Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: You grab the amazon fighter by the....  (Read 9015 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: You grab the amazon fighter by the....
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2010, 01:42:36 pm »

As for this game hitting FATAL levels of perversion... I hate to break it to you, but we're already a bunch of raw-intestines eating, childfall-creating, Goblin-Fortress making, blood pool for the blood god clamoring, slave-wanting, elf and kitten torturous and genocidal group, here.  If rock bottom yet lies below us, it isn't very far.  (I think the thing that sets us apart from FATAL at this point is forced abortions by melee combat (I.E. the "FALCON PUNCH" crowd), extremely detailed play-by-play rules for sex/rape, and an obvious hardon for professional wrestling.  Heck, you can even roll for anal circumference if you mod anuses into your creatures.)

Dwarf Fortress actually also already has forced abortions by melee combat, or just being beaten up. I've seen no end of female, newly married mayors get beaten up by tantrumming haulers who wanted to be consoled, and then have the "Had a miscarriage lately" thought appear in their heads. Usually the mayor goes insane shortly after.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2010, 01:46:13 pm »

Now that you mention it, I does seem like this thread was engineered by someone in a certain political party to cause chaos and disorder among the ranks of the forums. Then said person could in, theory, emerge as the leader of said party and take over the forum government, and then cremate all the beardless forumites. Hail to the chief, baby!
Actually that was my intention. So.... Baw bow to my will!!!
Human Dwarf Spellcheck to the rescue! Fix'd
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2010, 01:50:00 pm »

If you are offended by reality, I offer fast way out, involving a few gram of lead.

Yoink!  :D

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2010, 01:53:09 pm »

As for this game hitting FATAL levels of perversion... I hate to break it to you, but we're already a bunch of raw-intestines eating, childfall-creating, Goblin-Fortress making, blood pool for the blood god clamoring, slave-wanting, elf and kitten torturous and genocidal group, here.  If rock bottom yet lies below us, it isn't very far.  (I think the thing that sets us apart from FATAL at this point is forced abortions by melee combat (I.E. the "FALCON PUNCH" crowd), extremely detailed play-by-play rules for sex/rape, and an obvious hardon for professional wrestling.  Heck, you can even roll for anal circumference if you mod anuses into your creatures.)

Dwarf Fortress actually also already has forced abortions by melee combat, or just being beaten up. I've seen no end of female, newly married mayors get beaten up by tantrumming haulers who wanted to be consoled, and then have the "Had a miscarriage lately" thought appear in their heads. Usually the mayor goes insane shortly after.

... And thus, we are one step closer to FATAL than I suspected.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2010, 02:10:51 pm »

Honestly, I can't imagine why Toady wouldn't want the moral crusaders getting all up in his business. Donations would triple, no joke.

Even more fun would be if a firefighting technique usable by half the population was implemented.. well, those that haven't had a certain severed part fly off in an arc.

Edit: Seriously? Moral crusaders? Here? We've already got a waterfall made of children, teenage girls being beaten with axes, temper tantrums involving maces, fell moods, animal torture, clowns, and all kinds of gruesome M-rated stuff. We've got decapitation and limb removal galore. Why does it only become a problem when it happens to someone's PINGAS?
One word: Lawsuit.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2010, 02:30:16 pm »

Honestly, I can't imagine why Toady wouldn't want the moral crusaders getting all up in his business. Donations would triple, no joke.

Even more fun would be if a firefighting technique usable by half the population was implemented.. well, those that haven't had a certain severed part fly off in an arc.

Edit: Seriously? Moral crusaders? Here? We've already got a waterfall made of children, teenage girls being beaten with axes, temper tantrums involving maces, fell moods, animal torture, clowns, and all kinds of gruesome M-rated stuff. We've got decapitation and limb removal galore. Why does it only become a problem when it happens to someone's PINGAS?

Your Honor, the moral and psychological health of my only son was jeopardized today when, on his computer, he had downloaded the dwarf game made by this frog-man, upon which he did see the word "penis" greyed out. On reading the log files we found out that the severed part had, and I quote, "sailed off in an arc". We demand damages of twelve million dollars for his exposure to such material.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2010, 02:33:19 pm »

Most problems can easily be removed with a little warning message similar to LCS, but a tad more sensible.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2010, 02:39:42 pm »

Even more fun would be if a firefighting technique usable by half the   population was implemented.. well, those that haven't had a certain   severed part fly off in an arc.

Edit: Seriously? Moral crusaders? Here? We've already got a waterfall made of children, teenage girls being beaten with axes,   temper tantrums involving maces, fell moods, animal torture, clowns,   and all kinds of gruesome M-rated stuff. We've got decapitation and limb   removal galore. Why does it only become a problem when it happens to   someone's PINGAS?

Your Honor, the moral and psychological health of my only son was   jeopardized today when, on his computer, he had downloaded the dwarf   game made by this frog-man, upon which he did see the word "penis"   greyed out. On reading the log files we found out that the severed part   had, and I quote, "sailed off in an arc". We demand damages of twelve   million dollars for his exposure to such material.

Can they even do that? Toady does not advertise DF nor does he sell copies. As such DF is even more a work of art then a Game. Its like sueing a museum because they have a replica of leonardos david or some Dürer pictures with (half-)Naked woman.

edit: Spelled Dürer wrong.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 02:53:32 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2010, 02:46:14 pm »

Even more fun would be if a firefighting technique usable by half the   population was implemented.. well, those that haven't had a certain   severed part fly off in an arc.

Edit: Seriously? Moral crusaders? Here? We've already got a waterfall made of children, teenage girls being beaten with axes,   temper tantrums involving maces, fell moods, animal torture, clowns,   and all kinds of gruesome M-rated stuff. We've got decapitation and limb   removal galore. Why does it only become a problem when it happens to   someone's PINGAS?

Your Honor, the moral and psychological health of my only son was   jeopardized today when, on his computer, he had downloaded the dwarf   game made by this frog-man, upon which he did see the word "penis"   greyed out. On reading the log files we found out that the severed part   had, and I quote, "sailed off in an arc". We demand damages of twelve   million dollars for his exposure to such material.

Can they even do that? Toady does not advertise DF nor does he sell copies. As such DF is even more a work of art then a Game. Its like sueing a museum because they have a replica of leonardos david or some Dürür pictures with (half-)Naked woman.

I think that may have been hits point, such a complaint is absurd.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2010, 02:48:55 pm »

Can they even do that?

Not with any hope of victory, they can't. More realistically, Toady's probably worried about getting harassed over email by various groups with sticks up their asses. He's too much of a busy Beelzebufo to deal with shit like that.

DF, even in its current incarnation, probably does need a disclaimer, though. An epic disclaimer.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2010, 03:01:39 pm »

Think about it for a second guys, its the beards.

The bigger a dwarves beard the better, the longer the more lady dwarves they will get, and the more cats will follow them.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2010, 03:06:49 pm »

Can they even do that? Toady does not advertise DF nor does he sell copies. As such DF is even more a work of art then a Game. Its like sueing a museum because they have a replica of leonardos david or some Dürer pictures with (half-)Naked woman.

edit: Spelled Dürer wrong.

Actually, museums do occasionally get protests, lawsuits, and boycotts because of things like nudity or art that ridicules religion or someone painting a black Jesus or something along those lines.

If you're lucky, the curator will personally come out and flip the protesters the bird while saying, in far more polite legalese, "It's ART, bitches! Nuthin' you can do about it!"

I would say that the reason Toady doesn't put it in is more the "unnecessary" part than anything else... I mean, Hell, we already have forced abortions by violence, apparently, alongside a player base that basically tries to rival Hitler in terms of raw genocidal malevolence and pointless cruelty.  What could you possibly add in terms of game content that REALLY makes something like that worse?

The only thing that would bring down moral guardians is actually having pictures, because nobody cares about text descriptions of sex, it's only actually seeing a woo-woo or a taa-taa on screen that sets the Helen Lovejoys off.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2010, 03:50:33 pm »

*Dr Cox voice*: Gosh Barbie its vagiana and penis get over it.

Seriously we should all grown up enough to call genitalia by theyr names. 

Black jesus: Chances are good that he was more the Arabian/caucasian Type then this halfblonde straight haired white idol but that is another discussion.

As for the playerbase ... well its not like they harm anyone in reality by doing it in df and the biggest part of this community is pretty tame - geeks, furrys, girls and all the akwardness of the internet but still pretty tame. Sure you have one or two extreme examples but which (average) community has no more extreme members?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:55:56 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Leperous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2010, 04:05:51 pm »

You have here a simulator which lets you drown/melt/impale/? babies, if you so feel, and you're saying the developer is worried about including breasts as a body part that you can't even see? Really? That's about as dumb as suggesting that Alyx from Half-Life 2 should have a male hit-box.

Methinks we have here an untrue comment that's growing out of control. Or an over-sensitive developer. I understand that some people have a problem with the visual, possibly sexual, representation of these objects in places where children might encounter them, but come on.

Personally, I think we have too many body parts at the moment (do we really need to know about the status of each finger? Its temperature, its wounds? And yet dwarves can't figure out which is their own bed? ???) and there's no need to differentiate breasts from the upper torso. Besides, male dwarves probably have moobs too.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 04:13:53 pm by Leperous »

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2010, 04:17:19 pm »

You have here a simulator which lets you drown/melt/impale/? babies, if you so feel, and you're saying the developer is worried about including breasts as a body part that you can't even see? Really? That's about as dumb as suggesting that Alyx from Half-Life 2 should have a male hit-box.

Methinks we have here an untrue comment that's growing out of control. Or an over-sensitive developer. I understand that some people have a problem with the visual, possibly sexual, representation of these objects in places where children might encounter them, but come on.
Hey, hey, hey, don't compare the art of dead-baby comedy to 12 year olds inevitably giggling at breast-grab messages...

In all seriousness, I don't think it would add anything good to the game. Other than tasteless humor. Groin attacks would be fine though, since the make sense combat-wise. Grabbing someone by the mammaries, not so much. The clothes or armor in the way of such attack provide a much better handle anyway.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6