Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: Cogs and Corsairs - Nautical 3.5E D&D - Characters chosen  (Read 34236 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Cogs and Corsairs - Nautical 3.5E D&D - Characters chosen
« Reply #270 on: August 03, 2010, 06:13:21 pm »

I personaly don't mind hexes
Hey wolfy, are you just going to stand back and shoot or are you going to get up-close-and-personal?

it depends on the situation, i can do more damage in melee, at least on the 1st attack when i dive, but ranged combat should always be an option, especially when you can fly
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 03, 2010, 06:33:43 pm »

We'll probably stick with squares, they're easier to work with.
Shoes...

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 03, 2010, 06:53:03 pm »

I'm fine with either hexes or squares, though hexes can be confusing with straight lines like running or stream of acid.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 03, 2010, 08:53:04 pm »

Hexs are easy. Gametable can handle them as well. I say use them if you want.

Hey wolfy, are you just going to stand back and shoot or are you going to get up-close-and-personal?

it depends on the situation, i can do more damage in melee, at least on the 1st attack when i dive, but ranged combat should always be an option, especially when you can fly

Okay, I was just wondering because I realized that you are me are the only real close range people around and without flankers my sneak attack will not always go off. I have some things to help me get it but it is always nice to have a flanker.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 03, 2010, 09:10:05 pm »

The problem with me helping u flank is, if i do focus melee im going to want to macimise the number if times I can dive, or perhaps i will just get combat expertice and sit ther invlulnerable while you go stabby.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 03, 2010, 09:17:02 pm »

Don't say words like "invulnerable."  I'll take it as a challenge and you'll die.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 03, 2010, 09:19:51 pm »

Airborn strike is the thing that gives you +2 when above people right?

Anyway, are you going to be swooping down and then flying away in one round or swooping down hitting round ends hit fly away?

Also don't make Thul take out the things that can hit you when you have that much AC... because then they can hit me!

Edit: what do your special arrows do? Can ye set things on fire?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:21:56 pm by Criptfeind »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 03, 2010, 09:55:56 pm »

Dragonsbreath arrows --> Have a bit of alchemists fire in em, deal +1 fire damage
Swiftflight arrows --> well crafted for travelling fast, double the range increment of the bow that fires them

Well i wont be invulnerable but itl be harder to hit me

Airborn strike is the thing that gives you +2 when above people right?

Yes, i got it instead of a feat with the raptorian fighter substitution level for level 4

Anyway, are you going to be swooping down and then flying away in one round or swooping down hitting round ends hit fly away?

I dont think i can move again after a dive attack, even with flyby attack
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:57:41 pm by wolfchild »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 03, 2010, 09:57:16 pm »

Airborn strike?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2010, 09:57:49 pm »

Huh.

Erm, are we allowed to take feats from say, Eberron setting? In particular, I was looking at this one:
-----
Song of the Heart [General]
Prerequisites: Bardic Music class ability, Perform: 6 ranks

Description:
Your Bardic Music abilities are improved:
Inspire Courage, Inspire Competence, Inspire Greatness, & Inspire Heroics have their bonuses increased
by 1.
Fascinate, Suggestion, & Mass Suggestion have their DC increased by 1.
Haunting Melody has its DC increased by 1.
Music of Growth has its Enhancement bonuses increased to +6.
Music of Making has its Craft bonus increased to +6.
Soothe the Beast receives a +2 Circumstance bonus on Perform check to improve the attitude of an
Animal or Magical Animal.

-----

Stuff like Haunting Melody and Music of Growth is also from Eberron, though I'm willing to take the feat just for the +1 on Inspire Courage.

EDIT: Also, does anybody know how to get more skill points aside from raising intelligence? And if not that, what are the best ways to raise intelligence? I'm going to need to either get a few extra ones, or sacrifice quite a few ranks in key skills like Preform, Concentration and Diplomacy if I want to unlock Sublime Chord at level 10... Alternatively, if Cthulhu lets me alter my stats I would probably end up lowering DEX by a bit since I'm not going to be using it much as I thought I would be, and raising CON and INT a little.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 10:14:31 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2010, 09:59:34 pm »

Oy, I forgot the chord and the seeker. Sorry, I will finish them.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2010, 10:03:11 pm »

Airborn strike?

Quote from: races of the wild
RAPTORAN FIGHTER
The raptoran fighter is a sentinel of the skies, swooping on foes and bringing death from above. A raptoran fighter gives up some of her versatility and defensive prowess, but gains significant airborne advantages.

Hit Die: d10.

Requirements:
To take a raptoran fighter substitution level, a character must be a raptoran about to take her 1st, 4th, or 8th level of fighter.

Class Skills:

Raptoran fighter substitution levels grant the same class skills as the standard fighter class.
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier (or four times this number as a beginning character).

Class Features:
All the following are features of the raptoran fighter’s racial substitution levels.

Encumbered Flight (Ex): A 1st-level raptoran fighter can glide while carrying a medium load. When the character gains flight after undertaking her Walk of the Four Winds, she can fly while carrying a medium load. This substitution feature replaces the standard fighter’s heavy armor proficiency gained at 1st level.

Airborne Strike (Ex): A 4th-level raptoran fighter gains the ability to use superior positioning to deal extra damage in melee. Whenever the raptoran is flying and higher than her opponent, she gains a +2 bonus on melee weapon damage rolls. This substitution feature replaces the standard fighter’s
bonus feat gained at 4th level.

Fast Flight (Ex): An 8th-level raptoran fighter’s glide and fly speeds are 10 feet faster than the norm for her race. Fast flight is considered a racial bonus to speed, so it stacks with enhancement bonuses from spells and magic items. This substitution feature replaces the standard fighter’s bonus feat gained at 8th level.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 03, 2010, 11:21:24 pm »

Hexes are fine by me, though we would want to cook up some area effect templates regardless...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2010, 11:26:07 pm »

Song of the Heart is fine, as long as a feat from a campaign setting isn't obviously reliant on the associated setting (So a lot of the ghosty feats from Ghostwalk are out) it's not a problem.
Shoes...

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2010, 11:28:40 pm »

What about modifying my ability scores?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31