Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Cogs and Corsairs - Nautical 3.5E D&D - Characters chosen  (Read 34139 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Cogs and Corsairs - Nautical 3.5E D&D - Characters chosen
« Reply #390 on: August 08, 2010, 07:06:27 pm »

That game made me sad.  First time in forever I get to be a player and my internet dies.

By the way, I had to reformat and doing so eliminated the bug that was causing my internet to die, so, if anyone feels like running their own game I'd join...  Just saying..

I'm a PC in a DM's body, but if I didn't DM I wouldn't play at all.  In fact, I'm considering after I've gotten my fill of storyline in this campaign (And potentially the next, I'm considering a second campaign after this one that ties up loose ends in this campaign) I'll make a new, World's Largest Dungeon Style Torchroguelike FATE hack'and'gauntlet dungeon-stomping kick in the crawl campaign that consists of a single town and a single massive dungeon.  Call it DungeonFuckers.  That's a classy name right there.
Shoes...

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 08, 2010, 07:45:44 pm »

I would try DMing, but my extreme lack of experience compounded with my limited resources(and the fact that school is starting soon, and I don't know how much of my time that will suck up) make me very, very, very reluctant.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 08, 2010, 07:52:53 pm »

Yeah, I don't have the 3.5e books. And the 4e ones are complicated, I'd only consider it in person and even then it's not likely.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 08, 2010, 07:55:44 pm »

You can't get experience without DMing.
Shoes...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 08, 2010, 08:04:09 pm »

I suppose, but we never got to find out what happened with that golem (if I'm thinking of the right adventure)

He ate you. And everyone else in the party. With onion dip. There. Closure.

Yeah, I felt pretty bad about ditching that campaign, but that fact that I was horrendously under-prepared (having never DM'd online and not played for half a decade), compounded by RL stress immediately after we started and the massive headache of trying to manage a session with peoples schedules...doomed to fail. I might DM something else at some point, but only when I'm absolutely sure it's not doomed to fail.

Also, it was funny when Cthulhu's internet cut out, and the party immediately ran into the most harmless trap ever, and it took them like 15 minutes to remember they had a rogue. Good times.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 08, 2010, 08:25:33 pm »

I still say my plan to beat the spiders was the highlight of that campiagn. That and the Half-Elf secret handshake.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 08, 2010, 09:16:56 pm »

You can't get experience without DMing.

I can get experience by playing. Maybe I can't get experience running a campaign that way, but I can at least get more familiar with the system before running a game.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 08, 2010, 09:21:30 pm »

dat troo
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 08, 2010, 10:48:25 pm »

I can DM something. I got a campaign idea I have been thinking about. It is really really cliché. Also I can not spell for shit which may or may not be a issue.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 08, 2010, 11:21:09 pm »

If Traveller doesn't pick up, I can DM a 4e campaign.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 08, 2010, 11:23:24 pm »

That'd be brosome.  I'll still be DMing this, I have that outline I mentioned before so I know where I'm going.

Good news guys, since I've started a new campaign that bug has come back.  It always resurfaces when I start playing D&D or something similar.  Maybe it's got something to do with Hamachi.

I'll do what I can, but if I disconnect suddenly during a game, you know what happened.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:30:23 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 10, 2010, 03:22:31 am »

Hey wolfy, something struck me as odd last game with the way you were flying around. With a Maneuverability of Average I don't think you can do all the things you were doing in the air yesterday.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 10, 2010, 03:29:10 am »

i take 2* movement to climb, and i have to move at least 15ft a turn while flying, i can turn up to 90 degrees per square of forward movement, did i defy any of those?, i might have forgotten something baout ave manouverablity though
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 10, 2010, 03:50:38 am »

Ah. I think it is 20 feet a turn (because you have a move of 40) it is 45 degrees per square. You have to go forward a square for each square you go up.

Also other rules that you did not say but you did not break are: You can not move backwards, you can not reverse, you can spend 5ft of movement to turn 45 degrees, the max you can turn per square is 90 degrees, you can move down at any angle, your down speed is double, and you have to spend 5ft moving forward after a dive before you can start moving up.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 10, 2010, 04:29:32 am »

fair enough, it had been a while since i'd read the flight rules, but seing as how im getting improved flight next level, it won't be a problem for long, till then i'll get the srd's flight page open during sessions
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31