Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 317718 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.12/16] Fortress Defense Mod II: Higher Customizability!
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2010, 11:35:02 am »

I think frogmen are bugged, I'm currently at war with them and so far at 40 pop not one seige.
Nom nom nom

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2010, 06:18:15 pm »

I think frogmen are bugged, I'm currently at war with them and so far at 40 pop not one seige.

Are any other civs attacking?

Has anyone else experienced DF crashes while running this mod? I don't know if they're related to the mod (I don't know why) but after installing the mod, I've gotten two fortresses up to ~50 pop and while playing both the game started randomly crashing. One was under 0.31.12 and the other under 0.31.16, in both cases I was using the Lazy Newb pack plus FD.

I'll figure this out when I don't have a ton of midterms breathing down my neck.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2010, 07:06:16 pm »

Huh so far only the vanilla races have shown for me, I'm being attacked by kobolds, humans and goblins, and the civ screen shows a few of the defense mod civs but none have attacked.
Nom nom nom

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2010, 07:43:42 pm »

Huh so far only the vanilla races have shown for me, I'm being attacked by kobolds, humans and goblins, and the civ screen shows a few of the defense mod civs but none have attacked.

Can you post which version(Basic or Challenge) you are using and whether you are using individual civ files or the entire entity_fortressdefense file?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2010, 07:55:04 pm »

challenge and all of them, may just be they got all killed off though, the human civ is freaking huge in this world.
Nom nom nom

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2010, 06:59:24 pm »

funny thing i witnessed with the tigerpeople .. if you catch em in cagetraps  they breed like mad...

those cubs can be tamed .. .. if you release them they disturb everything but if you just tame em and then serve em in colosseumfights together with other tigerpeople they attack even their own mother above the dwarfes :)

(i atm do regular brawls of my 5 men wrestlersquad (in steel armor) vs 8-15 caught enemies ... in the last brawl it was suddenly 9 vs 10 because the cubs wrestled  any frogmen and tigerpeople .. after the service they were smashed to pulp as well (one dwarf even managed to splatter one cub into the wall)

any idea how to circumvent this behavior or is it rather intended? :)

PS: same seems to happen with any elephant calves/bear cubs from the mounts

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2010, 09:02:22 pm »

funny thing i witnessed with the tigerpeople .. if you catch em in cagetraps  they breed like mad...

those cubs can be tamed .. .. if you release them they disturb everything but if you just tame em and then serve em in colosseumfights together with other tigerpeople they attack even their own mother above the dwarfes :)

(i atm do regular brawls of my 5 men wrestlersquad (in steel armor) vs 8-15 caught enemies ... in the last brawl it was suddenly 9 vs 10 because the cubs wrestled  any frogmen and tigerpeople .. after the service they were smashed to pulp as well (one dwarf even managed to splatter one cub into the wall)

any idea how to circumvent this behavior or is it rather intended? :)

PS: same seems to happen with any elephant calves/bear cubs from the mounts

Isn't this fun  ;) I don't see why being able to do what you want with prisoners, including breed them, shouldn't be an intended feature of the game  :D

Other than that, the game doesn't really offer a way to really change the behavior of captured invaders.

Alogism

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2010, 09:04:16 pm »

For some reason after 3 years the mod stopped working totally. It seems to be stuck in Siege mode, Yet nothing is alive except one locked away Forgotten beast and a wandering slug-man or two. No new sieges will come, No ambushes, No migrants and no Caravans

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2010, 09:18:13 pm »

Well I'e officially killed 3 titans..... and 25 kobolds and 30 goblins but not one defense mod creature, and I engraved a ton of stuff and they are showing up a heck of alot in world gen history, just not in game....
Nom nom nom

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2010, 10:15:04 pm »

It's a good idea to increase number of civilizations when genning the world, and to stop history pretty early.  I went with 80 civs on a medium map and stop my history at 50 or 75, usually every civ is alive.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 01, 2010, 11:04:07 pm »

For some reason after 3 years the mod stopped working totally. It seems to be stuck in Siege mode, Yet nothing is alive except one locked away Forgotten beast and a wandering slug-man or two. No new sieges will come, No ambushes, No migrants and no Caravans

This bug is in vanilla too. Sometimes an invader will become bugged and the game will track it as an invisible unit near the edge of the map, which prevents the current siege from lifting. The only fix I know of is to use DF Hack to find and kill the invader.

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 07, 2010, 11:35:03 am »

I had a lot of frogman siege, so they aren't bugged.

But, is it normal than minotaurus send thieves ?
 and that giant fiend spider sends ambushes ?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 07, 2010, 11:43:14 am »

huh finally got my first siege... and my second, third and fourth all at the same time.  Bloody 12 goblins, 15 tigermen, 20 frogmen and 25ish stranglers, killed 3 of my dwarves, course one drowned.  But I got 3 people with titles (two of which died to the goblins)  I think my artifact star ruby floodgate, with steel encircles and gold engravings, along with sapphire spikes caused the sieges.....
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 07, 2010, 03:24:06 pm »

huh so I noticed dark stranglers are edible and butcher-able.... I have 800 meat now after a siege, and no causalities, they've become more of a annual food drop as opposed to a problem.
Nom nom nom

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2010, 11:50:13 pm »

That's deliciously intended behavior; if you're besieged by wild animals, why not eat them? The difficulty of other sieges and the cutting off of caravans should help make up for the "windfalls".

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 80