Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: SparkGear XIII The Cursed -Courageous dwarf, grab 24th!  (Read 10427 times)

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
  • You know what? Tic tock motherf**** --> SG philo
    • View Profile
SparkGear XIII The Cursed -Courageous dwarf, grab 24th!
« on: July 30, 2010, 06:17:17 pm »

PS: Damn people, choose a date when taking turn
SPARKGEAR XIII
THE CURSED

Welcome again fool, damned and all the other idiot who get near enough. Here we are, the thirteenth SparGear, in all is glory and madness! For the ones who doesn't know this epic succession fortress here the in a few word description: You have 24 hours real time to play as much as you like and how you like, with a few exception (check rule). No more, no less, and you are total master of the fortress for this period of time.

Mod in use (and version): http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52988.0 Genesis Mod (.12 for DF)

Ok, here the important, took a turn, everyone welcome, good, bad, ugly or new dwarf. Fresh blood is always welcome.

Turn List
1st August: Sir Labreck  -Get the settlement started
2nd.Urist Imiknorris -Alein play, find magma ocean, Frost Wyvern
3rd.oidip- miss is turn
4th.Samohan25 -miss is turn
5th.TurkeyXIII -SparkGearish up a little the fortress, aka get more killed recruit and other problem
6th.Chaoseed
7th.TheDJ17

8th.Will Alvein
9th.JinF
10th.Demonic Spoon -Kill the Frost Wyvern
11th.BlackRogue
12th.Areku -Forfeit
13th.Samohan25 -Miss he turn
14th.No one claim

15th.evilgenius21 -Never show up
16th.Lord Shonus -Internet mess up
17th.No one claim
18th.Labreck -Figure out he will need the 19th
19th.Labreck -Get a claim on it to fix up thing and get god metal
20th.
21th.

22th.
23th.Barbarossa -FEAR WHAT HE WOULD DO!!!
24th.
25th.
26th.
27th.
28th.

29th.
30th. 

All the damn turn are open, check the meta rule now!

Rules

Important rules
-Switchover for the turn occur at midnight, normal time central U.S.A, meaning: 1h for East Coast, 23h West Coast and 7h in Western Europe (France, England...)
-Show lifesign the day before you turn, and even better, two. Or else we skip you.
-You have 3h of delay to post the damn save. After that you are skip.
-Any unclaimed turn (due to no one interest or skipping) is up to the first who claim it. Same goes for the taking of turn, first here, first serve.

Other rules
-Anyone is free to skip a turn if: The fortress is unplayable (bad fps, magma over everything, impossible siege to defeat all over the fortress). So avoid this and don't let stone lying around or other scrap, keep good fps!
-You are a total god when you are overseer, feel free to do anything stupid here, except sabotage the fortress or totally destroying it without the other permission.

Motherfucker, we are finish! That mean you got 3 fucking day to take a turn before thing really start.

PS: Last save in date: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2933 (BlackRogue)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 12:42:28 am by sir labreck »
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

Quote from: Oglokoog
sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SparkGear XIII The Cursed
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 06:22:53 pm »

Keep it to get one whole report for my turn, including the region choose on the global map, embark kit and the starting of the fortress.

Embark planned: Evil region without water (need to dig to find :)) or an aquifer
Kit:
1.Miner/Mechanic
2.Miner/Furnace Operator
3.Mason/Architect
4.Planter/Brewer
5.Planter/Cook
6.Armorer/Weaponsmith
7.Swordwarf/Fighter

Item
Underground classic seed
Wood
Meat
Anvil
the ore for bronze
bituminous coal
1 male cat
9 female cat
1 male dog
4 female dog
no pick
ni axe

we forge the tool and that cost less ^^ the cat will be for the butcher industry (let the first 10 took a master after kill or caged evrything else!)

HRP report:

World gen done, the Ageless Continent in the Mythical Dimension await us, I put my cap fps at 500, need to pass the first year fast. Now searching for a good spot :)

A good one fine, and the embark finally done, after some delay for numerous reason.

The ability of the Dwarf are as stated above.

Items: (include also dog, not shown on the screen)

Strike the Earth!

I start making bronze and the pick and everything we need to survive.

Damn, seem like or we can breach via a stone layer the aquifer or it's a false positive. The last case better, meaning some sort of challenge. I'm slowly mining the first room before descending down. The local life prove to be much peaceful even if we are in a really evil region. Thing should get better...

The whole map stand on a stone layer, source of water, 2 pools. I start digging down, with some precaution, on the bright side, we got iron ore, cassiterite+copper ore and bauxite. We can easily get bronze, iron and magma proof mechanism.

Farming operation should start soon, with a pump permitting to flood the farm, no floodgate involve, pretty foolproof system ^^ Continuing to dig deeper, without luck so far.

Found a cavern, the damn then crash, I take a break and came back in an hour or two.

Long break, praise the autosave, I set up the cavern around moving the fortress to the underground and fortify ourself there.

We got an immigration wave in summer, only 5, 4 will go into hauler because they have side competence pretty much useful, but not now (bowyer, medicine related), the other go as a miner.

Ok, finish my turn, up to claim. I got primary fortress up and running, food, booze, bed, etc. Get a little tribute of my own :) To destroy it, thanks :p

Tommorow morning, PoI, complete rp report.

List of interest:
-Fortress is in cavern, F4 to access it quickly
-Each dwarf got a profession name except mine and job along it, keep it this way for organization
-Extending food stockpile is not only -p -f and a selection, be sure to extend a drink stockpile, seed and food, only drink should get barrel or you'll got trouble.
-No defense, but the way it's build, it's easy to fix
-Good Luck to the next fool :p

Here the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2880

Note to everyone: Feel free to ask to be dwarfed and start some side role playing, as long as you fallow what the overseer is seeing in his report ^^

Warning, lot of f word in that, swearing and you know the like, lighthearted abstain! THIS IS SPARKGEAR!!! MWAHAHAHA!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Next update include actual image, I don't get them were I'm writing this, sorry.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:56:37 pm by sir labreck »
If you have to choose between war and dishonour, don't choose dishonour because you'll have war.

sir labreck, how you manage to mangle English so much yet still manage to keep your posts comprehensible is beyond me. Well done.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 06:28:34 pm »

I'll join.
Join the new Hermit Succession

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 07:04:42 pm »

Use a miner/mason and a mason/engraver instead of the mason/architect.

I'll take the 2nd. That's Monday, right?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 08:17:07 pm »

For the day of the week I don't know, but probably. I sign you up for the second,
oidip, what day do you want?

As for the mason I'll think, you're right that architect is not a particular useful skill, but if we break an aquifer, it greatly speed up thing...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:20:01 pm by sir labreck »

evilgenius21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 08:37:04 pm »

I'd like to be signed up for the 15th spot.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 09:29:24 pm »

You could also make him a "pure" mason, spend the thirty-five points on other things, and hand him an axe for tree butchering once you forge it.

Bringing three pieces each of cassiterite and malachite/copper nuggets and four of b. coal will give us exactly enough for two picks, an axe, a sword, a shield, and a mail shirt.

I'll take the swordsdwarf, but could you please give me at least novice in a civilian skill before militarizing?

EDIT: Silly Firefox, cassiterite is totally a word.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:12:35 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

JinF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 09:33:57 pm »

Never played the Genesis mod. This should be interesting. I'd like a spot.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 10:28:17 pm »

Idea: Replace the cats with cave tortoises.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 01:21:09 am »

Eh...gimme the 10th I guess.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 03:40:37 am »

I'll take third
Join the new Hermit Succession

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 04:04:41 am »

Sin me upidy!

Samohan25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 05:05:52 am »

I'll take any avalible space, 4-6th maybe. I have some experience, and should be able to keep the fortress alive... ish.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 09:34:31 am »

Sparkgear XIII?  This one's got my name on it!  Part of my name, anyway...

I'd like a turn, but it'll have to be midweek sometime (tues, wed or thurs).
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

sir labreck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 09:57:39 am »

Everyone who specify a date got it. Turkey, you got 5th, fine, it's in middle of the week?

Everybody else, get a date damn! And I'm not modding anything, my modding last few experience were terrible.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8