Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modded entity not attacking  (Read 783 times)

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modded entity not attacking
« on: July 30, 2010, 03:27:29 pm »

I'm trying to make a basic proof of concept werewolf mod where werewolves are the only supernatural creature. The problem i have is that they seem to be at war with all humans but are never any battles between them. the humans aren't fighting each other either. I've been tweaking genesis (thanks deon) so that i have a stable foundation to test things on but they weren't even fighting before i started to make big changes.

Is there a special tag or collection of tags that cause world gen conflict? Ideally i don't want them to talk or to have any jobs other than hunter.

I've tried just adding all sorts of tags form other civs that work to see if something helps but nothing has changed it. does anyone know what i'm missing?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Modded entity not attacking
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 03:32:23 pm »

Worldgen wars are mostly based on ethics. Try to set them apart from other civs. Make slavery and flesh-eating ACCEPTABLE and they should see wars.

P.S. There may be a problem with creatures without CAN_SPEAK not starting such diplomacy to start real wars though, it needs tests. You could make them babysnatchers though... Also check the history, usually only overlapping civs attack each other.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 03:37:57 pm »

All their ethics are bad. they're also babysnatchers. i've also changed them so they can live in almost any biome. i've looked at the maps of their civs and there is often some overlap or at least territory contact. I'll try adding CAN_SPEAK and see if it makes a difference. Would that conflict with UTTERANCES?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 03:39:51 pm »

Yes it would. Also if they are automatically at war, they should siege and attack. Maybe you're just unlucky?

P.S. If they already have a BABYSNATCHER tag, just make them INTELLIGENT and it should solve the problem.

The replace of INTELLIGENT with CAN_LEARN is only to make them hostile without adding BABYSNATCHER.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 03:46:03 pm »

I only added babysnatcher to try and get them to fight. I've genned several worlds with slight changes and each time i search through the entire legends list looking for conflict. it's easy to spot with no megabeasts but i only ever see the odd animal fighting humans. everyone else just dies of old age.

The main issue is that the wolves need some skill in order to be fun to fight. i'd also like them to attack adventurers on sight. once i have it working in adventure mode i'll start testing it in fortress.

EDIT: looks like adding CAN_SPEAK worked. they're fighting now but not for the right reasons. is there any reason that CAN_LEARN wouldn't work? maybe i implemented it wrong.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 03:50:45 pm by Foamy »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 03:53:58 pm »

Did you remove INTELLIGENT when you used CAN_LEARN method?

INTELLIGENT = CAN_LEARN+CAN_SPEAK.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 03:59:18 pm »

I don't think intelligent was ever in there.

EDIT: Well i removed CAN_SPEAK and didn't add UTTERANCES back in and it's worked. things seem pretty balanced and there's some really cool fighting going on.

Thanks for all the help!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:13:21 pm by Foamy »

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 04:44:38 pm »

Just bumping this to ask if there's any way of making creatures attack adventurers on sight? It would also be awesome if mayors could give quests to assassinate enemy leaders.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 06:04:45 pm »

[NOFEAR] and [DIFFICULTY], I believe. That should work.

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 06:22:35 pm »

[NOFEAR] and [DIFFICULTY], I believe. That should work.

What's a reasonable difficulty to set?

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 10:05:49 am »

Over 9,000!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 10:11:56 am »

Doesn't [DIFFICULTY] merely set spawn depth in caves and EXP gain upon a successful attack?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (