Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125672 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The mercenaries - Important announcements (now recruiting).
« Reply #2160 on: February 15, 2013, 08:04:31 pm »

game in 167 hours.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: February 15, 2013, 08:26:11 pm »

Man, this keeps happening. I'll be there on Sunday. If Shonus isn't there, I'll throw up a server and run some kind of encounter for the other PCs.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: February 15, 2013, 08:48:05 pm »

Oh, hrmm, it might be 2 days after the time I gave...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: March 06, 2013, 07:45:44 pm »

Alright, I forgot about last Sunday (sorry about that), and the week before that nobody showed up.

In any case, I can run a game Friday (two days from now), but it will be 2 hours earlier than normal, because I've been forced to work weekends for a couple weeks (and thus will have greater difficulties staying up late than would be normal for a Friday game.)

I also have some non-interactive bits that will have to be gotten through when play resumes. I *can* post these here in the thread if desired.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: March 06, 2013, 09:07:58 pm »

Posting them here would save time, but limit commentary, which would not 'necessarily' be a bad thing...
I'll see what I can do about 2 hours earlier, it is not really my thing, but I have done it before...
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: March 06, 2013, 10:40:25 pm »

I can come. And I'd be willing to do the non-interactive bits here, too.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: March 07, 2013, 04:11:27 pm »

Game in 25 hours I believe. Well, 24+5/6...
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: March 07, 2013, 04:38:36 pm »

Just about.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: March 07, 2013, 10:17:12 pm »

The talky bits.

You take the relic spear, hammer, and bow from the hidden armory, and proceed to exit this ancient place.As you leave, you have the strangest sense of not existing. You can see both the tunnels that were there when you entered, which fade away to bare rock, and much older passages that seem to have been sealed off long ago. These latter become ever more distinct as you walk down them, and soon dwarves appear, running to and fro throughout the passage. They do not notice you, and a few pass through you without stopping. At the end of this passage, you find a chamber, richly decorated to an extent that does not resonate with the dwarves that you are familiar with, who are famous for humility and restraint. Upon a high throne at one end sits what can only be a king, although even the most ignorant of humans know that the dwarves have no kings.

Dwarves line the walls, each clad in armor wrought of mithril, arrayed in proud tartans and bearing sigils long lost. A few dozen dwarves, badly beaten, crouch before the throne. Their sigils have been torn from their breast, and their beards have been shorn. Near them stands a familiar hard faced man, arrayed for battle.

The dwarf king speaks, and he is accompanied by jeers and curses from the dwarves along the walls. "The dwarves have endured beneath the earth for uncounted generations. This is not our war, and we will not throw ourselves away on your foolish quest for petty revenge. Take these cursed traitors and their clans with you, for they are no longer dwarves. I cast them from my kingdom and my people."

Several of the abused dwarves whimper unintelligibly.

When the man speaks, his voice his steady, but the rage and hatred is undeniable, and the resonance of his voice causes a few of the clan heads along the wall to cower in fear.

"You have doomed your own people. For if I fail in the battles to come, it will be due to your cowardice. When my people are destroyed, and our homes and fields burn, who then will be her slaves? You will be the last king, and you will know that you put the chains on your people yourself, to toil under a false god for all eternity. If she is destroyed, and my kingdom come, I will curse you for your cowardice, even if it be with my last breath. As my kingdom rises, yours shall fall, and your people shall be bound to my line and my throne until the end of time. This I swear. The true gods damn every last one of you."

He gently helps the shorn dwarves to their feet, and leads them away without another word.

You can feel time passing you by. You suddenly stand somewhen else, in the same chamber. The dwarf king is raising a goblet to his lips when he suddenly looks up in shock. Seconds later, the goblet clatters upon the floor as the hand that held it had gone slack, and turned to stone. All along the walls, the clanheads are similiarly stoned.

You now find yourself in the same room, thick with dust. YOU somehow know that you are back in your own when, and corporeal once more.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: March 08, 2013, 03:59:22 pm »

Like, totally an hour or something.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: March 08, 2013, 04:45:15 pm »

Server's going up now.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: March 08, 2013, 07:12:17 pm »

Server down due to lack of players.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: March 08, 2013, 08:06:51 pm »

Sorry, forgot it was earlier than usual. I'm around, if you want to try again.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: April 29, 2013, 03:51:57 pm »

First, I apologize for the long, unexpected hiatus. I've been very erratically busy the pst few weeks. Fortunately, I believe I will be able to schedule regular games until July (at which point I'll have to tweak the schedule when the new contract changes my work hours).

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: April 29, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »

So what is the time and date of the next session?

Can all players please respond with whether or not they intend to be attending?
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 160