Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 317642 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.12/16] Fortress Defense Mod II: Higher Customizability!
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2010, 09:14:07 am »

Well im halfway through year 2 on my first FortDefense attempt, in .16.

Not much yet though at this early stage i guess thats expected, a thief or 2 but no ambushes, everything is alive and was on embark screen so i guess i'll wait for it.

Curious though.....Tigermen just arrived as a merchant caravan, was a little surprised, do i have to genocide the merchants of these new races to get a war going or something?  I had thought from the first page that these were all hostile goblin-like races

That's kinda random...they should be hostile by default since they can't communicate with dwarves without [CAN_SPEAK]...it's up to you, I guess, whether to massacre them or allow them to be impromptu allies. What do their merchants bring, anyway?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2010, 10:30:31 am »

Was interesting actually.  Lot of cloth and leather bins, some metal bars.  Better pickings overall than the crappy elves who showed up immediately after.  Also appropriately enough a considerable amount of polar bear leather in the bins
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 18, 2010, 12:58:01 pm »

Was interesting actually.  Lot of cloth and leather bins, some metal bars.  Better pickings overall than the crappy elves who showed up immediately after.  Also appropriately enough a considerable amount of polar bear leather in the bins

Another question for testing purposes: did the tigerman merchants have names?

It's hard to know whether this is part of the game itself or just part of defective raws.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2010, 04:24:24 pm »

They were already off the map but i found them on my last seasonal save.

Merchants were named, they brought the usual food, cloth, leather.
Also more usefully they brought many anvils, iron weapons/armor (large), gems, caged animals, diamonds, trap components, some useful bars...the works
2 caravan guards, an axeman and hammerman

I have them in the depot on a seasonal save anyway if you need anything else....only modifications i have made are noexotics and addition of healing rate to nervous tissues

edit: oh and they arrived spring my guess since they are absent at the start of spring and sharing a depot with elves at start of summer

« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:26:52 pm by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2010, 04:45:06 pm »

If you take the time to upload the depot save, I'll take a look at the raws. It might be a new unintended feature of dwarf fortress.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2010, 07:23:36 pm »

That's pretty neat - I realize that's an accident of how that particular civ rolled up, but it would be a nifty expansion if your civs were possible to be friendly by design.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2010, 07:54:48 pm »

That's pretty neat - I realize that's an accident of how that particular civ rolled up, but it would be a nifty expansion if your civs were possible to be friendly by design.

You can actually mod them to be friendly even after you've started a fortress, if I recall correctly. Just give the desired races the [CAN_SPEAK] tag.

Edit: Tigers are active in all seasons, so if they are friendly, they will visit you four times a year. Hopefully this isn't too broken...

Edit2: Ah, looks like problem has been solved. Yeah, your memory of the default raw situation is correct. The tag is present but without the []s, which renders it dormant. You must have re-enabled it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:42:07 pm by darkflagrance »

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2010, 07:58:29 pm »

the stranglers showed up and got annihilated, so they at least are being hostile.

Tiger traders showed twice this year though (spring then late autumn)

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3296
is the save, theyre at the depot

edit: having read above i went and checked the fd entities...sure enough, tigermen [CAN_SPEAK].
Question now is whether thats all your raws or something i did......its possible you had left the tag in but without the []'s, i seem to recall seeing that when i first perused them...guess i went and made it a proper tag, was fairly drunk that night
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 08:25:53 pm by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2010, 10:11:55 pm »

The new way the different civs are split up into separate files is just fine, one couldn't ask for it to be any simpler.  Going to roll a new map with these and try this idea I had for military training.  Thanks!

edit: I'm sure it's just my amazingly shitty luck, but I just got two sieges simultaneously at the very beginning of year 2 (Tigermen and stranglers) and got smushed.   :'(
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:46:34 am by FleshForge »

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2010, 02:44:04 pm »

Quite surprisingly, I just had some blendecs and goblins siege me at the same time and apparently they are hostile to each other as well.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2010, 10:20:11 am »

Just for completeness.

I removed the can_speak from my tigermen again to try and revert them to hostile status.
They sent 1 more caravan which i guess was somehow considered to already be 'on its way'
It was followed by a tigerman seige about 2 months later and i havent seen them since so seems to be reset.

In other news things are hotting up in my first FD fort.  butchered another couple of strangler waves, two frogman waves, a tigerman seige and a pack of furies.  Celebrated this with another wave of migrants so im sure something more formiddable is en-route
Marksdwarf Pillboxes

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2010, 02:02:21 pm »

Quite surprisingly, I just had some blendecs and goblins siege me at the same time and apparently they are hostile to each other as well.

They should be hostile, because they can't speak to each other...and this way it's more fun. In theory though, humans and elves that siege your fort simultaneously would not therefore fight each other because they both have [CAN_SPEAK], unless the game put them at war with each other in world gen.

Just for completeness.

I removed the can_speak from my tigermen again to try and revert them to hostile status.
They sent 1 more caravan which i guess was somehow considered to already be 'on its way'
It was followed by a tigerman seige about 2 months later and i havent seen them since so seems to be reset.

In other news things are hotting up in my first FD fort.  butchered another couple of strangler waves, two frogman waves, a tigerman seige and a pack of furies.  Celebrated this with another wave of migrants so im sure something more formiddable is en-route

That's good; I had hoped that the early waves would be relatively easy to beat. The curve is about to jump quite a bit though soon...

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2010, 03:18:53 pm »

My first siege were frogman and tiger, no problem I thought. Until I cheked their equipment, a squad of frogman had steel shortsword, another had steel helm and the last one had steel mace. The tigermen had some steel weaponry too. I thought they were supposed to be equipped with shitty weapon and armor ? I use the challenge version.

Was FUN none the less since my 17 militia in full bronze got insta-gibbed by the 60 hostiles XD
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:21:04 pm by Ilikor »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2010, 09:39:35 pm »

My first siege were frogman and tiger, no problem I thought. Until I cheked their equipment, a squad of frogman had steel shortsword, another had steel helm and the last one had steel mace. The tigermen had some steel weaponry too. I thought they were supposed to be equipped with shitty weapon and armor ? I use the challenge version.

Was FUN none the less since my 17 militia in full bronze got insta-gibbed by the 60 hostiles XD

If you look again at the Frogman entry, it says that they use wooden weapons in Basic, but metal weapons in challenge.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2010, 03:40:32 am »

nice man but wow .. those warwolves are tough as rock .. got em trapped in my  entrance area with marksmen shooting from above and the fight goes for like 6 months now with 2 casualties  so far from 12 wolves ... those elephants are cowards and  hellfire imps are a real nightmare so far .. never managed to defeat them ambushing my people head on even with a samesize steelclad melee squad + bow support ^^

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:13:25 am by schussel »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 80