Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cannibal questions  (Read 960 times)

Syntic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cannibal questions
« on: July 31, 2010, 08:24:04 am »

So a buddy of mine was looking at DF and saw the butcher shop, and asked if your dwarfs could go all Sweeney Todd on other dwarfs. I started to ask him why you would even want to, and then the answer came to me before the question even came to my mouth. Because it could create FUN.

So my question: Is there a variable you can change anywhere that makes dwarfs just as usable for things such as food and leather working, as a cow is usable for such things?

Also is there a variable you can change anywhere that can make dwarfs pets? I figure it would be funny for dwarfs to have other dwarfs slaves.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal questions
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:45:42 am »

With a regen, you can change ethics so dwarves have no problem butchering sentient species - it's not enough to get them to butcher each other though but at least you can now mass produce goblin/elf tallow biscuits.

With slightly more extensive modding, it IS possible to make a caste of dwarves into livestock. There is a story of a dwarf who milked her husband then slaughtered him and cooked his meat in his milk.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 09:36:59 am »

There is a story of a dwarf who milked her husband then slaughtered him and cooked his meat in his milk.
This is DF, what did you expect?

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 09:56:14 am »

With slightly more extensive modding, it IS possible to make a caste of dwarves into livestock. There is a story of a dwarf who milked her husband
Eww Eww EWWW!

Syntic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 11:01:32 am »

I'm not even sure I want to know what that milk was.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 09:26:03 pm »

Fell moods cause their victim, i.e. Urist McSweeney to butcher a fellow dwarf and make a 100% dwarfganic artifact.
くコ:彡

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 01:34:29 am »

Story of a psycho dwarf wife

Now that's just over the edge.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 03:09:48 am »

I have a question about the murder moods,what if the dwarf has nobody to kill or the person who he was going to kill (and the only other person in the fortress) got atom smashed?

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 03:21:28 am »

I assume it would be like any other failed mood and end in madness. In that case, it would be the end of the fortress.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.