Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: weirdest events that ever happpened to you  (Read 784 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
weirdest events that ever happpened to you
« on: July 31, 2010, 05:58:34 pm »

just post the weirdest thing that has happened to you in adv mode whether it be wolves exploding randomly or  just falling through the ground.
apparently i was doing one of those glacier travel thingies and somewhere along the way, a huge (square) chunk of ice burst from the surface, just barely missing me and turning me into a a pile of mush/ice cube.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: weirdest events that ever happpened to you
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 01:48:07 am »

My weirdest moment would have to be the time I kept on throwing a knife at a dragon but it kept on glancing away,so I threw snow at it and the snow bruised its organs.

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 02:31:56 pm »

so i messed around with DF, i wanted to clear out a town so i can emback on top of it and gets tons of wealth (=tons of immigrants) so i went there as an adventurer, gave my self super stats and made my self a skeleton (to avoid ACCIDENTS) i killed one human, then 3 humans and an axeman pile up on me, i kill 2 and the wierd thing happened:

axeman hits me and it gets deflected off my iron chainmail, and
necro has collapsed
and suddenly i die. i spit out a WTF, make a new adventurer, i go to the spot where i died, and it seems my corpse disappeared, as well as all the items. i look around and see items scattered around, pretty far from where i died, and a random corpse ontop of my sword. i can only guess that my adventurer was a specop exploding skeletal dwarf, and all the items got caught in the explosion and got flung around.

another one was when i got stuck in a pit, i tried to teleport my self out but instead my adventurer pretty much vanished from existence and i got to know what is it like playing as a groundhog.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 02:40:58 pm »

My weirdest moment was one of my best :D

I was knocked unconscious by a compound fracture. This human approaches and starts beating on me (I had killed most of the townies) when suddenly he turns red and a little 2 goes flying backwards. I awoke, and hit 'a'. Apparently, while unconscious, I had counterstriked his head off.

Best mini-bug ever.

Glech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 07:49:03 pm »

As soon as I got to a town, its mayor died of old age.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 08:11:52 pm »

The sky fell on me. Honest to God. The first cavern level was floating in mid air, above ground. It fell on me, crushing me to death.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62409.0
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.