Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125640 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Always hiring new players
« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2010, 02:35:28 pm »

I was thinking of Fire Archons, which IIRC are neutral Elemental type things.

EDIT: I found out that all this week I have late XC practices. I'll have to leave after two hours, but I'll be back in the 4th (or 4.5, not sure) hour of the session, if it's still running.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:07:03 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 23, 2010, 03:46:38 pm »

I looked that up and only found some extremely unbalanced homebrew race.

I'll miss Eafoth's imput a bit, but can we assume he'll heal us and cast flame wall? With any luck you'll be in for the first battle and just avoid the character development and the trekking through the wilderness that makes us appreciate all that shonus has done to create this world.

Besides, with the maptool, we should go through all of shonus's awesome battles with much more speed and accuracy. 

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 23, 2010, 04:38:08 pm »

There's no XP for buttering up the DM.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 23, 2010, 04:51:42 pm »

What is Story/Quest/Roleplaying XP?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 23, 2010, 04:54:38 pm »

You can go ahead and join the IRC now, and then we'll start getting everyone conencted.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 23, 2010, 04:54:49 pm »

XP? I'd settle for not having the merchants pour beer on me and getting me eaten by hobos.

I think it's 25.

Naren got 25 for  Social Combat and Aryana and I got 25 for character development

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 24, 2010, 02:18:36 am »

E got 3300 xp
Naren got 4000

Loot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 24, 2010, 03:02:26 am »

I've been fiddling with the MapTools macros a little bit. I made an attack macro that will automagically roll to confirm crit if necessary.

Spoiler: bare bones attack code (click to show/hide)

Make sure you substitute your attack modifier for M and the lowest end of your critical threat range for C. So, if you usually roll 1d20+10 for attack and your weapon only gets a critical threat on a 20, then change AttackRoll+M to AttackRoll+10 (you should have to do this twice), and change AttackRoll >= C to AttackRoll >=20.

I'll do more fiddling with the macros some other day, when it's not 2 in the morning and I'm not sleepy. Also I guess I need to do another journal entry, I'm falling behind.

EDIT: I looked at this post again and saw that apparently, the Bay12 forums take HTML code, so I had to use some basic coding trickery to get the code to show up here properly.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 12:31:46 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 24, 2010, 08:34:31 am »

Sorry about disconnecting, the power went out for some reason. Did I miss much?

As far as loot, I'll take 100 bolts, but otherwise there's nothing there I need.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 24, 2010, 01:01:51 pm »

I'll take the +1 bows, to sell/trade later, but I'll put the money towards the group pot.

As you can see from the picture, I keep my damage macros removed from the attack rolls, to avoid unnecessary clutter from attacks that miss. Also, I keep the damage in sections: basic dagger damage is kept separate from the Holy damage and sneak attack damage, because they don't always activate. Sometime after I get home from work I'll make a second full attack macro that will ask me for any temporary bonuses I have to my attack roll (such as from haste, flanking, Inspire Courage, etc). Also, I made a macro for taking damage (like RAM was doing during the battle); it pops up a box to ask how much damage I took, and subtracts that much from my token's HP.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:34:51 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 24, 2010, 04:39:01 pm »

So then, we are now landowners?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2010, 04:54:43 pm »

The mission isn't over yet. We fought one battle, then I decided to end it because it was getting late, and I was tired of running 3 PCs. Aryana's trouble enough.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2010, 04:57:57 pm »

The mission isn't over yet. We fought one battle, then I decided to end it because it was getting late, and I was tired of running 3 PCs. Aryana's trouble enough.
Ah, okay then.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 24, 2010, 08:55:08 pm »

A couple of problems with that macro, the DM requested to see the rolls, maybe it would suffice to remove the h:s but it would still get complicated trying to keep the confirmation rolls sensible.

Well, not really a problem so much but more of a request, would you be willing to include dialogues for additional increases or decreases to attack and damage, such as from flanking, bardic inspiration, or power attack? My dialogues seemed to have trouble sticking, some macros worked fine, some kept asking for variables that should already have been set, just weird, it would remember power attack, hmmm...

Spoiler: warning: code (click to show/hide)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 24, 2010, 09:06:44 pm »

It might just be that you're rambling a bit, but I can't see what problem it is you're trying to point out.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 160