Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Please let us mill specific plants at Querns and Millstones.  (Read 488 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

I have been trying to write a utility for this.. and I can't do it in a way that I am happy with and I defiantly don't want any more dwarven sugar lol.

The game won't let you add custom reactions to querns and millstones. You could build a custom workshop, but custom workshops can't be powered. Furthermore, the custom workshop doesn't quite work the same....

The best thing to do would be to add it under the kitchen menu.. you already have it so you can select if things can be cooked or brewed. Please let us select if something can be milled.

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Moddan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Please let us mill specific plants at Querns and Millstones.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 10:00:30 am »

Maybe that is an advantage that could come from the guilds that will probably be added. A mason's guild could let you chose the kind of stone used for a specific job or the farmer's guild could let you specify what exactly is going to be milled. Without the guild's know-how, the clueless organiser has no idea of the different kinds of stones or what plants can be processed.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Please let us mill specific plants at Querns and Millstones.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 10:38:17 am »

I will support this, especially as we start adding more crops into the roster with Improved Farming.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare