Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 317758 times)

Psychobones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] Fortress Defense Mod II v4: Enemies May Evaporate Upon Death
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2011, 11:20:00 pm »

Having issues with a fairly odd bug. It seems that my military refuses to pick up their weapons after an unknown event. The equipment screen claims they have them, however they don't fight with them, and they don't have them in their inventory screen. Sometimes they'll even use a different weapon. I have a legendary speardwarf training with a warhammer, as well as a legendary axedwarf now trying to become a wrestler(and succeeding). In my vanilla version of DF this isn't an issue, it only occurs in my defense mod version. Related to defense mod or just a fluke?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2011, 11:34:31 pm »

Just a fluke. FD doesnt change how dwarves use their equipments.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2011, 05:06:21 am »

But why dogs can have owners? I never noticed it in vanilia.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2011, 05:14:36 am »

Immigrants sometimes arrive with their own pet, usually cats or dogs.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2011, 05:41:00 am »

Does this mod change combat mechanics as well? Because for the first time ever I'm starting to lose military dwarves. Which is good.

In any case, I love this mod. The amount of sieges makes building defensive positions a necessity. I got attacked by 48 stranglers on camels yesterday. Followed by some forty tigermen, riding war grizzly bears and alligators. Followed by another fifty or so stranglers on camels. And after that two goblin ambushes showed up. All in a single month. My mountain is already littered with corpses and my hallway has blood smeared on nearly every wall and floor tile. Exactly the way it should be.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2011, 10:11:12 am »

Probably enemies have higher combat statistics than goblins.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2011, 10:30:11 pm »

Does this mod change combat mechanics as well? Because for the first time ever I'm starting to lose military dwarves. Which is good.

In any case, I love this mod. The amount of sieges makes building defensive positions a necessity. I got attacked by 48 stranglers on camels yesterday. Followed by some forty tigermen, riding war grizzly bears and alligators. Followed by another fifty or so stranglers on camels. And after that two goblin ambushes showed up. All in a single month. My mountain is already littered with corpses and my hallway has blood smeared on nearly every wall and floor tile. Exactly the way it should be.

Yeah, the enemies are definitely tougher. Just wait till hellfire imps :P
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2011, 03:18:15 pm »

Goblin Spear-men riding cave crocodiles..... deadliest thing I've encountered.  I had two squads of them rip though my 50 man army, which had successfully defeated huge armies of stranglers, tigermen, and even a number of fiend spider ambushes.... yet I only killed one crocodile and 3 goblins... man did you do something to the crocodiles skin? 
Nom nom nom

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2011, 04:18:10 pm »

Goblin Spear-men riding cave crocodiles..... deadliest thing I've encountered.  I had two squads of them rip though my 50 man army, which had successfully defeated huge armies of stranglers, tigermen, and even a number of fiend spider ambushes.... yet I only killed one crocodile and 3 goblins... man did you do something to the crocodiles skin?
well ... a moat 2-3 tiles wide filled with water makes that threat half :)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2011, 08:10:26 pm »

I'm pretty sure FD doesnt touch crocs or goblins at all. On a side note, empty moat keep both goblins and crocs away.

maxs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 19, 2011, 12:14:58 am »

This mod looks really fun, just a quick question: is it compatible with tilesets? (phoebus specifically).. sorry if this has been answered before, I only made a cursory glance through this massive thread.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2011, 12:30:55 am »

This mod looks really fun, just a quick question: is it compatible with tilesets? (phoebus specifically).. sorry if this has been answered before, I only made a cursory glance through this massive thread.
all the creatures are not represented with custom graphics and thus appear as plain characters such as 'O' 's' or 'T'

fervor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2011, 03:36:35 pm »

Is there a quick way to tell whether the mod is working or not?  Running basic.  Install is simple, so no way I messed that up.  Can I find out how many enemy civilizations there are?

I'm at 46 dwarves, year and half so far, and it's been boring.  One thief and that's it.  The civilization window doesn't list anything unusual (human, dwarf, elf, goblin, kobold).  Is it too soon?  The first post in this thread said to expect attacks at 20 dwarves?  Maybe that 1st civilization didn't spawn on my map or it's dead already?

I have 5 dwarves fully outfitted in iron (with additional cloth and leather layers) and ready for some action, along with a huge pack of war dogs.  Plenty more iron armor/weapons already made if I need some untrained fodder.  I have a lot of steel ready for forging once my armor/weapon smiths level up a bit in a season or two.

In the embark settings, I had 50 civilizations for a medium region map.  Is that enough?  If I set it at something crazy like 500 (or whatever is the max...100?), would I endure constant sieges?

fervor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2011, 04:11:44 pm »

Oh, hmm...  I did some searching and I answered some of my own questions.

The civilization window only lists the ones that have visited me already or something like that?  Also, I can see a list of the other civilizations during the embark setup process.  Tab to see a list of neighbors.

I just started another map as a test.  100 civilizations over 200 years.  Neighbors include 9 of the 10 civs from this mod.  Seems like that civ died already.  Moving around the map to pick an embark location changes the number of neighbors too.

Is there a way to find out how many enemy civilizations have access to my fortress in my current game?  I'd hate to keep playing for a few more years before discovering I embarked in a super safe location.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2011, 04:14:06 pm »

the list of civs you see on the embark screen is the ones which have access to your fort. Do note that some strong FD civs, such as jortun, can siege quite late.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 80