Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: SparkGear XIII The Cursed -Courageous dwarf, grab 24th!  (Read 10433 times)

Will Alvein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You pick up an old, dusty book that seems to have been lying here for many years.
Engraved on it's hard cover you read the following.

The story of Wyrraim the cheese maker

You are in a good mood because of those new silk socks you got today, so you decide to take a look inside.

Introduction

I never considered myself an intellectual dwarf, I mocked more than once them dwarves that love reading books instead of working. So it's even surprising to myself that I decided to write this. I think I just want to tell my story, so that others might learn as I have learned from it. There are many a dwarf overly proud and arrogant, and I think I might've been one of them. But, as you'll see, in the end, my pride and trust in myself was the downfall of not only me, but perhaps a whole settlement of our kind.

Book I: no more cheese
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bbook II: The dangers underground

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:09:58 pm by Will Alvein »

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crap.
I have to face a frost wyvern?!?
The scariest thing I've ever killed is a zombie eagle.
*sigh*
I'll try my best
Join the new Hermit Succession

Will Alvein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, you don't really need to fight it... right now. The fortress is safe enough, what needs to be done is to give the soldiers good equipments (possibly bronze equipments), and let them train for a good while, so they become strong enough to kill the wyvern... hopefully. There's everything you will need down in the fortress, though. Worst case scenario, there'll be lots of fun ;P

Anyway, I'm posting to... uh, say that I just posted the second 'book' of my story, they are all grouped together on my last post, click the spoiler tags to read them :D

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear XIII The Cursed -Frost Wyvern vs unequiped military?
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2010, 09:59:03 pm »

First update of my journal :p lack image, but should be fix. I can't think we didn't get enough bronze, I bring for like 50 bar of bronze when I embark. Each set of cassiterite/copper ore get us 2 bar of bronze, damn it!
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

Will Alvein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2010, 01:42:09 pm »

Book III: The Fall

So end the adventures and misfortunes of Wyrraim, for the moment.

I hope whoever was bored enough to read this had fun ;P
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:02:43 pm by Will Alvein »

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2010, 03:49:00 pm »

So i've got 2 hours left?
Damn volunteering >:@

Edit:
Computer died, posting on webbook. Won't be able to play. Plus while it was working everything was very confusing so I wouldn't of added much.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:23:35 pm by oidip »
Join the new Hermit Succession

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2010, 07:39:25 pm »

Huh, we're the 4th, not the 3rd.
In approx. 3h it's switchover, Samaha doesn't give a life sign, Turkey just have to start when he want. Unless someone actually want that 3h play time xD
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 07:41:13 pm by sir labreck »
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 01:20:11 am »

Wow, me already?  Gotta check my timezones to make sure I'm good to start, then I'll download.

Aha, so my turn started 1:50 ago.  I'm afk for the next 6 hrs, oidip if you can get the save up by then I'll use that, otherwise Will Alvein's save.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:49:37 am by TurkeyXIII »
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 02:03:05 am »

Huh? I think I showed up yesterday, although I am in a different time zone I think.
Dang, seems he's already started. I only just woke up and he took my go at 6:00 am.

The switchover occured 4:30 am, so if I can't take this turn can you put me back in later on? Mabye 13th.

Dang timezones, got the right times now though.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:24:43 am by Samohan25 »

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2010, 02:52:05 am »

Everyone confuse of the date or what? oidip have completly miss is turn, sorry mate.
Samo, your turn official end nearly 5h ago, you could still grap the little sleep hour that turkey is going to take.

Sorry if someone get confuse by the whole thing, and be happy, the timezone are pretty much logical for the majority, back in the first SG, it was at a weird hour (cause midnight get at that time for nakh).

If 13th is open, you got it Samo. The two things difficult we SG is too understand you got only 24h at one specific day and maybe your midnight doesn't occur at the same time as switchover :p

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2010, 02:55:40 am »

Sure, thanks. Next time I'll see if I can ask the current overseer when they transfer the save.

Switchover is 6:00 am in my area, so I'll just post the day before that I'll start then.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:57:13 am by Samohan25 »

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2010, 12:17:27 pm »

Will do a proper write-up after I'm done, but here's my game notes so far:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:26:49 am by TurkeyXIII »
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2010, 01:20:21 pm »

What is that tileset you're using? I like it!

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2010, 02:16:05 pm »

Ironhand, it comes with the Genesis mod we are also using.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2010, 09:08:19 pm »

Pretty good tileset imo.
I should keep track of the save and post last-in-date save in the first post. Alvein post it like at the end of 2nd and I didn't notice ^^ Bah (hand movement).

PS: Samo, you got 13th,
Still my dwarf leave? Wasn't clear, "bit him in half" mean I got kill or I just get really a lot of fun with my chest? I hope you don't butcher the initial female cat, if we don't lack food, we don't need to butcher these one. Just keep the other less a male caged up :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:14:32 pm by sir labreck »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8