Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Pokéthulhu Orange [UPDATE: 25] [HIATUS]  (Read 108491 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 19] [LIVE]
« Reply #255 on: August 06, 2010, 07:10:15 pm »

Knock
This. A million times this. When a creepy scientist tells you not to enter somewhere without knocking you do not question it. You obey and hope it prevents Terrible Things from happening.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 06, 2010, 07:10:50 pm »

Knock loudly.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 06, 2010, 07:14:57 pm »

Look through the window in the door. If it looks like your head isn't going to explode, go inside.

The windows are filthy, so it's hard to get a good look inside. You can't see anything immediately life-threatening, though.

...is that a giant hole?

Knock

You decide not to risk it. You knock on the door. You wait a few seconds and hear a gruff shout of "It's open." by either the Professor or someone who's very good at imitating him. Right. At least whatever's in there is in a talkative mood this time.

Time to brave it.

Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 20] [LIVE]
« Reply #258 on: August 06, 2010, 07:17:04 pm »

1. read sign by hole.
2. read poster on shelves.
3. talk to the prof.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 06, 2010, 07:18:47 pm »

Read the two things that are clearly marked AND NOTHING ELSE. Then talk to the Professor.

EDIT: When you talk to him, ask how he's managed to stay alive so long despite researching such deadly creatures.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2010, 07:19:02 pm »

Check his television. after... speaking to him, of course. You should also probably ask about that before you do it.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2010, 07:21:34 pm »

Read the two things that are clearly marked AND NOTHING ELSE. Then talk to the Professor.

EDIT: When you talk to him, ask how he's managed to stay alive so long despite researching such deadly creatures.

^^^ This.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 06, 2010, 07:42:33 pm »

Yeah, that strikes me as a good plan.

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 06, 2010, 07:43:20 pm »

For politeness, you should probably talk to him before looking at his stuff. Or talk to him while looking at his stuff (What's this hole here for? style of thing). Or just don't look at his stuff, since if it has any useful information about Pokethulu, it'll probably be in some ancient, dead language anyway, and if it's not about Pokethulu, there's no point in reading it.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 06, 2010, 07:59:32 pm »

Talk to professor, then check the signs.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 06, 2010, 08:00:46 pm »

Talk to professor, then check the signs.

This.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 06, 2010, 08:01:31 pm »

1. read sign by hole.
2. read poster on shelves.
3. talk to the prof.

Check his television. after... speaking to him, of course. You should also probably ask about that before you do it.

The sign simply says "Do not feed. It lies."

The pit itself is too dark to see the bottom of. You can't hear anything moving down there but there's... this smell. Like wet dirt and copper.

It's a clipboard. Some kind of medical thing. You can't really make heads or tails of it. There's pie charts, bar graphs, an- ew. Dissection drawings. Whatever the Professor was working on, it looked vaguely bipedal. And it'd certainly be feeling a lot worse about itself after all this was done to it. There's pages and pages of notes here - ramblings about shock therapy, blood transfusions, organs aligning to the black star, Neruxithas. A lot of it goes over your head.

"Have fun rooting around down there while those of us who had better things to do waited around?" snaps the Professor. You'd say you've angered him, but you're pretty sure existing in the first place is cause enough for the Professor to take issue with you.

"Well, you're here now. Welcome to the end of you life, Johnny. I won't like to you. I won't mollycoddle you like other Professors do. It's my job to make sure that you last more than two minutes out there, and I won't do it by lying to you.

The world is dangerous. It is more than dangerous - it is malicious. It will not sit by and idly watch and you achieve and live. It will actively attempt to harm, maim, kill, disappoint, and frighten you. It does not care about your dreams. It has an agenda, and that agenda doesn't involve you in any positive way. It will use you, drain you, and spit your body out to rot in the wilderness somewhere. Most people out there die afraid and miserable.

As a Pokethulhu Cultist, you've chosen a path that many hope will offer escape. To prove yourself by taming the elements that threaten our existence. Some will look to you with hope. Others will look to you with fear. You will be loved and hated. This is your path. This is who you are now. To prove yourself the mightiest, you must face a series of physical, mental, and spiritual challenges posed to you by the local POKETHULHU TEMPLES, each dedicated to a different aspect and nature of these creatures. They will not be easy.

There is a good chance you will die trying. Or, if not die, then something worse.

On this table here you see three pokeseals. They are innocuous round stones, each marked with seemingly simple sigils. Within each are bound POKETHULHUS. This creatures will be your tools with which you shall shape the land. Do not love them. Do not trust them. They have an animalistic mind - simple, savage, but full of hate. Do not let your guard down when using them. While you are their master, they will obey you, if begrudgingly. But as they grow in power, so will they grow strong enough to challenge their binding seals.

One of these will be your weapon. Choose wisely."

He motions to the table beside him.

"The first seal contains ZOTH-SAUR. This is a vile mass of vegetation and flesh. The tangled mess of vines that grow from it's back can be used to attack or manipulate opponents and objects."

"The second seal contains CHARITHOOM. This creature sweats a flammable jelly that aids it in delivering powerful heat-based attacks."

"The third and last seal contains CHTHONITOISE. It has many spiral shells that allow for a formidable defence."

"By questioning everything. By trusting no-one. In all things, to try and see beyond what is there. I suspect the only reason that I have lived so long is that the Powers have some special hell reserved for me yet in this life. But I will not meet it silently."

Your mind races. Which Pokethulhu do you choose? Are you ready for this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 21] [STEALTH MODE / OFFLINE]
« Reply #267 on: August 06, 2010, 08:06:58 pm »

As I can only assume that, instead of the actual Pokemon games, fighting involves killing the opponent, I'd say CHARITHOOM. Setting things on fire is probably going to prove much more of a boon than it would if it was nonlethal.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 06, 2010, 08:07:55 pm »

Two typos: a missing r in "your," and an added "k" in "lie."

I'm voting for the creepy fire one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2010, 08:09:04 pm »

CHARITHOOM

With

ZOTH-SAUR in second. The potential to literally tear a advisory in half.

Edit: Zoth-Saur- the elder god type (because of the tentacles)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 08:18:22 pm by TheBroodyMoods »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27