Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Building a Golem, help needed.  (Read 3717 times)

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Building a Golem, help needed.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 04:25:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mabe im stupid or something but this one should be working....

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 05:49:22 pm »

is your error log spitting anything out?
Nom nom nom

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 07:43:25 pm »

not that i see

ST753M

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 10:17:52 pm »

If the problem is that it isn't showing up on the embark screen, you might have to add [COMMON_DOMESTIC] to the golem's raws.  Dwarves don't take along just anything [PET] that happens to be in the same biome as them (though I think I remember them taking along non-common domestic [MOUNT]s).

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 11:36:33 pm »

common domnestic should solve your problems. It seems a bit odd the dwarves wont use it as pet though, maybe some stuff changed there since 40d. You could export world map/info from legends, and use the population file to check if are any golems at all in the mountains.

And just a nitpick... [TISSUE_NAME:GRANITE:NP] can be [TISSUE_NAME:granite:NP]. This is just the name is in combat reports and medical diagnosis. The first one would get you messages like 'The bla strikes the golem in the leg, chipping the GRANITE'
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 03:09:47 am »

ok im back to trying to get this to work i have never gotten it to work like i wanted, with a ranged attack and all, and i still have no idea how to give it a custom tile like in the mayday set

i still have problems getting it to show up alot of the time

Gigify

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 05:20:25 am »

[CREATURE_TILE:'M'][COLOR:0:0:1]

This right here controls the tile used and the color of said tile I believe. Right now it looks like it shows up as an uppercase M... Color black I think? I forgot how the colors work, if it's just rgb or not.
The Mayday graphics use the M tile as well, apparently, from looking at the raws from DFG. I think this is because the graphics setting ignores this line? Yeah probably, except for creatures in placed cages I think, so it's be editing the graphics text files you want.
Are you using the Mayday pack? If so then I think you'll need to go to your graphics folder and edit graphics_mayday.txt and add this to the bottom of the file or I believe anywhere under where it says [TILE_PAGE:MANS][FILE:mayday/mans.png][TILE_DIM:16:16][PAGE_DIM:12:17]:
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:GRANITE_GOLEM]
   [DEFAULT:MANS:0:14:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
That would use the tile for the Bronze Colossus.
   [DEFAULT:MANS:1:14:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
And that would use the tile for the Iron Man.

You could also create your own tile and edit it in that mans.png, but you'd have to make sure it's in a valid spot and centered proper or it'll look messed up in game. You could put it right in the bottom left corner to make it easy and in that case that would mean you want to put in
   [DEFAULT:MANS:0:17:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

As for the  ranged attack, maybe a SOLID_GLOB attack with mat defined as granite boulders?

[MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:'X':SOLID_GLOB]

Where 'X' equals the name of the material projected as defined in the creature file.

I've never done this so I'm not sure how it works, I just grabbed that from the wiki. If I were you I'd look at some creatures who use attacks like this though, I believe some demons do but I don't know for sure.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 05:22:16 am by Gigify »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 05:26:52 am »

Right now it looks like it shows up as an uppercase M... Color black I think?

Dark grey on black.

[MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:'X':SOLID_GLOB]

The only thing that's changed from the default stone when it comes to granite is melting point, so you may as well just declare a material based on the stone template and change the name.

If I were you I'd look at some creatures who use attacks like this though, I believe some demons do but I don't know for sure.

Unless you're planning on trawling through some decompressed compiled files you'd be better off checking out magma crabs or something.

Gigify

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 05:42:13 am »

Yeah I've only done small edits on raws before, little edits to existing creatures or more recently making personal preference edits to things in mods and also just started playing DF again after two years so I'm not familiar with all this stuff though at times I find the complexity of it all even more interesting than the game itself. So thanks for the corrections.

So how would that breath attack work then?
[MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK:INORGANIC:GRANITE:SOLID_GLOB]
or
[MATERIAL_BREATH_ATTACK:STONE:GRANITE:SOLID_GLOB]
?

Also it may be better to use a LIQUID_GLOB attack now that I'm looking at this, solid glob may have an effect on creature behavior that is unlike what you're wanting it seems.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 05:46:49 am »

INORGANIC:GRANITE should work.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean about solid glob having an effect on creature behaviour...

Gigify

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 05:51:28 am »

Oh just looking at the tags in the wiki it says that creatures using solid glob tend to continue to use only that attack even if they're right next to the creature they're attacking regardless of whether they have other attacks to use. I'm not sure if the tag itself causes that or if it's the individual creatures using the tag just doing their thing, but it was worth mention on the page so I mentioned it. :P

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 05:58:03 am »

Hm. Useful to know. It looks like the breath attack will still work in a similar fashion to solid even in a liquid state, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 08:35:08 pm »

thats what i have so far but i cant embark with them so idk if thay even work

if fixing the capitalization doesn't help, try adding this reaction to the reaction raws (and the appropriate permissions in the entity raws)

[REACTION:GOLEM_BUILD]
[NAME:build golem]
[BUILDING:WORKSHOP_MASON:CUSTOM_SHIFT_G]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:PET:GRANITE_GOLEM:NONE:TRAINED_WAR]
[SKILL:MASONRY]
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 10:24:28 pm »

if fixing the capitalization doesn't help, try adding this reaction to the reaction raws (and the appropriate permissions in the entity raws)

Building pets doesn't "work" per say, as it makes it as you wanted, but you cannot control it, and such, it is almost useless unless it becomes butcher-able (which i don't think is possible when built)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2010, 12:15:55 am »

Building pets doesn't "work" per say, as it makes it as you wanted, but you cannot control it, and such, it is almost useless unless it becomes butcher-able (which i don't think is possible when built)

How about this? Will this work?

[REAGENT:CAGE:1:CAGE:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:PET:GRANITE_GOLEM:NONE:TRAINED_WAR][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:CAGE]
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 [2] 3