Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Pokéthulhu Orange [UPDATE: 25] [HIATUS]  (Read 108394 times)

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 21] [STEALTH MODE / OFFLINE]
« Reply #330 on: August 10, 2010, 12:57:29 pm »

You know, those Pokethulhu aren't that bad. Maybe it's because I recognize the pokemon parts they were cobbled together from.

For example, Cthonitoise is simply a Squirtle with a shelled water-type pokemon for a head.

Oh, and as a bonus, here's a link to one of the pictures you probably saw on that clip board:-X

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 21] [STEALTH MODE / http://db.tt/E2iB8c]
« Reply #331 on: August 10, 2010, 05:45:56 pm »

Okay, voting's over, and a casual glance makes it look like Zoth-Saur is the winner (even discarding RAM's attempt to vote for it three times and Chthontoise once). I'll do a better tally and we'll go Live in probably an hour or so.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 10, 2010, 05:49:38 pm »

chweet

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 10, 2010, 07:15:49 pm »

It's a hard decision. You're caught up between Zoth-Saur and Chthonitoise. Charitoom looks interesting, but there's just something about the other two that catch your eye. You can feel Willow's eyes boring into you and you feel what you hope is sweat start to trickle down your brow. This is big. This could change everything.

You choose Zoth-Saur.

Willow nods as you take the Pokeseal containing Zoth-Saur.

"Zoth-Saur is a powerful 'thulhu. You've chosen well. Beware though that it prefers to finish of their Cultists by strangling them in their sleep. Always be wary. And always remember it's true name - to command it with such is the key to it bending to your will."

Willow sighs and continues.

"There is still one more step before you can truly be called a Pokethulhu Cultist. You require a POKENOMICRON. I can assemble and imbue these, but I lack the materials on-hand. In the old days, we'd flay a square of flesh from the backs of the Cultists themselves to create it. Fortunately for you, these days we grow the skin artificially. I need you to travel to Archid Village and meet with an old friend of mine - he's been leathering a batch for me and it should be done by now. Consider reaching there and coming back in one piece proof enough to me you deserve this. Go on, then. You've wasted enough time already."

As you head out the door, you hear Willow shout one last thing.

"And remember - trust no-one!"

The world can't be all that bad, you think. I mean, you've managed to survive well enough up until now. It hasn't been easy, but it hasn't been bad, either. Maybe Willow's just too caught up in his own world of misery to see that things are-

You hear a KER-SPLASH to your right.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Orange [UPDATE: 22] [LIVE]
« Reply #334 on: August 10, 2010, 07:18:30 pm »

oh good she's dead,

go over to the lake and check it out

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 10, 2010, 07:18:54 pm »

The old lady just jumped/fell in the water didn't she? Go check on her. At the slightest hint of anything weird, RUN.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 10, 2010, 07:24:28 pm »

It's Old Hag Mother. She's in the water, somehow. It's strange... she doesn't seem to be fighting or splashing much. You can tell she's not going to last forever, though - her head is already starting to dip below water. You try shouting for help but no-one answers. You spot Fat Husband - he turns away. He knows what's happening but he doesn't care enough to help. She's.... damnit, just out of reach. Fuck, if you had chosen Chthonitoise, he might be able to help. You think about going back and pleading for the Professor to use it, but there's no time.

If only you could swim. If only you could reach her, somehow.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Orange [UPDATE: 23] [LIVE]
« Reply #337 on: August 10, 2010, 07:25:20 pm »

TENTACLES
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 10, 2010, 07:29:02 pm »

TENTACLES
...Wow, for once in the history of the internet that's actually a good idea. Pull her out of there.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 10, 2010, 07:31:49 pm »

TENTACLES
...Wow, for once in the history of the internet that's actually a good idea. Pull her out of there.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 10, 2010, 07:42:33 pm »

TENTACLES

Of course! Zoth-Saur's tentacles should be able to reach her!

She's getting further and further away.

Zoth-Saur! I summon you! Use your tentacles on the old woman!

With a flash and the smell of ozone, Zoth-Saur appears. He hisses at you and seems pained at your command. Begrudgingly the mass of tentacles on his back begin to slither out, slowly at first, but then all at once, in a great rush. They make contact with Old Hag Mother and-

They begin to rip great gouts of flesh off her. The water becomes dark, stained. You plead for Zoth-Saur to stop but it's already too late. She... she doesn't even scream. She turns to look at you. She's... happy. There's a sadness in her eyes. It's more than just the pain from Zoth-Saur's tentacles. It's a relief. It's over for her. She lived for far too long and now she can say goodbye.

Without a sound, she slips below the waves.

You command Zoth-Saur back into his Pokeseal.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Orange [UPDATE: 24] [LIVE]
« Reply #341 on: August 10, 2010, 07:44:56 pm »

...oops? Note to self: Pokethulhu aren't good at non-violence.

Well, time to get going I guess. Northward ho! Through the tall grass!

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2010, 07:54:37 pm »

or just say a command better than, "use your tentacles" like, lift her out of the water with your tentacles, or, grab her with your tentacles and drag her back onto the land... either one still ahs potential to be dangerous, but less so than just USE!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2010, 07:55:20 pm »

So if we want to return colour to the world we just have to release it from its containment...

Spare a moment to respect the old lady and her accomplishments, then make a run for it, maybe nobody who cares saw anything. We do, after-all, have some human skin to retrieve...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2010, 08:09:02 pm »

Why can't we just use the hag's skin?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27