Confirm Crit: </b>" + (CritRoll) + "+13=" + (CritRoll+13),"")] <br>
[/infantile posturing]
I am hoping that a means of including the dice in some practical manner will present itself, but for the moment it would probably suffice(and may be better regardless) to just remove the h:s...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:36:25 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 26, 2010, 05:21:17 pm »

Should be a routine delivery, It's just that the baby's father is a worthless deadbeat that won't do anything to help out, so guess who has to take up the slack.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 26, 2010, 06:10:52 pm »

This is an ugly ugly ugly piece of code, but it seems to work...
Code: (aaaaarg, the horror!) [Select]
Holy Dagger First Attack: [t:AttackRoll=1d20]+13=[r:AttackRoll+13] [r,if(AttackRoll >=17): "<br><b>Confirm Crit: </b>"][t,if(AttackRoll >=17): CritRoll=1d20] [r,if(AttackRoll >=17):"+13="][r,if(AttackRoll >=17): (CritRoll+13)] <br>

P.S.
 "The discovery of t: was a great boon to the party. Never again would the deities of chance force them to choose between knowledge and power."
 Unless it bothers the DM, the option to have all the gory details of a roll spelled out in minute detail in a little box that appears if you allow the mouse pointer to linger upon the result is turned off by default, t: forces the matter...

P.P.S.
 u: unformats the line, basically it is normal except with no colour alteration, it may become useful if you can figure out how to change colours...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:13:39 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2010, 07:35:16 pm »

Ooh, a tooltip tag? Time to implement!

EDIT: Okay, I've got the attacks to work in tooltip mode, but making only the numbers inside an [if:()] block (namely, the confirm critical rolls) show up in a tooltip just ain't happenin'.

...I wonder if there's a command to put a customized tooltip [onto the (math in parenthesis)]... then I could just make the tooltip say CritRoll+13 or whatever...

EDIT 2: Having failed to find a tooltip command, I'm trying to increase my knowledge of how to use the "IF" statements in this language... and it SUCKS... the brackets, and the parentheses, and the commas, and the semicolons, and the quotation marks, they all change arbitrarily depending on what all comes before them on that line of a macro.

EDIT 3: I took another look at that modified first attack roll, RAM, and prettied it up just a little...
Holy Dagger First Attack: [t:AttackRoll+13][r,if(AttackRoll >=17):"<br><b>Confirm Crit: </b>"][t,if(AttackRoll>=17): CritRoll=1d20+13]<br>It's still pretty inelegant, but it's functional, and just that little bit less cluttered.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:44:32 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2010, 09:49:26 pm »

These tooltip things are sweet, I still wind up having to set all my variables beforehand, but the space saving of the tooltip allows me to insert theatrics into my rolls.

EDIT: I made this neat little thing that changes the flavor text for my attack based on how much the damage dice deal. I'm sure you could make one on your own, but I want to feel special and make a macro thing of my own

EDIT: I made a better one for the holy weapon.
[h: Damage=1d8]
[h: HolyDmg=2d6]
[h: Masterwork=1]
[h: Str=1]
[r,if(Damage>=4):"Dharsus stabs his enemy's weak points with the deadly  tip of his blade for"]
[r,if(Damage<4):"Dharsus slashes his enemy's flesh with his jian for"]
[t: Damage+Masterwork+Str] damage. The holy steel of the weapon
[r,if(Damage<4):"sends a chill down the evildoer's spine for"]
[r,if(Damage==5):"shocks his immoral foe's heart for"]
[r,if(Damage==6):"shocks his immoral foe's heart for"]
[r,if(Damage==7):"shocks his immoral foe's heart for"]
[r,if(Damage==8):"shocks his immoral foe's heart for"]
[r,if(Damage>=9):"sends waves of pain through his enemy's flesh. Wracking them with pain for"]
[t: HolyDmg] damage.

The macro against Chaotic evil enemies is going to be epic.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 10:49:17 pm by Robocorn »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 27, 2010, 04:55:52 pm »

Okay, I'll be able to make this Tuesday session, but I have XC meets every Tuesday after that for several months.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 27, 2010, 11:33:03 pm »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2010, 09:20:50 am »

That's a nice bit of writing, Shoruke. I now know what I missed!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 28, 2010, 05:18:18 pm »

That's a nice bit of writing, Shoruke. I now know what I missed!

Well, I'm not up to the point where you joined yet, but thank you.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 28, 2010, 05:26:39 pm »

You weren't actually around when he joined were you. Usually whenever Eafoth showed up the first couple of times you weren't actually playing so Cerrad was feeding his horse or sharpening his knives or slept in or agreed to wait by the door when we all went in to battle the telves without him. I'm looking forward to seeing you describe this aloofness in great detail.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 28, 2010, 06:22:36 pm »

I showed up on the road to the tower where we slew the telves, in the last IRC game.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2010, 06:24:02 pm »

Those things were done by someone else, completely against my character. I fully intend to write as though I haven't left you naive, unsuspecting people alone for a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 160