Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding a Quest Monster  (Read 904 times)

Conflict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding a Quest Monster
« on: July 31, 2010, 08:28:55 pm »

Didn't know if this would go in questions since it's not about Dwarf Fortress...

Anyways! I'm having troubles finding a quest monster. Three towns have given me the same quest to kill it. And well, apparently this Snake thing is *inside* another town. Well I'm currently there but I can't find it. I've looked everywhere. I'm still a bit new to Adventurer (Huge fan of fortress mode though), but could anyone give me some tips to find it?

Conflict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a Quest Monster
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:40:47 pm »

Okay, what. I went into some random house, and infront of my eyes was sitting the "ape monster law giver". I can talk to him and everything... Okay, well I guess I found him, but is that normal? I thought quest monsters dwell in caves..

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 08:48:44 pm »

this is one of the so called "civil war bug" where you get missions to kill a demon or titan that has fooled humans into beleiving it's one of them (though I cant see how if it's skinless has external ribs, is emaciated, and a tail, paws and wings...) if you 'A'ttack it, it will give the death talk and charge you, and so will that towns civilization, making it pointless to do that quest anyway cause you gain an enemy and wont be able to get the fame of killing a beast of that nature and returning, not on fire or disemboweled.

Conflict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 01:57:12 am »

Yep, you're right. She left the underworld and became their leader. Fun stuff, lol.

Also, the original thing that inspired me was this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxnYk7r_DuM&feature=related

What's this graphic pack? It's annoying to tell who's who without a graphic pack, lol.

EDIT: I think it's the one on here

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Graphics_set_repository

Chariot's Full Graphics Set (v0.97)

But whenever I attempt to install it, it just doesn't seem to work. Help? Instructions?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:04:49 am by Conflict »