Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 318096 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25] Fortress Defense Mod II v9: Tin-Bearing Blendecs!
« Reply #570 on: November 19, 2011, 06:16:55 pm »

I discovered that it is possible to generate word with hostile, named enemies.

1) remove [ITEM_THIEF] from entities (goblins, kobolds)
2) add [ITEM_THIEF] to your entity (dwarfs) and peaceful (humans, elves)
3) add [CAN_SPEAK] to DF creatures

As bonus: kobolds are hyperactive (10 ambushes, 3 killed soldiers, starting tantrum spiral) - what may or may not be related to removal of  [ITEM_THIEF] from their entity.

This is likely related to the low default progress trigger set for kobolds. In normal games, the ITEM_THIEF tag prevents the kobolds from being too aggressive unless they steal tons of loot. Without that limitation, they are free to wreak havoc from the get go.

I think that's the [SKULKING] tag...

On the other hand, an entity that doesn't steal items can hardly fulfill the requirements of the SKULKING tag, can it? The game might then ignore the item theft requirements anyway. I might test this...
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 21, 2011, 05:45:32 am »

n/m
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:49:40 am by nil »

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 26, 2011, 11:59:52 pm »

Are great fiend spiders supposed to leave webs all over the place? How can I stop them from appearing everywhere?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 27, 2011, 08:07:15 pm »

Are great fiend spiders supposed to leave webs all over the place? How can I stop them from appearing everywhere?

Are you talking about inside player fortresses after a siege? If so, that is intended behavior.

However, I suspect you are referring to the occasional Dwarf Fortress "feature" that fills biomes randomly with webs of random arachnid species. This can happen for other species of spiders; the underworld can be covered with Giant Cave Spider webs, and certain forests can be filled with Phantom Spider webs.

The only solution I know of is removing the WEBBER tag from the offending spiders. However, I suggest that you merely take the webs as a flavorful environmental feature and roll with them.

ZZmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 05, 2011, 07:43:22 am »

Oh man this was fun totally unprepared for the night wings sent someone out to attack that that had danger room training they killed him stormed the fort and killed every one. all because i didn't train anyone for ranged attacking. heheh
DK advisor quote was the message thingy of DF with: "Uric Glodson does a wonderful impression of the baron, he can even do the nose. He has been sentenced to 40 hammerstrikes for his insolence."

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 05, 2011, 04:30:31 pm »

Oh man this was fun totally unprepared for the night wings sent someone out to attack that that had danger room training they killed him stormed the fort and killed every one. all because i didn't train anyone for ranged attacking. heheh

Just as planned >: D

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 16, 2011, 10:36:08 pm »

Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!

Hey frag I was sneaking around the perimeter of your thread and saw your ☼Mod☼ in an unprotected depot so I added it to mine. Thank you and see you next siege.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #577 on: December 19, 2011, 06:11:38 am »

have to ask:
is this compatible with genesis mod?
and with tilesets? (ironhand)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 19, 2011, 08:53:23 pm »

have to ask:
is this compatible with genesis mod?
and with tilesets? (ironhand)

All the entities in Fortress Defense have "FD" added somewhere in their title, so they should be unique as far as I know. Not sure about graphics set compatibility, I've never used a graphics set extensively before.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 20, 2011, 12:10:49 am »

The graphics sets refer to the _FD creatures, so I hope there will be no problems. I'm dealing with finals and term papers at the moment so I don't have the luxury of time to check.

Fortress Defense was designed to be compatible with other mods via the use of the unique tags as DrKillPatient specifies above. However, it also assumes that vanilla weapons, armor, and symbols are preserved. It is necessary for helmets, high boots, and so on to exist.

Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!

Hey frag I was sneaking around the perimeter of your thread and saw your ☼Mod☼ in an unprotected depot so I added it to mine. Thank you and see you next siege.

No problem. You have my permission to combine the two mods as you wish, as long as you credit me ;)

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 01, 2012, 09:02:55 pm »

I was fiddling with the raws and noticed that there were no [  ] around BONECARN in the Kobold creature_standard.txt file. Is that a typo or does it relate to keeping them from starving to death during worldgen? You'd think something that's been gifted with [NO_EAT] couldn't starve.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 01, 2012, 11:53:03 pm »

I was fiddling with the raws and noticed that there were no [  ] around BONECARN in the Kobold creature_standard.txt file. Is that a typo or does it relate to keeping them from starving to death during worldgen? You'd think something that's been gifted with [NO_EAT] couldn't starve.

You'd also think that something that doesn't eat is unlikely to be a BONECARN  :P

I don't remember whether NO_EAT overwrites BONECARN when the game interprets the raws. Feel free to fix the square brackets and see for yourself. However, it's unlikely to mean much in the grand scheme of kobold existence or non-existence...unless there're other uses of BONECARN that I'm not familiar with.

When I'm not struggling over papers due in two days, and when there is a new version of Fortress Defense to make compatible with the new DF version, I'll reevaluate the dietary needs of kobolds  ;)

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 04, 2012, 09:16:34 pm »

I'd like to say that I deeply enjoy this mod, first of all, and that I couldn't fathom going back to just vanilla goblins.

However, I have one issue. My troops are good enough to fight off pretty large invasions, but it seems like all the armies attack at the same general time. It basically goes like this:

"A vile force of darkness has arrived!"

Oh, uh, Beak Wolves? OK, set burrows, mobilize army, etc.

White Tigermen AND Beak Wolves? No probl-

HOLY ARMOK ARE THOSE WARWOLV-

"Your strength has been broken."

So, I don't know how you could fix that and it's probably been mentioned before. Maybe make them attack less frequently? Dealing with three squads of steel-armored elephants while dealing with four squads of copper-clad tigers and two squads of goblins while defending from another ambush? That's just unfair! Yet, strangely !!FUN!!
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #583 on: January 04, 2012, 09:31:39 pm »

You could add or remove just the entity-files you want. Just go to raw/objects and take out half of them, and you have half as many invasions.

@darkflagrance: I linked to your mod in the thread of mine, since they are fully compatible. Only 2 minor bugs showed up in the errorlog, and i fixed them. Just so you know :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #584 on: January 04, 2012, 09:34:54 pm »

I enjoy the buildup of invaders, because now when I am super powerful. I can still get owned, in which I reclaim and try to pry it back and try again.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 80