Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: Cogs and Corsairs - Nautical 3.5E D&D - Characters chosen  (Read 34210 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cogs and Corsairs - Nautical 3.5E D&D - Gauging Interest
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2010, 11:54:50 pm »

Yeah, I'm wondering if my swashbuckler/rogue would be redundant. I'll wait for your ok before getting excited about it.
Sorry, I was struck by a mood...

I was trying to figure out what was stopping multiple rolling, it seems like a lot of effort to go to for something that could be circumvented...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2010, 11:55:14 pm »

Remy Lumpwinkle, Gnome Rogue (could someone look over this? I can't help but feel I got the skills/feats wrong... Supposed to have 2 feats as a level 5 rogue, correct? and 90 skill points? I'm not sure if I actually put 90 in but the sheet says I did so...)
1d6-1=2, 1d6-1=1, 1d6-1=5, 1d6-1=0

I started filling in the boxes at the bottom but they're dumb so I'll just type stuff here too.
Rah rah, I could write that better but it's eaaaarly morning and I need sleep rah rah

note: this character would rely heavily on magical items rather than his own combat skills. Using wands, reading scrolls etc to incapacitate enemies without harm/buff allies. This character is really only interesting if there's a lot of roleplaying and no real emphasis on combat. (if we're getting into tough fights constantly, I wouldn't be a good character to bring, but if there is things to do besides fighting - say loot the ship while the party combats on deck or release prisoners/slaves in the brig to fight for us, I'd be great) If the campaign is going to gravitate more towards "There is a Kraken. Fight the Kraken. Now there are 2 aboleths. Kill all aboleths." then :c
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:09:18 am by Chutney »

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2010, 12:03:10 am »

Yeah, I'm wondering if my swashbuckler/rogue would be redundant. I'll wait for your ok before getting excited about it.
Sorry, I was struck by a mood...

I was trying to figure out what was stopping multiple rolling, it seems like a lot of effort to go to for something that could be circumvented...

Actually, since the fashion seems to go to rogue, i guess i'll go the other way. When i'll have a clearer head tommorow, ill present Math "the OX" Williamson, dumb muscle extraordinaire

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2010, 12:13:12 am »

Remy Lumpwinkle, Gnome Rogue (could someone look over this? I can't help but feel I got the skills/feats wrong...

The feats look okay, the health is all wrong though. You do not get a -1 to health (and even if you did the lowest you can gain per level is 1) so your health is at 19.

Also that is only 51 skill points. So ya, something is up.

Edit: You only get 80 skill points at this level also. (Lvl+3x10)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:18:55 am by Criptfeind »

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2010, 12:20:55 am »

Remy Lumpwinkle, Gnome Rogue (could someone look over this? I can't help but feel I got the skills/feats wrong...

The feats look okay, the health is all wrong though. You do not get a -1 to health (and even if you did the lowest you can gain per level is 1) so your health is at 19.

Also that is only 51 skill points. So ya, something is up.
oh, the health I must have rolled before I added the +2 const/-2 strength of gnomes... Hey, I'm a little more durable, yay!
Also, skills should be fixed now. dunno why it says I'm using almost 200 points...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2010, 12:25:19 am »

It's because most of them are checked off as cross-class, upping their cost.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2010, 12:27:02 am »

ahahahah, I checked them off as cross-class because for some reason I thought CC meant Class Skill... effin'

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2010, 12:29:33 am »

I see the issue, you have your cross class skills unchecked and your class skills checked.

Ninja'd

Edit: Now it looks like you are three points over.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:31:46 am by Criptfeind »

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2010, 12:44:53 am »

Anyone care to comment on mine?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2010, 12:57:02 am »

Um sure. The health of both the bard looks odd. The bard should have 13 and the fighter should have 50.

Ops oh wait, the fighter is fine.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2010, 01:14:37 am »

is my fighter ok, what about the flavour?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2010, 01:38:23 am »

Got a sheet up, might submit a kobold were-octopus later... I put a link to the sheet on a post in the first page... If someone else wants to do a kobold were-octopus I won't complain about idea-stealing...
Merfolk Druid
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2010, 01:41:53 am »

Birdy? She is okay although we are not supposed to get the equipment yet. Also you may want to hang off on naming the ship.

Also if we get the ship to ourselves who gets to be the captain?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2010, 01:55:42 am »

Oh, bother, only just noticed the setting information, well, umm, the character could still work, officer is a bit of a stretch, but they could probably function as something similar to a cabin boy or mascot...
Read the First Post!

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2010, 01:56:10 am »

All right, here is my go. http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=40061

And here is my abysmal hit roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2633692/

Comments?  Concerns?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31